1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Overall good win for the Rockets. Defense withstood the team's inability to secure rebounds and protect the ball.

Asik - Not his best game but he showed up at the end. Needs to keep the ball up when attacking the rim. I would love to see him practice and develop the ability to knock down a 10 foot jump shot. By far the team's best rebounder. It is disgusting to see how bad in rebounding we are as a team when he is on the bench.

Parsons - I am becoming more and more encouraged by his play as the season moves along. His release looks very nice, he's getting great rotation on the basketball. He has been doing well on the boards and his competitive spirit shines through in the 4th quarter.

Harden - Today you saw the true James Harden. He didn't try to force too much and showed his offensive versatility. His assist numbers don't do justice to his playmaking ability. He created various open shots for his teammates tonight, but they missed several shots that were make-able. He needs to get better at boxing out, he watched the ball too much and didn't locate his man.

Lin - What can I say? The guy just looks timid and indecisive. I'd like to see him attack the rim with reckless abandon and take advantage of the middle of the court with some mid-range jumpers. Hell, use the backboard, do whatever, but shoot the ball. You don't get out of the slump by playing timid. Defensively Nate Robinson is a tough matchup for Lin because of the speed factor; however, I would have liked to see a little more competitive spirit from Lin as Robinson was essentially openly challenging him and trying to embarrass him. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Patterson - Good shooting game, mixed it up a bit. One thing I'd like to see him do on offense is faceup when he receives the ball in the post. I think he is much more effective when he is facing the basket than when he has his back to the basket. He is quicker than most PFs and his ability jump shot ability should keep most PFs honest, thus giving him the upper hand. As long as he doesn't default to jump shots then I think you could see him continue to grow.

Bench - Douglas made a big shot and some big free throws. His defense was pretty good, but he is not starter material still. Smith was efficient, Morris did not have his best game.

I'm excited about the foundation of this team. I haven't yelled at the TV like I do now since the Yao/McGrady years. Go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Ok, let's see how long we can post about the positive aspects of the game and stop the Ground & Pound on Lin...

Starting....NOW!!!

(I give it 5 posts max)

3. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Its going to be a beat down. I'm not even sure I want to watch. Feel sorry for the kid. Good kid, but after each game, he looks more and more like he doesn't belong in the league.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I guess no matter how much you criticise Sampson, He's still a lot smarter than many Clutchfans wheelchair analysts.

5. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

LOL, that's close to trolling:D

6. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

LOL I didn't have a problem with Lin being benched tonight, but this is absurd and one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen.

If you would have said he should come off the bench until he gets it together, fine, but this?
    [​IMG]

7. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

8. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

You guys are funny... Shall we summarize a few of the absurd things people have said on here. (Disclaimer: A majority of you are sane, but the small minority needs to realize the garbage that is coming out of their mouths)

1. Lin is the future starting PG of this team. You know this may or may not be true, but anyone and I mean anyone with any basketball IQ who has played basketball before and has watched basketball for a long time can tell you that if Lin is our starting PG... we are in trouble. The guy is a back up PG and a starting PG ONLY IN CERTAIN SCHEMES and I guarantee you he got paid what he did because Les saw the revenue stream > cost.

2. TD should be our starting PG. Oh God. Oh God Please no. We actually do not have a starting caliber PG on the team. It is ironic how it went from one of our strongest positions to the weakest. The guy made one shot that was clutch but missed three others. Most of his points were from the FT line which is great, but if the goal is to win a championship...neither should be our starting PG.

3. AND MOST IMPORTANT. Lin's confidence is going to be worse if we bench him. He is a professional athlete. He is paid to play like a starting PG. If you guys are worried about hurting a guy's feelings like that is what drives his game... please pick up a basketball and play the game you love. These players play this game to win and to get paid which are dependent on each other. You don't play worse because your feelings are hurt. As a professional athlete, performing to the best of your abilities every single night should be something that drives you internally....and NOT based on how your feelings were hurt.

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Really? A guy who's 24 averaged 10/5/6 doesnt look like he belong in the league?

What kind of parallel universe you live in?

10. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Tonight was the game he suppose to get his shot and confidence back but got worse

11. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

You are a troll!

12. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

Lin was already statistically the best player in the D-League, I don't think more time there would help him...

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That was obviously trolling.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lin only fans are so damn delusional.

15. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I am not writing him off. Nobody gave him a chance, and he fought through. I don't see why it should be different this time, especially he's secured with his contracts. All he needs to worry is his shots right now.

16. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Well that is exactly my point. Sampson has this win now mentality when really he needs to develop his young investments especially Lin,Asik and harden. I don't know if its my biased observation but I really don't think Lin gets respected as a starter by Sampson. He seems to get punished quite easily by Sampson for mistakes almost like a rookie.

Just like a rookie qb needs to learn thru 2-3 int games, I feel like Sampson needs to let Lin learn to play thru theses situations. Sampson obviously cars more about win than Lin.

I hope for Jeremy's sake that he does better in the next game. By the way he is not allowed to play thru bad games by the rocket coaching staff, unless he finds his confidence back, he is doomed for a nightmare of a season.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Sampson is a racist Afro-American just like Carmelo Anthony.

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Did this ever happen before? One player gets crucified after a team win?

Some contributing members may be able to help out on this?

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I remember that game, the same one where he went 2 for 9 from the field while the Lakeres were refusing to guard him. I'm sorry but 10 assists do not mean you had a good game when you are missing wide open shots so bad that the other team is not even guarding you. Those are the facts and they are indisputable.

20. 34to11

34to11 Member

So you're say it's Lin above the Rockets?
    Even though in the same statement you imply that Lin is a mentally weak player?