1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

As devastated as James Harden might be, the former Thunder star is getting the money he wanted

2 people like this.
  2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Think theyre fixing to talk about it on CSN.

3. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Not if he's having a bad game.

4. pnr

pnr Member

Anyone would be devastated to go from a championship calibre team to a rebuilding one.

5. Fullcourt

Not sure you understand how the closer role works.

6. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Harden was "devastated"? Was he expecting something else to happen? I mean look at Jeff Green. Sam Presti goes hard.

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

UGHH!! Please explain to me how the **** Harden is greedy please!

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

On CSN:

Welcome to Houston. Crazy 24 hours for you. NBA world was shocked. Where were you and did you anticipate this?

I was at dinner with my family, enjoying dinner. I got a text from my GM Sam Presti. I called him. He told me he loves me and things didn't work out and I was coming to Houston. I was kinda stunned but as I thought about it, it could be a good thing for me.

Last 24 hours?

A whirlwind.

This came down to a business deal? A max deal that they weren't able to pay to you?

It's a business at the end of the day. We had something special but it is a business. Looking forward to being in Houston.

Hope you'll get it here?

Definitely. I'll let my agent and FO work that out. My job is to play basketball.

Thoughts on playing with Lin?

Linsanity. He does a great job. ... We can compliment each other.

Thoughts on McHale being your coach?

He knows the game. He's done it. He's won championships. He knows how to get it done. All I can do is learn and play my heart out.

Season opens Wednesday in Detroit. How hard is it to get up to speed and what about chemistry?

It will be tough, not only for myself but the others as well, we're fast learners. Our chemistry, we have to build chemistry. It would have be nice to have TC but we'll have to pick it up.

Your beard?

It's who I am. It's James Harden. People recognize me for my beard. Scared to see what I look like without it.

Surprised how it took off?

Yeah, it happened so fast that I let it go.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Chill out. His first priority was money over contending and the Rockets benefited from it. As a Rockets fan I'm happy.

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

Myth: other OKC players sacrificed money to remain on the Thunder.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Harden's only 23 years old. How short is your short term? :rolleyes: He could be here for the next 10 years and he'll still have 2-3 years of playing time left before he starts to fall off a cliff.

13. Fullcourt

actually, Westbrook could have looked to get a D-Rose deal, and chose not to. He sacrificed some cash.

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

Yeah but he still got more money from OKC than any other team could offer because of CBA rules.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Good to see that he's already putting the initial disappointment behind him, and he's ready to get to work. I'm a huge fan on this deal based on the potential it brings down the line. Nice work as always, HSF...errrr...J.R.

1 person likes this.
  16. Fullcourt

True, but technically he did in fact sacrifice money.

17. Grigori

Grigori Member

Lin wanted to stay in NY; Harden wanted to stay in OKC.

So out of our big three, Asik is the guy who wants Houston. There was this one Bulls poster posting about running into Asik at a club after Asik had signed with the Rockets. Said Asik was ecstatic and couldn't stop smiling the whole night. Hahahaha.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Ok, quick question here, and if this has been addressed in this thread or elsewhere, I apologize, but there are 80pages of this, and dozens of other threads..

Who is going to be our backup 2 ?

Didn't we just trade away our starter and backup? Delfino? I don't know..

Then a crazy curiosity crossed my mind - could White possible play spot minutes at 2 while, say, Parsons handles 2's on the defensive end, while White takes the 3? Seems like that could possibly be a matchup advantage..

Ah well, interesting weekend, totally snuck up on me while I was not on the computer all weekend.

19. Fullcourt

can somebody post that Deal with it gif again it's hilarious!

20. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Any chance that we can make a play for Al Horford next...