1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Just Ruined Thanksgiving For My Family.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jae713, Nov 22, 2012.

1. dback816

dback816 Member

Yes

Is this a serious question?

2. Grape_Swisha281

yes a serious question, would everybody be equally upset if it was the other way around...

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not saying you were right, but I understand. I'm not blaming you.

[​IMG]

4. Kim

Kim Member

His mom, two sisters, and brother-in-law didn't want him to perhaps.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They also didn't want him to fight the guy and he didn't listen to that advice. I am sorry, but if there is a known sex offender, who is exposing himself to loved ones, punching him won't make him stop, but a few years in jail and therapy might.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How about both :).

7. Kim

Kim Member

I agree, but that can cause even a bigger problem in his family, which is what I'm guessing. You are morally right bobrek, and so is the OP, but he's screwed by being stuck with a mom and two sisters who are weird about this situation. Look at what already happened. He had to leave Thanksgiving because the brother-in-law was threatening to call the cops. WTF?

Imagine if OP got brother-in-law's precious little brother jailed for a few years as you suggest. OP could have done the right thing in your eyes, but then been deemed an outcast in his own family for causing a big ordeal. At least now, he could still show his face around and the family will just try to keep OP and the sex offender separated. Perhaps you are fortunate that your family is reasonable and abides by societal norms, but not everyone's family is like that. It can really suck. Seems like the two sisters and mom care more about the son-in-law's feelings (even if it's protecting a sex offender) than they do for the OP.

8. Grape_Swisha281

Why is this question being ignored...

9. SC1211

SC1211 Member

You were totally, 100% wrong and the support in this thread is lessening my faith in humanity. There's a reason vigilante justice is against the law. Now if you were provoked in some way, that's one thing, but all you did was make the situation worse. If he called the cops, you look like a horrible witness, and you lessen the chance of him getting the punishment he deserves. You should have informed your family of what you were thinking, threatened to call the police, and confronted him verbally before physically doing it. Instead, you decided to be a macho man, and accomplished absolutely nothing but selfishly making yourself feel better by releasing your anger.

10. bobmarley

bobmarley Member

It's more like a 25 year old woman showing her snazz to a 14 and 55 year old. That, of course, is disturbing and wrong. Question not avoided just use proper terms. What you were describing is Mardi Gras.

11. Grape_Swisha281

give me a break i was 5 years off on both of their age. I just want to make sure it goes both ways.

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Member

And the fact that you said a woman showing her breasts. That is a lot different then showing their genitalia.

13. Grape_Swisha281

what is the difference!?!?!? they are both private parts.. so you think its any better?

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I think you need Elmo to hug you.

15. bobmarley

bobmarley Member

It is legal for women to walk around topless in New York.

Genitalia is genitalia.

The guy is flashing his piece, so what you should ask is what if a woman is showing her clam.

16. Grape_Swisha281

17 is also the legal age of consent there too.. still dont make it right and private parts are private parts

17. Obito

Obito Member

Just checking in.

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Member

Alot of people in this thread are under the impression that this guy was exposing himself to a minor. I read the OP's initial post that the guy was exposing himself to the OP's mom and younger (adult) sister, who happens to be married to the pervert's brother. Is that correct, or am I mistaken?

It's still wrong and I don't fault OP for doing what he did one bit. However, I do think that the mother, sister, and especially the sister's scumbag husband should have taken action prior to it coming to this.

19. jae713

jae713 Member

I completely agree. The only good that came out of this whole situation is that my sister and my mom are never going back to my brother-in-laws house. My brother-in-law kicked my mom and sister out and seems to be taking his molester brothers side in this whole situation. I am going to let things calm down for a couple of days and then maybe look to call the police.

20. jae713

jae713 Member

He was doing it to my younger 14 year old sister.