1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Management has to be held accountable for this though. They handpicked Lin over two pg's who were better. Rockets fans will NEVER let that go

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

McHale definitely had some really bad rotations tonight... but I'm actually glad he didn't call a timeout on that last possession of regulation.

I'm 100% for letting these young players learn on the fly. If Harden wants to be a superstar, he needs to learn how to run the last play of regulation. He failed miserably tonight, but it's a good learning experience.

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Adrich should be starter instead of Asik.

4. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Thoughts on the heartbreaking home loss:

• For a team that sucks at 3s they sure like to shoot many of them.
    • Lin needs to stay on his man! the help defense is too much of a gamble.
    • Bench played very well, they should've played longer. McFail strikes again :mad:
    • This is why I said 42+ minutes for the starters last night was too much, they were done by the end of the 3rd. Them being young doesn't make them invincible. Again McFail's fault :mad:

5. demarco1

demarco1 Member

or maybe 3 losing streak like lakers right, all have % , you would never know until you try, but accept the result after you take

6. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

He played like a scrub for most of the game except for OT when he hit those shots cause of Lin's gambling. All his assists was from a hot aldrige who ISO'ed...and he couldn't do crap when Lin/Douglas was locking down on him. If a little good defense stops such a "top 10 PG" , it's sad what the world is coming to.

7. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I will give the our players the benefit of doubt. They are all just gassed. Next game, we will win. Don't forget how long they have been together. I blame all the easy lay up. If we got the easy lay up. The starters would be able to rest more. I am not going to blame any players over one game. We are bound to lose game. This is just the first one. Go Rockets.

8. nbafever

nbafever Member

oh also, PPat had a fairly good defensive game vs. Aldridge

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Back to back is no excuse we should have won but we didn't so next game...

10. trowa

trowa Member

mchale always need to point the finger at lin and tell him to stop worry about help defense which led to his man wide open

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

well to be fair, Lowry was used to get Harden, in a roundabout way.

12. anchel

anchel Member

Keep on with the playground offense.

Seriously, ridiculous. Im ashamed watching this kind of offense.

Ok, let's give the coaching staff some more time... I would swear I read in preseason something about some plays practiced.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Game tied with 19 second on the clock and Asik gets the board he decides not to call a timeout. He waits till 2:57 left in overtime and were down by 6 with the blazers running riot to call a timeout.this guy is a fool. no wonder wolves fans call him mcfail.

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

You were pretty quiet the past 4 days. Now we lost one at the end of a back to back, you couldn't wait to take jabs at Lin. And you're not biased against Lin huh? :rolleyes:

I do agree he was too passive down the stretch though - defense, today, it was below average, but usually his defense is average to good.

1 person likes this.
  15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Harden was clearly gassed. Lin shoulda been more assertive during that point in the game, played to passive and relied on Harden too much to make the plays.

Its a young team and a learning process for em all through out the season. I'm sure they will figure it out.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well....it was a good effort...but we missed way too many layups. Asik is totally inept offensively, and Harden missed a good amount as well.

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Lin deferred to harden too much in the end. Should have tried to make a play himself, especially after the and 1.

18. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Honestly, we were just gassed. Not enough push off those legs. Douglas played great D but Trailblazers as a whole played better D especially on Harden. I though Harden shouldn't have let the clock dwindle down so much at the end of regulation. Tough loss but oh well. Now we have 3 days off and that'll be huge for everyone. So everyone, chill the ***** out!

19. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

He got 22 on like 24 shots. He played pretty bad, but he was gassed so it wasn't so much his fault as McHale's. McHale took TD out as soon as they got the crowd pumped up, put Harden in at 7:30....I understand where he's coming from, wanted to take advantage of the Rockets 1 point lead by inserting offense, but he was in a lose-lose situation there. Might've been better to keep TD in the game.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

by the 5 or the 4 min mark, i didn't like how we ran the offense

iso, iso, iso, iso, PnR, PnR, PnR, alley-oops? :confused:

it was like we were trying to run out the clock. i had flash back when rick adelman was here and we tried to run down the clock on a 5pts lead with roughly around 4-5 mins left in the game.

blazers were waiting for us to make errors and jump on it. did not like how we shoot so much 3s either. :(