1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. marexx

marexx Member

Please pull your head out of your ass....

2. torocan

torocan Member

First, it's not allowed under the CBA. You can only send 1st and 2nd year players to the D-League.

Second, unless you want TD playing starter minutes, or you think TD has more upside than Lin, then you want Lin playing heavy minutes.

Finally, while it is incumbent upon players to develop their skills, anyone who has been a manager in Real Life will tell you that it is their responsibility to find the best way to maximize the Potential of their employees as long as the employee is putting forth the effort.

I doubt many here question Lin's effort, and if they brought him as a starter they have stated they believe in his potential, that means it's incumbent on the Coaches to extract the maximum performance.

I find it funny that people are happy to argue that a Coach can make a veteran team underperform, but don't follow that same logic to younger players.

In my own limited sports playing experience, I've seen Great coaches, good coaches, and average coaches. I've also seen coaches that smother their players with choices that kill their team's confidence and hamstring individual player development.

I've seen some of those players go to OTHER teams and suddenly become very good players.

Players bear responsibility, but to say that the Coach doesn't have significant responsibility is ignoring the reality. There's a reason that some NBA coaches are reknowned, and others aren't. And it's more the X's and O's.

3. seahawk

seahawk Member

When we win a game, all we do is to bash Lin.
    When we lose a game, all we do is to bash Lin.
    This is CF.

4. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

You serious? You would send a 25 mil investment to a d league?

Plus you want to develop a player with your current starters. U wouldn't send ASik to d league to develop him would you?

Are rockets really a must win now team or a young team trying to DEVELOP into a contender.

5. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Yes. I feel bad for the kid. He can never win.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What's there to get? The GM gets the players that he thinks are going to be the pillers of the team but the coach has to play to win now. If JLin is hurting the team then he needs to be benched. Leaving JLin in the game when opposing PG's are lighting him up like a Christmas tree does not help him it only rocks his confidence.

Would you leave a young pitcher in baseball on the mound when every batter is launching 400 foot homers off of him just becuase he is the future of the franchise? Hell no because it would destroy his confidence and could ruin him as a pitcher.

JLin is young and has talent. I hope the guy turns into the next great point guard in the league but right now you can watch him becoming less and less confident with each passing game. Tonight you saw the other areas of his game suffer as well. If you truley want JLin succede then he needs to go where he can have some real success and get his confedence back.

7. marexx

marexx Member

lin underdog story??he went to harvard wow thug life :rolleyes: +OJ Simpson"s
    story is more intriguing he killed his wife for gods sake

8. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Good argument and I feel okay with your thought.
    However, let me share my mind in this matter,
    What if the coaches have the full confidence on Lin and they keep playing Lin for 30++ minutes even when he shoots 20-25% from the field for every night for the rest of full NBA season.
    Well maybe coaches, teammate or hell even the fans still have their faith on him, but have you think about Lin himself ? How that statistic will hurt his confidence for the future.

I think for a moment now, even Rockets is not on "win-now" mode, still I think its a good decision to bench Lin, whenever he playing bad.

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

We won!!! The Rockets should pay me to come to every game now...lol....

Let's get a win on Friday too!! And I'll return home a happy Canadian :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

just caaaalm downnnn...Lin will be fine...Lin is fine...

11. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Houston may be doing it for reasons other than bad coaching, though I think the coaching IS bad. Maybe for health reasons? They let Harden and Asik stink it up at times, and Parsons too, so no reason why they wouldn't let Lin too?

12. crash5179

Explain why you don't want to send him? I don't see money as being part of that equation.

We send other players all the time. Asik is not going to the d-league because he is already one of the better centers in the leage and probably the best defensive center outside of D12. JLin is quite a long way from being as good of a point guard as Asik is a center.

Yes. As a fan and as a team you want to learn to win and not get used to losing if at all possible.

13. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I disagree completely. You guys keep talking about Lin's huge contract but never about Asik's and Harden's. Did u forget Asik make the same as Lin and Harden makes twice as much as either of them(average per year). So why is it only affecting Lin?? Like he's feeling guilty?? What a laugh.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am pretty sure you can't send 3rd year players to the D-leauge. I am like 90% sure of it. People suggesting that we should send Lin to the D-League need to check the rules of the CBA.

15. Luca

Luca Member

I didn't watch the game, was he really bad? What are his stats please?

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

kids listen to the old wise man:

[​IMG]

17. rockets137

rockets137 Member

And I was not replying to you, brotha.
    If you feel it was for you, then better you read the whole conversation in full.

18. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Sampson's words don't match his actions. He is lying.

19. crash5179

You might be right. If so then it's a pointless discussion.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO!