1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Gil

Gil Member

I think Kemba was almost as bad as Lin is right now, last season and he's beasting now.

Clutching at straws I know but I don't think it can get worse than this.

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Rockets need to draft a pg...Also, whatever happened to that Spaniard we drafted. He can't be any worse then what we have now.:eek:

3. crash5179

crash5179 Member

It was a wide open three that hit nothing but net and yet it was a horrible shot? Are you kidding me?

4. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Parsons is playing really good basketball recently like a young Scottie Pippen, defense,ball handling, rebounding,scoring, you name it, everything except selling popcorn;)

5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Oh I know all about Patterson timidness but just giving him props on the game....sucks I couldnt make it tonite....will be there Friday for sure!!!

6. 34to11

34to11 Member

Bullsnot. He did the exact same thing for the exact same reason. He went with who he thought gave the team the best chance to win.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes not.

7. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

we were playing pretty well til the end of 1Q...

when the coach benched the starters...since then we were losing...

at the end of 3Q we got a 5 points lead, with Lin on the court...

so the coach bench Lin and Chandler...and we lost the lead...

and on the last 5 minutes...the coach puts Lin again...when we were losing...

we could have won much more easier...

i cant handle Sampson anymore

sorry

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

When Lin got back around the 5-6 min mark...Lin just seemed totally out of it...and completely lacked confidence...ie on the fastbreak...completely blew a dunk...foul or no foul...go up strong...part of his struggles seems like a lack of confidence in his game...to much thinking and little playing and having fun...Hope he can get out of his slump...or he will lose his job to Douglas...

9. duteman

duteman Member

Lin getting benched should make him better if hes motivated the right way. My question is how did lin have 0 ft attempts? Is he not getting calls? Didnt get to watch the game but glad we pulled out a win

10. Gil

Gil Member

Wrong.

He got it right today but he didn't deserve to be benched against Portland.

11. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Hope the best for Lin, he will get one day to rest his body after a bad game tonite.
    Man, I bet every Knicks will play all out, especially that "Ball-HOG" Anthony. Well he and Felton want to prove SOMETHING to New Yorkers

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

If that's the case, Lin needs to grow some more hair on his nuts.

13. kozmo

kozmo Member

He should have been on the line 3 o4 times but didnt get the call

14. makman

makman Member

Seeing Melo and Felton for the first time will bring passion and a shot .......or not.

15. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

So you want Lin to play 48 minutes?

16. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

i hope so

17. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Don't wanna see butt rape on Lin. Gonna ruin my holiday spirit :(

18. torocan

torocan Member

Lin had a poor 2nd quarter tonight. 1st quarter was okay, 3rd quarter wasn't good but wasn't awful either.

TD had his best 4th quarter all year (and most of last year). Thinking he can operate as a starting PG is really silly given his track record this year and last year.

Nate Robinson is super streaky. When he gets hot, he gets really hot. Many times he's a liability, which is why he's gone through so many teams in 8 seasons and is STILL a backup. Yes, he's fast, but his

As for Sampson's substitutions, I think most of them over the last 5 games have been very suspect. His sitting of Asik in previous games was awful. And it's very unusual to sit a starter like Lin for an entire OT or nearly the entire 4th quarter of a contested game. It can squeeze you a win here and there, but it's a horrible choice for developing your players' trust.

As for the box scores, the TO number of 23 seems really suspect. I counted at least 5 dodgy calls off the top of my head related to heavy contact ruled no foul. The Harden and Lin calls are the ones that stick out the most, but it seemed like they were hammering Asik on alot of calls too.

Still, a W is a W. The Knicks game should be interesting...

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Dude eff off. Embarrassing to all Asians? You are an embarrassment . There I said it !

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Caaaaalm doooown.... Lin will be fine ..Lin is fine....1 or 2 not so good games wont stop his star shining...