1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2012.

1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Dude what are your expectations ? Harden is a superior PnR player to Lin, harden gets to the Rim with ease...Lin did it twice in the first half got the pass pump faked, got D off balance again after the D had already collapsed in...Lin settled for a shorter jumper, then on a similar play he got to the rim for a lay up was fouled, but no call....

Stop talking about Lin people being a better player in x, y, z..etc.,etc, stop and do not talk about last year LIN or harden -they are rockets now...
    Harden is better...and until this offense gets gelled we will be up m down...and if u haven't noticed...harden after the first two games has been getting his teammates involved more, and trying new things, passing off confidence so he doesn't have to score 45 and 12 asst every night...
    BTW Lin had two consecutive double digit asst games 11,10 respectively after tonight, Lin is growing, but CHILL OUT people!!! LOF I speak of stop bashing other players bc "Lin isn't being used how he was in NY, and claiming he's better than Harden...among other quotes"-signed the LoF who seem to not understand that this is a team sport

Morris had an ok game no one talking bout that...he missed shots when game was out of reach, but made um early on a couple good shots...

Also TJones BiG DUNK welcome to the NBA poster boy

Chandler parsons again with a great game...showing he is def. a player...def not missing Bud with Parsons continuing to excel every game...

MVP in order this season -Harden, Asik, Morris, Parsons
    Honorable mention to Royce White for ruining his career maybe worse than Latrell Spreewell...;)
    Real honorable mention-Daryl Morey, Sampson (for the whole Mchale family issues), and Finch for slowly implementing the offense slowly, BC WE ARE THE YOUNGEST TEAM IN THE L

2. rokit

rokit Member

i agree. it's just weird to me that people doesn't seem to notice how important a good offensive system really is.

at least lin is running the offense a bit more,camping in a corner was not a way to go.

3. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

What's wrong with his control? His assist to turnover ratio looks good to me.

What's wrong with is defense? He is top 50 in the league.

Agree with shooting.

4. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I was able to watch the game on TV since I have Time Warner and during the post game interview with Kobe, he said the important aspect of them winning was the screens and spacing.

I wasn't upset we lost to a good team. It was basically the veterans against the rookies. I knew there was no stopping Dwight and Kobe. Add in MWP & Gasol.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

And you'd be wrong all day. These point guards are a figment of your imagination. 14 and 7? yup you want Lin to do what all of 4 point guards were able to do last year. Now you want your point guard to be able to do all that and be a consistent 3 point threat? Yea I got news for you to, Centers could be important parts of the game too. They need to put up 20-10.....have post moves, rebound , block shots and patrol the paint, and they should also be a threat to shoot the 18 foot jumper so defenders can't just collapse in the lane.

1 person likes this.
  6. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Actually he only played 31 min. It likely went down.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Greg smith is TRASH Aldrich is a non factor we need a back up big man

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Incorrect. Right now our best player is definitively Asik & only Omer. Nobody else. Parsons, Harden Lin are not all three have shown flashes but haven't really done it consistently enough. I think by the end of the season all 4 will prove to be the core of this team.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

OMG,youngest team in the league got out played by arguably the best team in the NBA.After reading this thread you'd think that we just lost game 7 of the finals..Lakers were red hot tonight and had 3 possibly 4 future hall of famers ..Forget tonight,there will be better day's ahead ..hey at least those spoiled ass laker fans didn't get free taco's.

10. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Actually he only played 31 min. It likely went down.

The team took a total of 90 shots, the pace was likely faster. Lin only took 9 shots, had 1 rebound, and 1 foul shot.

11. Arthurprescott2

wait. who is the 4th? MWP?

12. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Kobe?? Screens?? No!!!

Kobe would be awful on the Rockets, just because the starters don't set any decent screens. (Maybe we need a guard that would complain about this. If Lin has a real flaw, he's too nice.)

13. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

What are you considering as average?

Control? You mean TOs right? He's #37. Look at who's all above him on TOs.

Defense? You mean DRR right? He's #11. Look at who's below him.

Shooting? You mean TS% right? So he's only taking about 8 shots a game in a shooting slump. Guess who he's tied with? Tony Parker.

I think you are using too much of the eye-test.

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Irrelevant...It's not me that comparing Melo to Lin...read the original post!

15. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I am so proud of this team! So much talent, so little experience. We will be better and better and better!!

16. GTRockets

GTRockets Member

I am a new clutchfan member and I am so utterly disappointed in the new fans that have joined the site. I'm sorry that some of these new members are really dumb. It's embarrassing. Can some veteran here tell them to shut the hell up.

17. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Someone relay to the coaching that the lack of screens is killing this team offensively. And we need more T Jones with Asik, to shore up the glass.

18. just a word

just a word Member

Right there with you! I mean I love this article for pointing out JUST HOW little experience these guys have:
    http://www.thedreamshake.com/2012/11/18/3660294/just-how-inexperienced-are-the-rockets

Particularly amusing/amazing to me:
    "Kobe Bryant has played 42,704 NBA regular season minutes, 7615 minutes more than the entire Rockets team." (of 15 people)

And this:
    "the Rockets have less than 2 seasons overall experience across 15 players in terms of NBA minutes played."

I saw this team grow some with offense, but take two steps back on defense. Ah well, this just means more film that they can learn from. :grin:

19. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Why should someone relay this to the coaching staff? If they can't see it for themselves, then they shouldn't call themselves coaches. :mad:

20. pnr

pnr Member

I couldn't watch the game; were most of Lin's shots midrange jumpers or layup attempts that missed?