1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get to Work, Jerome Solomon: White, Motiejunas, Machado joins Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 12, 2012.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Makes sense though I fail to see why they didn't do this sooner, they all knew White was behind schedule and didn't look very good when he played. They knew Machado wasn't going to see the court with TD, Lin & Harden playing PG. D-Mo is behind 3 guys for the PF position (4 if you include Parsons when we go small) so why now?

2. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Pretty sure the D-League season hasn't started yet.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

bye bye white

forever

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Great move. Moving to the RGV is not as bad as with other teams - the Rockets actually put a lot of resources into RGV and from trinkets we've heard over the last couple of seasons there is genuinely a structure in place where the coaching style and playing style are adjusted to creating a smooth transition into the Rockets squad. It's not like they will just be getting minutes - I think they will be getting minutes + more focused coaching + more experience with our playbook.

All 3 of these guys can benefit from that, and with a young team rotation spots will constantly open and close. They will get their shot as long as they impress in the D-League. Hopefully,

White drops a few lbs and becomes more familiar with playbook
    D-Mo hits the weights hard and gets some repetition on his post moves
    Machado needs to learn some D and take a whole lot of shots

Can't see the downside, and I think all 3 will have a shot at getting into the Rockets rotation later.

1 person likes this.
  5. mirus

mirus Member

if i'm not mistaken this is the earliest time they can sent guys down d league,and the 1st game should be started round 23rd (??)

6. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

It's about damn time smh , Its a great move for the development of white and Dmo, White makes Dmo better when they play together and White will be able to play Point Forward in the D League. It also will be good for Machados confidence. I expect them to blow out D League teams I will be watching the vipers games from now on lol

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Splash!!...........;)

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

maybe related, maybe not

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It's getting real bad when being honest brings you BAD results. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Regress">#Regress</a> But..."Luke 12:3" some ppl still have fight left. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23AnxietyTroopers">#AnxietyTroopers</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268342948670881793" data-datetime="2012-11-13T13:21:59+00:00">November 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It's a shame to see Motiejunas go. He'd probably be better off developing in Europe.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

that youtube video is hilarious, though... :) Maybe that's what Donatas needs, a mean, anti-McHale type coach. It seemed to work well in Poland.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wait... does this mean that White and D-Mo will no longer be on the Rockets roster on 2K13???

12. rocketsmetalspd

There are plenty of RV parks down here in the RGV because of the Winter Texans that come down here for the Fall/Winter Season. Royce will enjoy it down here, he can go to South Padre Island and chill.

13. w00t

w00t Member

And he's making less money by coming to Houston instead of waiting out his rookie wage scale in Europe. Probably Karnisovas was offering him a "spot" in Rockets... :) Rockets was betting all in for Howard, so when that move failed, it screwed Donatas...

14. rocketsmetalspd

DMO needs to start eating the food down here. Believe me he will gain weight, if prescribes to the diet down here plenty of fajitas, flour tortillas, barbacoa, mollejas, brisket, pico de gallo, and guacamole. I am hungry now:grin:.

15. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

16. rocketsmetalspd

Only Preseason games are this Friday(16th) and Saturday(17th) at IAD Center, Carrollton, TX.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

None of them are getting any run right now and are wasting away on the bench.

It makes no sense to continue to pay them to not play basketball.

I wish more teams would take advantage of the D-league system, the fan interest would grow higher due to the rookie talent playing, and the young guys get to hone their skills against better than NCAA competition.

Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, Marcus Morris, Patrick Patterson, etc. All spent time as Vipers and were better for it.

18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Donuts could always get called back up, but I'm not sure Rockets fans would be enthused about that because it will have meant there's been an injury to a rotation frontcourt player.

As far as Royce White goes, lock him in the gym with a basketball and his medication and come back two years later.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You either accept your role, work hard and come back to the NBA bench a better player later in the season, or you sulk about it and act like the D-league is beneath you when you've shown absolutely nothing yet on an NBA court.

This is an opportunity to prove your worth to the team and the easiest way to show the coaching staff and management that you were worth the investment they made in you.

20. w00t

w00t Member

So it's from wolves to puppies for D-mo :) Couldn't enter the woods to play with the wolves...