1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Pretty sure Lin gets WORLD dollars... Just saying

Too bad nobody gives a fuq about Lowry and Dragic... Too bad.
    :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

2. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Selling Jerseys wherever there's asian and white people.

Just saying.
    :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

3. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Actually only 5 games. Lin played 3 great games.

4. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

It's only 2 stars because so many people are only here because they are Lin fans. Any time people aren't kissing his ass, the thread will get rated a 1 by them.

5. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

That's down to your bias. I think if you were reasonable or fair you'd see that Lin was being instructed to pass the ball to Harden and go stand in the corner. You'd be able to see that asking him to play as a catch and shoot 3 point SG is going to make him look like not a very good player since that's the complete opposite of Lin's game.

Jeremy has been allowed to play as the Rocket's PG for 3 games only this season. And even in those three games he has shared ball handling with Harden substantially when on court. Yet in all three games he has run the offense really well and showed that he is a fantastic play maker.

But you're only seeing what you want to see and you're ignoring the context. Kind of like this 'eye test' that has some people convinced that TD is a better defender than Lin, despite every single stat proving the opposite.

6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You would cut your losses after one year?
    Did you forget that it took Lowry 5 years before he could shoot more than 30% beyond the arc? I think Lin can already get to the basket better than Lowry and under more control and he seems to be a smarter player in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I understand that lowry and Dragic are both better players at this point but I think Lin has a very strong upside. Lin hasn't even played a full season of games yet, give the guy a chance.

7. torocan

torocan Member

I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong.

Players leave because of coaches ALL the time. The ONLY time a Coach is fired OVER a player (remember, Coaches have Contracts) is IF the player is a Bona Fide STAR.

Sure, if you're Dwight, or LeBron, or Kobe you can demand a coaching change. If you're Kyle Lowry, you're NOT going to get it.

Second, the Rockets extended an invitation to a meeting AFTER talks over Dragic's contract broke down. The Rockets gave him plenty of time negotiating, they couldn't reach a compromise, THEN they asked Lin to meet with them.

Dragic's negotiations were long past salvageable by the time Lin flew into Houston for dinner.

Lowry wanted out, so they traded him.
    Dragic wanted TOO much, so he walked.

When they put the offer in to Lin, they did NOT even think they would get him. And the ONLY reason they Upped the original offer on Lin, is ALL the other decent PG's were SIGNED in the intervening timeframe between the Lunch in Houston and the first day of official Free Agency (when they can sign the contract).

How on Earth you can claim to be a Rockets fan and be Factually wrong about EVERY detail of the sequence of events that led to the Loss of the TWO players you claim to love, and the retention of the player that you're claiming is "ruining" everything is amazing.

Seriously, your memory of "facts" is horrifically distorted in ways I'm sure that you aren't even vaguely aware.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's 2 stars because the OP is talking out of his ass without any concrete facts or well-thought out insight.

"lin doesn't look good when we lose he doesn't look like a superstar like tmac did and he doesn't look as good as lowry is right now" (even though lowry hasn't even played in 10 days)

he's just as bad as the LOF's with his blind hate.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Oh the rockets were crazy enough to pay him that's saying a lot lol more about what they make off a Asian versus what he does on the court... That's pretty clear. Lowry and Dragic or better... Shoot Aaron Brooks is better.

10. Lihao

Lihao Member

great article in your sig bro , lol@ those people who keep saying i know what i see but they can't provide any proof/stats to back them up

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You gotta give the guy a chance to be a backup point guard for awhile here ... That's the chance he needs

12. Dei

Dei Member

Bull, bull, bull****, bull****, bull****. Players who aren't stars just want to play.

Do you always talk a lot of crap?

13. Dei

Dei Member

Read the thread.

14. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

And the silly thing ... so many of the pre-Jul2012 posters still think like that joke of a poster that thinks Lowry/Dragic are gone because of Lin, and Les's big money plans for Asia.

15. Lihao

Lihao Member

lol wtf is this suppose to mean

16. torocan

torocan Member

Then how do you explain Lowry leaving? Did he "just want to play"?

Or are you claiming the news coverage over his dissatisfaction last season didn't exist?

Selective memory is a bad thing...

17. Dei

Dei Member

As it says. Learn English.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah i've read about 10 pages, which included a dozen of your posts, and i've yet to see anything other than emotional hate wrapped around superficial bball analysis.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your sig says to start Terrence.
    Quality players need to start and play. The main thing Lin is missing right now is confidence, you saw tat last night, when his confidence improved that he can be effective. I think a lot of it is a whole new system, players and a coaching staff that needs to learn how to use him.

20. Lihao

Lihao Member

ok whatever lol