1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tulane vs Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Saturday 230p (FINAL GAME @ ROBERTSON STADIUM)
    Weather: 65 @ kickoff no rain
    Tv: FSN (ch 37 Houston Comcast)
    Line: Coogs 12.5
    Totals 68.5

Coogs rout Tulane to close the Rob

Tulane 24

Coogs 56

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Ah yes, the toilet bowl. So, Cougar fans, it has come to this. Let's face reality, Levine does not look like the answer. Have you seen any of his press conferences? He is so obviously depressed and I am sure that rubs off on the players. He checked it in several games ago.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Khator said Levine's job status will be reviewed at the end of the year. She doesn't f*** around. On the bright side, hooray for the death of Robertson.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm sure promoting a position coach internally was obviously enough to anyone a cost-cutting move, hopefully she's been working with wealthy alumni to secure a buyout and a contract for a better coach. Although, with the past few years and upcoming construction, all of which was necessary if you remember what the campus looked like even in the early '00s, a top coach just might not be feasible.

5. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Everyone wearing Hayden's name on the back of their jersey instead of their own is a nice touch.

Seriously, the Rudy thing was make-believe..this is real....football players putting aside their egos for a teammate.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

I don't know if Levine is going to be fired. He led the team to a 5-7 record. The Texas State game was a disaster, but firing a coach after one season? We're not Tennessee.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Levine just gives off the wrong vibe. It may be a false perception, but it is like he doesn't have a clue what he is doing. The team looks and plays like they are poorly coached. They seem to lack discipline and organization. The team appears to have individual talent, but just not jelled together into a cohesive unit. He may get better, he may get worse. I don't like what I see so far. I understand key injuries, but they are a shadow of their former selves. My intuition tells me to make a change, now. He could be the next Bill Yeoman, but he looks way over his head right now.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

oh hi guys

did you see that Rice is bowling?

if we had our starting QB vs. you we would have pasted you

9. AFS

AFS Member

Funny, I think we said the same thing in 2010.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

both of our teams lacked their starting QBs that year

11. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

If I recall correctly, that year we played the Bayou Bucket at Rice with Piland as our QB (still trash like back then) and Nick Fanuzzi for Rice.

12. ShutURBiG!

And Fanuzzi >>> Piland, and this is coming from a current UH student and fan. Should've went with Crawford from Game 1. Piland is a goober. Good riddance to him if he does transfer. Can't wait for O'Korn to play here if he keeps his commitment.

13. Poloshirtbandit

Even though I agree with what you said, I'm willing to give him one more year. I just think it sends a bad message to recruits if you're firing a coach after one below average year.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I like what we were doing in conference USA. Last 8 years have been fun. Entertaining Football. With quality wins over ranked teams. I enjoy watching the team. And maybe once every 5 years we have a good run. That's better than 1/20 years with a more traditional approach. Seems we know who we are now.

I'd like to see if the same offense with our track stars can be successful in the Big East. Not sure. But I want to know. If it were to fail, I'd be open to a more traditional balance after trying for another 3 years with Levine. Thing is we have history of success when we open up the offense. Our pipeline appears geared toward a track meet. I think Levine can keep that going. A change may end the run.

I think Piland was growing, but I don't trust even one throw, and I don't think after 2 years I am confident he will improve enough to get us to a bowl game. I'd make the change now. Think we could get a good transfer to come in here and toss it, or even a freshman recruit. I really think Piland was just so inconsistent we are headed nowhere with him under center.

15. ShutURBiG!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-John-O'Korn-116990

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Those quality wins have mostly come OOC.

Not sure what you mean by "good run", but the Cougars have finished in the top 25 or had 10+ wins 9 out of the last 35 years. That's not really like the 1/20 clip you mentioned.

At this rate, we have no reason to think the offense can't succeed anywhere. Sumlin's experiment has proven that. Plus the Big East is CUSA-redux at this point.

Supposedly Piland is on his way out and O'Korn/Kolhausen will have the inside track in 2013. We can only hope. Also, there was a Juco QB on campus yesterday. I think it was either a kid from Montana State or North Dakota State. Either way, some competition would be nice.

#16 DonnyMost, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012