1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets.com] McHale explains why Jones didn't play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

McHale is a bad coach with a bad track record.
    Having been a star in the NBA, he knows how to cater to the egos of his star players.

He is going to make a lot of dumb decisions, but Harden and the rest of his good players will make him look good even though including them in the lineup was a no-brainer

2. jtr

jtr Member

Here we go again. Know nothing posters. Opinion. Opinion. Trash the Rockets organization. Opinion. This type of post is repeated over and over. Well NOBODY cares about your opinions. And you can put trashing the Rockets FO and coaching staff on infinite loop and still nobody will care. It is sorta like the Rome show. But it is bring facts or shut the **** up.

1 person likes this.
  3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

In my opinion I think he is looking to trade Marcus Morris sooner than later plan him raise his value, then get rid of him. The problem is with no team chemistry its harder to make him look good. I liked his effort, but he needs to play with more confidence. Kwahi Leonard would fit in with this team but I'd rather have Parsons. KL better than Morris as a player in every other aspect than why Morris was drafted in the first place, to be a scorer.

4. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Actually, I care more for his/her opinion than yours. Nothing worse than a poster who blindly bashes anyone who criticizes the team.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

[​IMG]
    ..:rolleyes:..:rolleyes:

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Don't criticize vinny del negro because you don't know him. This is a basketball forum. You gonna debate, argue, and discuss. You don't like it get the **** outta here. What the **** am I suppose to say?

I'm not a gm, player, coach... So I can't say anything. This isn't communist country.

7. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

It's not that he didn't play T Jones its that he started Marcus Morris at the 4 where he was severely undersized and then continued to go back to Morris and his horrible play. He deserves the flak because his poor lineup judgement made a game that should've and looked like it was going to be an easy win into a game where we had to rely on Delfino's three pointers to save us.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hey poster, stop posting because you are giving opinions.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Parsons didn't play in game 1 last year either.
    Was it a similar situation? If so, I see no reason to freak out. It's entirely possible he just prefers rookies to observe in game 1.

Maybe he wants to stress that real games =/= preseason, preseason performance doesn't mean anything now, and they'll have to work even harder and better.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't see what McHale said that is so wrong. He is totally right. I noticed that there was some spacing issues during the game & McHale said as much. Jones would have likely added to the problem as opposed to helped it. I am so surprised that people are bashing McHale. I love his system the ball really moves, there are no sticky hands, it calls for a balanced scoring attack, crashing the glass & getting out on the break. The Rockets had 28 assits last night. Last season Houston had more than 28 assists just once. That is huge for such a young team. I noticed this in the pre-season it is very rare that such a young team runs such a crisp offense. Credit to McHale for getting guys to buy into the system.

1 person likes this.
  11. meh

meh Member

Wtf!? What undersized horrible play? Do you mean his 7 boards in 24 minutes? 4 offensive boards? His ability to get some good looks, but due to rustiness couldn't finish? It seems you have a very odds understanding of basketball.

What's funny is that if jones had put up the same stats, we'd probably have 20 threads talking about what an awesome rebounder he is. But since Morris did it, them one should just ignore his play. Do you guys even watch basketball?

12. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

I think there is discussion for a trade at a forward position. We are stacked and have too much talent there. I think it's possible that we would give up P-Patt and one of the three: DMO, T-Jones or Royce White.

13. jtr

jtr Member

LOL. If someone attempts to make an argument based on facts they pretty much get a free pass from me. No matter how wrong I think that they are. If someone is just spewing fallacious opinions without even attempting to support their views, it would be better if their posts were never here.

There are many reasons for my disparaging comments. Some of you October 2012 members are quite well reasoned in your posts. However many of you are getting grouped into a category like the one that LOFs currently find themselves in. Just dismissed out of hand because you bring absolutely nothing to the table. Just bile and ill-reasoned opinions that are often flat out wrong. You have to earn your chops. You have to demonstrate at least a basic understanding of basketball and the Rockets organization. You have to define the reasoning behind your opinions. Until you do your opinions are just garbage.

14. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Sure, that is understood, but in some cases opinion is all that one has. Whether one agrees with McHale's views on playing rookies is really not a factual issue but one of opinion.

Your other point is fine but there is a difference between dismissing people's opinions vs. viciously attacking them. I understand how it can be annoying to have a lot of new members on a message board (I posted on a different NBA board for many years before this one) but there is still a place for civility.

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with Bill Bradley's point here, jtr.

You're a valued member of the board, and I tend to agree with and/or value your views about the Rockets more than most of those with whom you disagree, but I don't think there's much place for bullying or incivility on this BBS.

I'd rather the incivility come from those whose opinions I DON'T value. That way, it's easier to just ignore them or to kindly ask that they leave. You, on the other hand, I'd like to have around for quite some time.

16. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Dude are you serious? Morris was getting dominated in the post by Maxiell and I actually don't understand why they didn't go to that mismatch more. Yeah he had some offensive rebounds but he also missed a bunch of easy shots, made some bad decisions, and overall looked lost out there playing the 4. He's a back to the basket player who is too short and undersized to be playing the PF position. How do you expect a guy who barely averaged half a block in college to guard much bigger PF's in the NBA? I understand McHale saying that the Rookies weren't ready but really I don't see how Terrence Jones who shined in the preseason could do any worse than Morris did playing the 4.

17. Dubious

Dubious Member

he rookified the rooks like a Celtic old school, Hall-Of Famer should, and, he won the game, and he got the $80 million dollar man off to a Super Star start.

mission accomplished

18. gwatson86

gwatson86 Member

Something I'm curious about is why so many people seem to be criticizing McHale because Livingston was cut over Douglas. Do you really think that was McHale's decision? That's a management move, i.e. Daryl Morey's decision. Seems like a lot of folks around here just like to have someone with a target on their back every year. Last year, it was Kevin Martin; now, McHale.

19. jtr

jtr Member

Point taken Bima. I will settle down now for a few months. Thank you for reigning me in.

Time to work on a full fledged analysis of McHale as the Rockets head coach. That one should ruffle a few feathers.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

That thought crossed my mind, but OKC didn't play Lamb or PJIII in their opener vs Spurs, maybe just an old school rookie thing.

I still believe Marcus Morris would be a perfect fit in Phoenix playing alongside his brother. They know each others game and it would be a marketers wet dream.