1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. marothisu

marothisu Member

Lamb is a talented guy, but he's not going to be a superstar right away. If he's going to be a star, it won't be for at least 3-4 years. In all honesty, I see him as a quiet max of 14 points/game type of guy once he develops.

He's also not a good sport and his attitude sucks? Need I remind anyone?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IHOuIfDhM8

It's not like he was traded for some 30 year old who has 3 years left. Harden is 23 years old. If he does well, I think he'll be in the league for just as long as Lamb.

2. mirus

mirus Member

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He was never a superstar bro.

4. nadman89

nadman89 Member

people gotta understand this isnt about this year only having harden and lin will help us acquire more guys in free agency houston will look more sexy to some guys we wont jump to top 4 in the west obviously maybe 8th this year 5th the next and maybe acquire some free agents to make us championship contenders its rare that teams get catapulted so quick boston and miami did it but it was so random

5. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
    Source from 1 of teams involved tells me it was "a good trade for both teams."

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This.

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

got this off espn

@DarnellMayberry
    Houston also sending OKC a protected first-round pick from Toronto, a protected 1st-round pick from Dallas & a 2013 Charlotte second rounder

8. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

I like this move better then Dwight deal...Harden is young and guaranteed to stay!!:grin:

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

They might when they're in their early years, the team they play on has 2 established superstars who are essentially of the same position, and needs a defensive plugger to start the game off.

Thabo only played 21 mpg last season (compare Harden's 32); it isn't who starts the game, it's who finishes it.

Harden went to the Olympics with TeamUSA, so he's clearly quite highly rated in some circles as a star. I'll be shocked if he isn't an all-star this season [but perhaps I'm focussing too much on the Lin factor to get him there?!?]

11. plates300

plates300 Member

You have to start somewhere. Rockets might get knocked out of the first round but it's a step in the right direction considering the young talent we have. You don't go from rebuilding mode one season to title contenders the next.

12. rainmaker

rainmaker Member

How do you know he wants to play in Houston? I know we are going to offer him a max deal but is he going to sign it? I hope he signs it but I won't breathe a sigh of relief until the ink is on the paper.

Yes I know it's every man for himself, but I wonder why Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka didn't work it out before hand and take less money in order to ensure that all 4 would stay together. That was a dynasty in the making.

Harden was a perfect complement to Westbrook. I don't see Lamb being able to fill that second playmaking role that Harden was.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Totally agree Lin is not a star. I was pretty vocal about not being sold on Lin.

Hopefully Harden plays well and makes the franchise more attractive and the Rockets are able to land a #1

14. ApuN

ApuN Member

Its kinda dissapointing to see all this talk about playoffs

We didnt get Durant or Westbrook, we got a guy that comes of the bench.

Harden is a great sixth man - when you have superstar starters.

Sad to see so many delusional Clutchfans

15. redlawn

redlawn Member

Yah I agree. I'd be smiling if I were him. It's tough being under the microscope all the time.

Also happy for Harden. He's no longer just a 6th man, and can be a big star now.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Damn, so does this mean LA is the favorite in the West now? Martin ain't no Harden.

17. mirus

mirus Member

exactly.but hell, i just settled my mind into tank mode.now i have to readjust yet.
    just make sure u guys do well in playoffs this year.

18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

If we sign him to a 4 year 60 mil contract which is very likely we'd be looking at about 45 million under contract next season if we don't take Douglas' option and a few other prospects. Looks like we could very possibly get Josh Smith next offseason too if we dont take the options of Douglas and Patterson.

1 person likes this.
  19. trowa

trowa Member

ermm... not really. martin coming off the bench will still destroy lakers' and every other team's bench.
    thabo is an excellent defender, he is usually defending the other team's best guy. the thunder really didnt change that much

20. redlawn

redlawn Member

Same!