1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. torocan

torocan Member

That's not the point.

If you want top players to consider us seriously, you don't want to start off by giving Harden a tough time.

Just give him whatever was promised, work out some reasonable details, then Harden can tell other players that the Rockets are fair dealers at the table.

Players aren't stupid. They talk to eachother and if your FO is full of jerks or can't be trusted, expect that to factor into trades and FA.

1 person likes this.
  2. nono

nono Member

I think they don't want to take any chances with an injury. I'd prefer if they just do it now.

3. LinMVP

LinMVP Member

I don't like it. Martin was better fit. Better catch&shoot player. That was supposed to be Lin offense, who's it now? Also best player in this deal will turn out to be Lamb. Toronto pick is very valuable. Presti owned Morey...

4. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Great trade for the Rockets. Just because Lin won't have the ball in his hands quite as much doesn't mean this was a bad trade. I'm sure you wouldn't want LBJ because he's not the best 'catch-and-shoot' guy either.

5. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

And you know that how?

6. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Is this a troll account ? I hope ?

7. Gil

Gil Member

Smh...

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Nice Bait and name.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

its a troll account

don't even bother replying to such posts

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden isn't a guy who can create his own jump shot off the dribble and that's a problem for us in the back court. But he might compliment Lin well.

We need to suck though for another year and now we are too good to tank. Yet too weak to do much other than avoid a top pick.

Mediocrity here we stay.

11. vernonmaxwell86

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    James Harden has agreed to a 5 year, $80 million deal with Houston, source tells Y!

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

James Harden is now locked up

@WojYahooNBA: James Harden has agreed to a 5 year, $80 million deal with Houston, source tells Y!

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Damn. I was late. :(

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Start watching the games sometime. He most certainly can create his own shot off the dribble and he creates for others.

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Harden can't create his own shot?

16. jets fool

jets fool Member

You have to do people favors and stop replying to stupid posts

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

It's like they've never watched him play or something.:rolleyes:

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I'm not talking lay-ups and dunks. You take away his layups and dunks and 3 pointers and he is a horrendous shooter. He can't hit a jump-shot off the dribble, heck, he can't hit a jump shot more than 5 feet away from the basket. He's good at 3 point shots last year probably more to do with the fact that 85% of his makes were assisted.

Just saying, any player than shoots under 30% from 15 feet is not a superstar in my book. And if you take out his shots that were assisted his percentages are atrocious. You better hope Jlin is able to feed him for open jumpers or he is going to disappoint many rocket fans.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

who are these fools who know doodoo about basketball?

Not only do I watch him play probably more than you do since I don't live in Houston, but I also understand the game a lot better than you.

Let me tell you something kido - the guy can't make a jump shot off the dribble. Not only is that painfully apparent when defenses take away the drive on him, but it's in the facts that he doesn't shoot a jump shot to save his life, and 85% of his 3's come off of assists. Take those away and he hits jump shots at under 30%.

In other words - HE CAN'T SHOOT OFF THE DRIBBLE!!

Can't wait until you dopes realize that one week into the season. yeah - go watch the games and then come back and reply ok?

1 person likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So take away the 3 most efficient shots any basketball player can take and he isn't a good shooter?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.