1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. StripedPajamas

Damn, son.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I never said this current team was going to win the Finals....hell, I didn't think this team was going to make the playoffs this season. I thought this was just going to be a rebuilding year and we were going to trade Martin sometime this season for more picks. Then if we sucked this year, we would of had a nice draft pick.

‏Not much protection on the Toronto pick....

@JeromeSolomon
    Rockets won't get top-3 pick next year, top-2 pick next two years or No. 1 pick the next two. Otherwise lottery pick goes to Houston.

Plus we had to give up the Mavs 1st round pick and the Bobcats 2nd rounder (I count it as a late 1st rounder).

All these picks for the 2013 draft blown on this one player. All for 1 player which we all think will turn this squad into a playoff team. Morey is really gone nuts with this trade.

3. 713

713 Member

Paul George or James Harden?

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Go for it. Go for it! Go for it Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5
    McHale's offense was pretty heavy on both P&R and Iso last year, and they've added Lin (67th P&R PPP, 8th Iso) Harden (9th, 7th). Not bad.

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Still haven't decided whether this is a great trade or not. But one thing for sure is that I am glad I don't have to keep following Toronto and Dallas games hoping they suck but not too much. Don't want to relive the knicks pick torture again..

7. AXG

AXG Member

Great move! The Rockets needed to make a gamble to land a superstar and I think Harden has that capability to become one.

8. ejarts

ejarts Member

now we can invite another superstar next free agency:) get josh smith. we need a star PF or SF.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

#689 Kam, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Link

Kevin Durant: Wow

Eric Maynor: Wow

Jeremy Lin: Really sad to see Kmart and JLamb go...both class acts and great teammates. Welcome Harden, Cook, Aldrich and Hayward to Houston!!

LeBron James: Damn @JHarden13 got traded to H-Town! Figured something would happen with that situation but not this fast. #NBAFiles Best of luck to my lil bro/homie @JHarden13 in H-Town! He bout to go HAM in his role now.

Jarrett Jack: Wow james harden got traded to Houston

Kendall Marshall: Poor Oklahoma football, your game just lost a lot of luster thanks to basketball news. lol ... Harden to the rockets, woooow.

Malik Allen: My timeline I hilarious with the "future picks" thing. Isn't the goal to put yourself in the best place to win a championship RIGHT NOW? ... Lol man. OKC might have got the worse defensive player in the league. Not to mention at that spot! My goodness. ... Hahahahahahahaha hahahaha. OKC is bugging!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha

DeAndre Jordan: WOW!!!

Jared Dudley: RT @DerekTheDickish: @JaredDudley619 for you feel Harden is worth a max deal sir? (Doesn't matter what I think,I know someone will pay that)

Damien Wilkins: James Hardin got traded?

Darington Hobson: Y'all really gone get to see @JHarden13 work now tho !!!

Tony Allen: Harding traded!

Mo Harkless: That trade really happened? Wow

Carl Landry: James Harden? Is That Trade Real?

DeMarcus Cousins: Wow ... Is this houston/okc trade legit??

Brandon Rush: That was fast. J harden to the Rockets

1 person likes this.
  11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hasheem Thabeet: OH! ****....I have to actually play now. :mad:

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is making sense now. Martin lights it up in the preseason and we feature him in order to show teams his value. Lamb doesn't do much in the preseason because his value can only go down from his summer performance. And trade is done. Well done, that is.

I really like this because I think we got rid of two assets we weren't going to use long term. Lamb is terrible on defense and merely a gambler. Martin is only a good team defender.

After reading all of your points, I am now of the opinion that this trade kicks HAM.

13. TheresTheDagger

Just picked up league pass Thursday....now this!!!

Come on Wednesday....its been a long time since I've been this excited about a Rockets season!

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So in other words, he played like LeBron did in the 2011 Finals?

It also didn't he that they had him checking LeBron that series.

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

damn you autoplay

16. StripedPajamas

I wish I could tell what connotation those tweets had. What do all these 'wow's mean?!?! Good? Bad?

17. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

Listen, I posted before I think we gave up too many draft picks for Harden. I also posted that there is going to be an adjustment for him being "The Man" now.

However, if you watch him play like I have for the past couple of seasons, you KNOW that he is an excellent player. As talented as Westbrook is, Harden was the guy that the Thunder went to for PG duties in tight situations. He was a more trusted ball-handler and decision-maker.

You also know that Harden is a starter on almost every single team in this league. Hell he played starter minutes over Thabo in OKC. He closed games out too. Just because he didn't get a start next to his name on a stat sheet doesn't mean he didn't put up starter numbers.

And if you think Martin is the same caliber of an all-around offensive threat as Harden then you don't know **** about basketball. There is nothing I can say to you to prove that point to you if you can't see it for yourself.

18. ejarts

ejarts Member

tayshaun prince is a champ. respect.

19. TheresTheDagger

This team just became much better defensively and picked up 3 rotation players including a need at backup center (not sold on Greg Smith at this time).

20. Defy9

Defy9 Member

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!