1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Boys, now come to think of it...I think we got trolled.

:(

2. jose

jose Member

Almost every single one of you that vehemently defend Lin are post Jul 2012ers(his signing).

Admit you're a Lin fan and not a Rockets fan.

3. Lihao

Lihao Member

[​IMG]

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I must be a LOF too ;)

5. jose

jose Member

Also torocan you have to remember when I posted that I meant in conjunction with other stats, that means if you have 20 PPG with an awful 39% FG and many of your attempts are around the rim, then you're not a good player or scorer for that matter. You also look at the pace their team plays at.

But like I said anyone can look good or bad based on stats, the problem is that Lin looks bad at both thus far.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, the stats I presented DO factor in pace and minutes. They are RAW data on actual plays, which is immune to things such as pace and minutes.

That's the thing, there's LOTS of advanced statistics but they are only useful when Understood AND interpreted CORRECTLY.

And the teams played averages out over the competition. And this season, we've played multiple playoff teams, a bubble team 2x, and a bad team 2x.

So, unless you're arguing that Phoenix had a tougher schedule THIS year, this year's stats are still meaningful.

And Last year, the Knicks schedule was above average in difficulty playing multiple playoff teams.

Finally, even if you choose to discount the games this year due to sample size, at best you can argue that it's inconclusive. Funny thing about sample sizes... they cut both ways.

Once again, nice try.

1 person likes this.
  7. jose

jose Member

I highly doubt there's any accurate way to quantify pace and minutes on individual plays, especially when pace is an average and could be different for any given game. Also a reason why the best rebounder is not necessarily the one with the highest RPG.

But yeah keep on vehemently defending this fraud.

8. torocan

torocan Member

Really? THAT'S the best argument you got left? :eek:

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

LOL... There's no point trying to reason with Jose. Guy is a flying target, keeps changing the rules of his game. He probably used his own argument against himself at some point too, but who's keeping track?

The joke's on him, not Lin.

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Unfortunately, your eloquence is just that: Eloquent OPINION. And by going that "awful english" route, you are just making it obvious your opinion does not hold water.

Lin over Lowry/Dragic? It did not even went that way. Check the facts.

For the Rockets sake, I hope to bump this thread by April. With Dei and Jose doing some donkey-ass kissing. That should be hilarious :grin:

11. jose

jose Member

There's no joke on me, I said it was a mistake letting go both Dragic and Lowry and signing the overhyped, fraudulent Lin. I'm right so far and I guarantee I will be right the rest of the way. I hope I'm wrong for the Rockets sake but it's not looking that way.

By the way another reason why stats don't show the whole picture, why dont you look at Lin's supporting cast and then Dragic's?

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

:confused:what happened to the rep system? :confused:

13. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

No, don't surrender jose, that's unsportsmanlike conduct. You need to fight to the end so that everyone here knows who you are, in terms of being a bb fan. let's go.

14. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

fixed

15. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Jose must be Kelvin Sampson in disguise.

16. jose

jose Member

You will find many things to blame for other than Lin himself in the future too don't worry. Not that I think Sampson is doing a great job either. I wouldn't have benched Lin in that game specifically, but I also wouldn't have Harden and Lin on the floor at te same time anymore.

So that means play Lin off the bench.

17. Alex L.

My 12 year old neighbor has pretty good English but knows zip about basketball. What's your point?

18. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

That's exactly what Sampson wants! Start TD eventually!:grin:

Admit it! Coach!

19. Alex L.

lol... and Torocan may be DMorey in disguise. So knowledgeable and lots of statistics.

20. Alex L.

lol... BUSTED!!