1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

listen to the lakers tv coaches:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=152529&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=825

again we have had 3 coaches and they are all stupid in insisting jamison remain a 3. he is a 4 period

The coach needs to have the team turn the pace up. Stop walking the ball up the court, you have Morris out there, let him run the ball up the court.

Dwight needs to stop jogging.

We have a terrible group of bench scorers....and starters are gassed

howard with another idiotic goaltend

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Really? In what way? Last time I checked Lin has started every game. Stop whinning and be happy the Rockets won and hope Lin improves. Sheesh. insufferable super hypersensitive LOF's are insufferable.

1 person likes this.
  3. marexx

marexx Member

i would easily send lin to the d-league even if he had a max contract you just can"t let
    a starting PG play like that and hope he will shoot normal maybe he was just on a heater
    in NY and now reality has hit him maybe he cant shoot better than this...

4. torocan

torocan Member

This is why...

http://www.nbpa.org/sites/nbpa.org/files/ARTICLE XLII.pdf

You can ONLY send Rookies or Sophomores to the D-League.

Either they Develop Lin on the team or they don't. It's that simple. And if you're going to develop him on the team, he needs play time.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

perhaps so, but it would be much less frustrating for many impatientos or lin haters to lie as well:grin::grin::grin:

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You are 100% wrong. The coaches and the entire Rocket organization have been supportive of Lin from the first day he became a Rocket. Because your main focus is on Lin and not the rocket team as a whole, you are unable to see what is really happening.

The coaches played TD in OT against Portland, and they played him tonight late in the 4th quarter. But that's only two games out of twelve. The coaches have given Lin 34 minutes per game compared to Douglas getting 16 minutes, so Lin is probably getting more minutes than he deserves based on his performance so far this season.

I've got news for you. Lin isn't the only player that needs support from the coaches. Just imagine what Toney Douglas must be feeling like this year. Lin has played like total crap all year and Douglas has only been able to average 16 minutes a night.

I don't want to hear any more of this nonsense about the coaches not supporting Lin. Or that Lin needs to keep getting big minutes so he will have "confidence". This is the NBA, a player better produce when he hits the court, because the coaches are trying to win games and there are other players on the bench that deserve an opportunity to play also.

If you asked Jeremy Lin, I suspect he would be the first person to tell you that with the way he's been playing, he probably doesn't deserve the minutes he's been getting. I'm a Rockets fan, so I truly hope Lin finds his game and starts playing well, but I don't think he needs to be playing big minutes and at the end of all the games. Thousands of players have watched from the bench when they're not playing well, Jeremy Lin should not be the exception.

#1246 Rip Van Rocket, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Fair enough. He needs playing time but not at the cost of team wins.

8. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

To say that Jeremy played like garbage is an understatement. Now, Im one of those asking for patience for him to get his shooting touch back because I know he's not this bad but damn :(
    Im a Lin fan, signed up here to continue to root for the kid and to watch him progress into the great player I know Jeremy can be.
    But.. (and I know it's sounds completely terrible) to some degree I'm wondering if he's really giving it his all out there :X
    Today Toney went to work, he reminded of a desperate Lin LAST year when he had to go out there and ball his ass off to save his job or be cut a few days later, thus starting ~Linsanity and permanently benching Toney. Right now Toney is playing just as desperate to prove something.
    What Im saying is I just haven't seen that URGENCY and hunger from Lin on defense or offense like I did last year.

I understand that could be attributed to being a new system, the burden of the contract, lack of confidence, etc. I just hope he snaps out of whatever it is that's holding him back.

9. marexx

marexx Member

26 min 4 rbd 3 ast 5 to 4 pts 2-9 shooting

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Douglas, once again, has been playing worse the Lin, aside from tonight which is just one game.

This is not even an argument. Those are the facts. If you want to pretend otherwise, you're just being ignorant, willfully (which means you're a liar) or honestly (which means you're not paying attention).

And that's what's sad. Because Lin is not playing well due to his lack of efficiency. If he could just make his shots, he'd be doing fine, but he throws up far too many bricks. The fact that Douglas has been clearly worse means we do not have any PG who has been playing at 30+ mpg level on the roster for the first time in years.

There is nothing you can really do about it right now... you work with what you've got, and it's FAR too early to give up on Lin.

11. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I think that is why you need a good coach who is not worried about his job security to really invest in his players. I agree, game like today when Lin was playing badly, he can sit. However I think there were too many instances when Lin was pulled for no good reason this season.

Even in this game when he started off well, he was pulled. I thought that exemplified the poor coaching when it comes to coaching a player who is trying to find his rhythm and confidence. Getting rest is one thing, but Lin needs find a stretch when he cn consistently produce more than anything else. He could've kept him to finish out the quarter but sat him . When Lin came back he looked lost again.

I know there are lin fans who are obviously delusional. And honestly Lin should do a much better especially shooting. But whether he is tough minded or not, we have a young player who is lacking confidence who desperately needs a coaching staff that can help restore it. Because as u and I know, a confident links hella fun to watch.

12. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

People forget that Lin is only 24 yrs old. Lowry and Dragic are both 26 yrs old.

Give Lin a couple more years and who knows, he might be better at 26 that those 2 guys.

PGs are usually late bloomers in the league anyway. Plenty of time to grow for Lin and I'm still confident he'll get back to playing great all-around ball.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He gets more than enough playtime to prove himself. Stop blaming others for Jeremy Lin not being ready to play.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kyle Lowry was one thousand times better than Jeremy Lin when he was 24. Not even remotely close.

15. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Every player has shooting slumps at some points of his career. Missing shots is not the end of the world. I kept saying that I don't see fire in Lin's eyes. I don't mind him going 5-15, but he needs to try harder to contribute in every possible way. I want to see him driving and fighting for rebounds, instead of playing scared, and worrying about every single shot.

16. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Member

44 mins 2-14 9 pts oh wait that was chris paul tonight

give lin time.

17. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

In what way?? How about benching him the at the end of the game and in OT against Portland? He did this for defense he said but Lilliard hit 2 jump shots in the first 2 minutes of OT. Why didn't Lin come back in at that point? How about benching him in the 3rd quarter when they were on a comeback against Utah(down 10 after being down 23)?? That kind of crap will mess with your mind especially if your confidence is already down.

18. Mr. Space City

ariza didn't get benched nor should lin.

keep starting him and let him play 30+ minutes. prove he can get better. if he can't he can look for another team.

19. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

So you prefer having a 8.3 mil cap space sitting on the bench doing nothing for 3 years rather than putting him out there to see if there's anything salvageable. Don't want to play him starter's minutes, fine. But he still need to play 20+ minutes so the team can gauge what his future is in store for him.

Look, unless you're absolutely sure that this team is going to make some noise in the playoff, the best thing is to let him sink and swim. If he rebounds, good, you might be able to trade him for something without having to give up a draft pick to get rid of his contract if you think he's not part of the future. If not, then you have a tank commander helping the team marching toward a great draft pick.

20. 34to11

34to11 Member

No such thing in the NBA.