1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. StripedPajamas

It does seem that way at first glance, but we're just paying him one million more per year. So, $16 million a year as opposed to $15. They key is getting that extra year.

2. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I don't agree FULLY we can't land the occasional franchise type player. But if you have the picks, either trade them for the 1st pick overall or trade them for a big star.

Multiple high draft picks for a top 20 player is ridiculous.

Its like...Morey should be in the Marketing Department or something.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets react to Harden acquisition: McHale: <a href="http://t.co/makhC19H" title="http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/kevin-mchale-10282012">nba.com/rockets/video/…</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/jlin7">jlin7</a>: <a href="http://t.co/0z0UZxVv" title="http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/jeremy-lin-10282012">nba.com/rockets/video/…</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerparsons">chandlerparsons</a>: <a href="http://t.co/T9R6iVjg" title="http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/chandler-parsons-10282012">nba.com/rockets/video/…</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/262636715590688768" data-datetime="2012-10-28T19:27:27+00:00">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. StripedPajamas

Really? It's ridiculous for a top 20 player (at least in your opinion) in the NBA? Look at the past ten years of drafts and see just how few superstars are actually drafted. That's the riskiest game of all and you may never win. I mean, just look at Thabeet. Drafted #2 overall, I'm sure the Grizzlies were happy that they finally got such a high draft pick! He's amounted to nothing so far, as we saw first hand.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

What team with the 1st overall pick would trade for middle of the round picks? The GM of that team would get fired.

And yeah we tried trading for Dwight Howard with those picks, didn't happen so we moved on.

Your line of thinking is either unrealistic or has already been addressed ad nauseum.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

We still have enough assets to acquire another star via trade. We still have enough capspace to acquire another star via free agency. Link + Harden + Houston (no state income tax) makes Houston a very attractive destination for free agents.

There's no reason not to be optimistic about the Rockets' future.

7. StripedPajamas

I agree. This is the best chance we have, and much better than praying we get a high draft+hoping those draft picks actually pan out into a star player. With Lin, Harden, and co. we finally have some hope of attracting another great player to help get us to the next level. Harden definitely seems like he's pretty well respected and liked around the league.

8. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

How many times in league history has the 1st pick in the NBA draft been traded? And big stars (like the top 10 in the league) don't get traded unless they want to be. This is not NBA live...superstars are hard to come by and that is why teams take risk on potential.

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

how about Harsilin?

The hustling Harsilin - Houston Rockets new Big Three...:grin:

10. Raven

Raven Member

If true, I feel somewhat better. We still have our own 2013 pick, right?

11. kumakun

kumakun Member

And they'll just ignore Jeremy Lin because Linsanity wasn't good enough?
    Its more, FINALLY Lin will stop getting double, triple teamed and if they Focus on Harden, Lin will drive right in and if you focus on Lin, Harden will drive right in.
    Focus on both and you leave Parsons open, who can drive right in as well.
    All 3 guys can shoot the 3, and inside the paint you got Asik and Jones/Smith. I see lots of athleticism, lot of youth, desire to win.
    The "black hole" Martin has finally left the building.

12. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Man, McHale does NOT sound happy about this. Then again, he never does.

13. Classic

Classic Member

Yes sir.

1 person likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Questionable move by Rockets.

Why are we building a 8th seed team? I thought we learned out lesson by now.

We need super high draft picks, not Jame Harden. I'm sorry but Harden is the guy you get AFTER you get lucky with a superstar.

2 people like this.
  15. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'd easily take Harden for 5 years guaranteed over gutting our entire team for an unhappy Dwight for potentially 1 year.

Got 'r done, Morey!

16. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

It's funny that delfino becomes another under the radar signing. I was sort of like what is this for, he's a good player and gives some experience but we didn't have a team going anywhere this year. Now that we have a better shot, he's a nice piece of the puzzle depth wise

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Even if our team isn't all that great, the Delfino deal means we aren't stuck with a d-league scrub at the backup 2.

18. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Jeez i finally log on excited to see how hyped clutchfans would be, instead i see there is a lot of b****ing and whining. Some people are never satisfied.

I think this was a fantastic trade, but we are still a lower seed. Only difference this time is that we have all young players that will continue to get better and the future is looking bright! Still need a scoring post player. Heres to hoping we can somehow nab someone like Cousins soon and develop him to be a dominant post player.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If we get the 8th seed this year, I take it as a BIG win. Why? With such a young core and still enough room to add a significant piece or two, the future is damn bright. Whereas in previous years there wasn't such hope and we were stuck on the mediocre treadmill. BIG difference.

20. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Rockets needed those high picks

- Dan Gilbert