1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Hmm. Calling Bullard and Clutch liars.

Yeah, this is not going to end well.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

What a clown .. Wouldn't surprise me if he's already decided the NBA isn't for him,just trying to use the Rockets for a money grab.

3. torocan

torocan Member

Think about the situation logically.

1) The Rockets stuck their neck out drafting a player with known mental issues.
    2) It was heavily covered in the National Mainstream media.
    3) They have signed White to a multiple year, multi-million dollar contract.
    4) They have made multiple public statements that they would try to work with White, to the point they had to get approval from the NBA for the accomodations they were requesting.
    5) How much does it cost to retain a qualified therapist on Staff compared to the salary outlay?

What would the Rockets have to gain by NOT working with White and accomodating him in the BEST way possible under their working agreement?

What is the DOWNSIDE of NOT living up to their end of the agreement?

What are the implications in terms of negative PR, public goodwill and potentially financial loss if White is not recieving the necessary support to develop as a Basketball player?

If you can profer a reasonable explanation for Why the Rockets would do that, please post it.

I can't think of one.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

You do know that throughout the offseason, when White was making trips doing interviews everywhere, twittering to everyone, that the Rockets never said a single word, right? The Rockets keep just about everything in-house. Heck, Ron Artest apparently showed up on the team bus for a playoff game with no shirt, and there was literally no report on it.

The Rockets would want nothing more than absolutely no media on the issue. Just as there have been really no news on any locker room issues during Morey's tenure.

5. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

yes... If royce's mental problem is really that bad, he's gonna need better trained medical professional specializing in mental illness... The usual physician may not be adequate.. otherwise, he might as well stay at home or work pumping gas or whatever...

6. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I wouldn;t be surprised if his claim is true. The rockets told Jeremy some bs story about being the leader and catering to his play, and end up trying to turn him into a spot up shooter

7. Laffy Daffy

Laffy Daffy Member

Wow this is getting even more ridiculous. I don't see how the Rockets and Royce can re conciliate at this point. Has there ever been a similar situation in the NBA before?

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

And he cant read either, Clutch clearly stated "per @bull50".

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why would the Rockets want to negate his small guaranteed contract? They ain't gonna get their draft pick back no matter what.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Royce White is a headcase irregardless of his disorder. Everything in his track record has shown that up until now. He had one year under one coach who was prepared to handle him after having NBA experience but that didn't take away of the need to handle him. Even that season wasn't without issues and concessions.

Royce White has talent no question but so did Terrence Williams. Very few players can make it on talent alone. Royce is not one of them.

Chalk this up as another bad move for Morey. High risk high reward. The problem is we have lost almost all of those so far. Would never go to Vegas with Morey!

11. Defy9

Defy9 Member

Whatever Royce, you may have problems and you made them public but don't go blaming everyone else because they can't accommodate to your every need. You have been selected to play in the best league in the world for a great franchise and you can't even rock up to practice? You can't even text your team mates back when they're concerned about you?

Instead you sit on twitter and talk and feel sorry for yourself, even have a shot at people because you believe they aren't truly ready to support you.

I've seen high school girls do the same ****.

12. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

[​IMG]

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

"Defaming" sounds legal termish. Now things are really gonna get nasty. Jesus. Wish I knew exactly where he thinks the org has failed him. I do think the org has a duty to bend over backwards given that we knew about his condition when we drafted him. But I also think he's being selfish and immature by going public. How do you tell a crazy person he's acting crazy? This is what we signed up for. We have to exhaust ever avenue before we quit.

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Yikes, this is getting ugly very quick. Don't even know what to believe now.

Someone acknowledge my attempt at a funny photoshop, it took 10 minutes of my life :(

6 people like this.
  15. Arthurprescott2

AND IGNORE!

16. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, that's not a fair comparison.

Harden wasn't even on the radar when they signed Lin, so making Lin the centerpiece in terms of ball handling is most likely the original intention.

As for what's going to happen going forward, we'll just have to wait and see.

17. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

#Howdoyouknowthis?

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I cant believe he's taking things to this level.

Acting like a douche.

19. Arthurprescott2

Did he just threaten a defamation suit? LOL this is ridiculous.

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

#MarcusMorrisSaidSo