1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Here are a few quotes from lakers forum for a better perspective:

Lakers played better basketball under Bernie. Funny how the offense has gotten worse since D'antoni went to the bench.

Too many turnovers.

Who let Mike Brown back on the team?

Dwight and Pau both played like pansies. Jordan Hill played harder than them. SAD.

Does anyone realize Pau is shooting .439 in the season? .439 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? For a post-up 7 footer wow. That's horrible. Thrade him NOW please.

It's not that our guys are tired, it's poor FT shooting and being careless with the ball.
    This is looking like MB offense, ugly as hell.
    Need Nash back ASAP. Kobe is "visibly" frustrated being the playmaker.

what a pathetic half of basketball. turnovers, missed free throws, best center in the game with 2 points on two shot attempts.

Just way too many turnovers and way too many missed free throws. What an awful half of basketball

OMG why do you ride Pau's stick so hard?You defend him every game and act like you don't see his soft play on the court.Pau needs to man up and stop play sissy ball.

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Show me where in your quoted post stated that coaches ruined Lin's game?

3. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Sampson should talk about Lin's feelings too. Yea, that'll boost his confidence.

4. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I think Lin's too strong to let coaching mess with his confidence...... I think what's messing with Lin is the pressure to meet the expectations of his contract........ He seems to have the same problem Alex Rodriguez had with the Yankees...... Time will tell whether this eats him alive....... I absolutely love the guy, and I think he'll pull through.

It's hard to predict how players will perform after signing a big contract. I don't think Lin was prepared to handle it, regardless of which team he ended up on.

When with the Knicks, Lin willed the team to wins at times....... I just think he has to do it once with the Rockets, and then he'll break free.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Adjust your sarcasm meter...:grin:

It is what I visualise when I see the Lin fans argue with the Lin haters...

I'm a Rocket fan... I might call out a player every now and then, but I want nothing but the best for EVERYONE on my team. That being said, Lin probably played his worse game as a pro today.

6. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I think a lot of Lin fans are not denying that he is playing badly. And we can all see that his confidence at an all time low.

But I do think there is some credence to the notion that Lin is not being utilized by coaching staff that would be helpful in restoring his confidence. Perhaps Lin deserved to sit in this game, but did he deserve to do so in the OT Portland game? What about the Detroit being when Sampson really cutvdown lins minutes. When you are struggling and lacking confidence, do u really think getting yanked every time you make a mistake ( or even when u r doung well) will help u come out of the slump?

Look Lin was not brought here as a bench player. Morey and les had a specific vision when they decided to pay 25 mil for him. Houston is not gonna go far in playoffs. Don't fool yourself, the rockets are not a must win now team. The coaching staff has to find a balance in keeping a player in vs yanking him - but you can't argue that the way the coaching staff has used Lin has been supportive to his growth as a player.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I didn't make up the 2 for 9 shooting or the fact that the Lakers were refusing to guard him on the perimeter or that he was missing wide open shots. Those are not my facts, they are just facts. Sorry if it offends you but don't blame me, blame JLin.

8. torocan

torocan Member

Honestly, this year should be a development year.

This team is NOT going to be a playoff contender no matter WHAT people wish. Under Ideal winning circumstances, the Rockets are a 1st round out.

When I look at an ideal structure, I look more towards the OKC development model. They filled their first season roster, then played them as much as possible to develop their experience and confidence and added players as they went.

Here's some history for example.

Westbrook, Durant
    2008-2009 23-59

Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Ibaka
    2009-2010 50-32

Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Ibaka, Sefolosha
    2010-2011 55-27

It just seems short-sighted to overfocus on wins vs developing our players. Benching Starters at the cost of experience/confidence is probably not the best route. I actually think it can slow down player development in this case.

For example, Parsons and Harden are averaging 40 mins per game. Asik and Lin closer to 33. And Patterson with 30.

Unless there are legitimate health concerns, I think they should probably be playing Asik and Lin closer to 36 or 37 mins. If Sampson is really doing the "sit when playing poorly" philosophy, I just don't see how that jives with Asik playing 33 mins per game...

Anyway, just some thoughts.

9. dayanm

dayanm Member

The beefs made 10+ more shots than us, more rebounds, less TO. The reason we won is because of their miserable 3pt shooting. Special thanks to Harden for picking up his defense contesting 3pt shots of his man, which he was lacking of in the previous games.

Once again, the game proves there is something wrong with Lin. Effort is not a issue, I blame him choosing the wrong trainer and working too hard with them. Damn, dude needs to work on getting some one that knows how to condition him for NBA games, not some no name trainer friend that only knows about 6 packs and the friendly coach from a high school girls' team.

10. dayanm

dayanm Member

I meant shot attemps..

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If it's a developemental year the why not let him work on his game in the Developemental League?

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

It came 12 posts after that post... I was waiting for it.

13. kozmo

kozmo Member

tkrieger
    i agree with this completely

14. rockets137

rockets137 Member

And definitely you are not helping at all,
    I'm sorry for you if you didn't think his underdog story somehow magnificent and uplifting.
    Unlike me, maybe you think OJ Simpson story is more intriguing than Lin's. But that is your choice and I don't blame you to take some serial murder as you idol. stop messing around

15. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

A book will be written some day about the intertwining lives of Toney Douglas and Jeremy Lin. Weird.

16. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Yes exactly. But it seems to me that Lin gets benched no matter he does well or bad unlike harden who will stay in no matter how many ISO plays he messes up or how many TO's he makes.. And unlike ASik who may miss easy layups or failed to get easy rebounds.

Whether u think he is one or not, Jeremy was brought here as one of the pillars of the Houston franchise - to be one of the "star players" of the rockets. We have invested a lot of money on him.

So shouldn't we treat him as such and not be so reactive in pulling him after a few mistakes? What donu think that would do to a young players confidence or developement?

I just don't get it.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

What are the Rockets the D League now?
    I thought they had a team in Hidalgo for that.

18. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I think Jeremy shouldn't have lost the weight that he did. Remember how poorly he played at GS and then he trained over the summer at Sparta and put on more weight. I think he needs that weight to maintain his balance in the paint.

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Dude u don't send your 25 mil investment to d league. I'm taking about current starters.

20. pnr

pnr Member

Lin does bad when he doesn't have the confidence of his coaches. D'Antoni and Woodson never benched him. Last year under Woodson, Lin shot 1-11 in a Sixers game up until the 4th. Woodson keeps him in all through the 4th and Lin ends up making 10-10 free throws to ice the game. This was with Baron Davis, Mike Bibby, and Toney Douglas the next PGs after him. In Golden State, he would be regularly pulled if he made a mistake. This is mostly mental I believe. Let's hope he can get through it.