1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. jose

jose Member

cause im gonna want the rockets to win before I root for any individual players, and dragic/lowry would have made this TEAM better than Lin. so we evaluate moves that would have put them in the best possible spot. Asik great move, Harden I would say great move so far, Lin was a mistake so far.

there's no doubt in my mind that if Lin were black, one of Dragic or Lowry(both are good with different styles) would still be on this team, and Lin would not have a contract anywhere near there. Lin can whine about the asian factor but it helped him just as much as it hurt him in the past.

Lin just gets more china dollars I guess, I'm curious to see figures.

Rockets need to cut their losses if it never gets better and seek a new PG, there's a solid core of Harden Asik+role players right now.

2. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

If Lin were black, he would've gotten a major D-1 scholarship, been picked in the first round, gotten a GREAT reputation as a defender, and fast forward to today if he were a Rocket, been allowed to play overtime and quite possibly picked up a triple double.

4. jose

jose Member

Why did you ignore the part where I said as much as it worked against him, it worked for him?

Lester Hudson is one of the only player in NCAA history to record a quadruple double, and had some point explosion games last season. He's not even in the league anymore.

5. kastuul

kastuul Member

If Lin's D is not good, they can use harden or Parsons to guard the opponent PG.

Last game, Sampson said Lin's D is good. How can he bench Lin for D reason in this game?

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

ironic where's Harden's Clutch? ---- we are going to become the CHOKE team of the NBA. CHOKEfans .

7. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

Lowry left cause he has problem with HC.

Rox made their offer to Lin after Dragic left, and at that time almost everyone thought Knicks would match, even Rox told Lin they had like 10-15% chance. So I don't think Rox gave up Dragic for Lin, because obviously Rox was not even sure whether they could get Lin or not. It's subject to Knicks.

the reason they approached Lin lies in the fact that Lin was one of the few FAs left on the market at that time.

Yes, i agree, both Lowry and Dragic are better. sorry for the loss, but it has nothing to do with Lin

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

with their style they don't need a PG just a 3 pointer shooter . Why don't they put Delfino on PG position? :/

9. jose

jose Member

Please, Lowry would have stayed if he got paid and talked it over like grown men with McHale. No one in the NBA leaves a team over a coach, in fact if the coach is being ridiculous the coach will get fired.

If I'm Dragic and Lin gets an offer before me, RFA or not, I'd take that as a big piece of disrespect.

The Rockets had two great PGs and needed to decide between one, instead they botch it with both and get one thats worse than the ones they already had? unbelievable.

Even if Lin is getting misplayed he is playing terrible, I hope he does better but I'd cut losses after this season if this keeps up.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Fair post in that respect, but to say that Lin would have nowhere near his contract (which is just an average NBA PG contract) solely because of his ethnicity is something with which I completely disagree. He would not be as much of a novelty, but he be rated higher as a player, would be seen as a very complete player (except for his FG% this season), and there would not be such whining about his salary.

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

I just can't believe people are still going after Jlin after a solid performance of moving the offense.

Obviously the coaches don't have a bloody clue in capitalizing the strength of our players during clutch. Maybe it's all Harden's fault, he doesn't have clutch blood, not in his genes, and it's not the coach's fault.

12. jose

jose Member

By the way if Lin were the only option the Rox had, I wouldn't care whatsoever and could understand the rationale behind the move, but they had Dragic AND Lowry on the table and flipped it.

I don't get it. Seems purely a marketing reason(selling jerseys in China or some ****).

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

didn't one of Former rockets in Raptors PG do that?

14. jose

jose Member

One game. I'm not a person to make an assessment from one game, my opinion has been formulated from last season and this season put together.

15. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

I'm confused here. I always thought the sequence was: first, Dragic didn't get the option and left; then, Rox approached Lin.

16. dream1222

dream1222 Member

wow, if this thread title is "James Harden is a joke!!!!", it would be locked long time ago, the admin must be some kind of lin hater, sorry for stating the obvious

17. jose

jose Member

No it wouldn't... people can speak their opinion. Stop playing victim.

18. Dei

Dei Member

You don't like things are around here? Get out.

19. Dei

Dei Member

The way he was playing the last few games didn't even look like he was competent, that's the problem. It's not that he's not productive, simply. T-Mac took a few games to adjust but he looked like a superstar.

Good players still look good even though the team may be losing. Dragic and Lowry sure are looking good. It's because it's skill. Skill can be reproduced at will. Lin didn't even look like an NBA player. That's why you could think that Linsanity was a fluke.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this 2 star thread should have been locked by admins long ago.