1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Biggest Competitive Gap in Either Conference in NFL History"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gatsby, Oct 22, 2012.

1. gatsby

gatsby Member

Sorry, but I had to post this. There is a long way to go this season, but I am certainly a proud and smiling Texans fan:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-texans-and-everyone-else-in-the-afc/related/

2. sergio

sergio Member

Me like.

3. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

datz wut im sayin!

4. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

me and my friends chipped in to wager $1000 to win $12,000

on Texans to win the superbowl 12/1 odd in Aug.

$400 is mine ... I didnt except them to win it at the time, but saw our division

and felt we were in good shape to win the division with chance of 1st rd bye

2 games til superbowl .... hedging the bet by then was the plan.

Now time for Plan B ..... Let it Ride!?

5. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

and this is why:

(quoting)
    The Texans are such a complete team.

6. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I think theres an nfl betting thread elsewhere in the sports section, maybe you can ask them?
    They prob will have more insight
    idk nada about gambling

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Let's say your scenario works out and the Texans get a bye and home field advantage
    throughout the playoffs. I am very certain that the Texans would be favorites to win that first game.
    Let us all thrown in that the teams isn't New England or Baltimore, you can be certain that the Texans will be big favorites (-7 points or more).
    Betting on the money line (to win straight up) instead of the +7 usually pays
    around +/$250 for every $100.
    Your stake is $400 to $4,800 for tthem to win the SB. If the worst was to happen in that first game and you bet $200, you would win $500 and actually make $100 from your initial investment.
    And if/when the Texans win that first playoff game you have to hope for a repeat as far as the money line for the following game to hedge your bet without risking an arm and a leg.
    So yes, you should hedge if the price is right.
    And the way the Texans are playing, you should find really good value once the playoffs start.

8. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

To be fair, the Ravens have been decimated by injuries.

But yeah, the Texans are that damn good and outside of flukes and Tom Brady, not many teams out there they shouldn't beat. Chicago is looking dangerous but a legit defense might be able to make Jay Cutler have on field freak outs like he has been known to have.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I think the bigger story is how ****ty the AFC is compared to the NFC. Chicago, San Francisco, Atlanta, New York Giants, and GB are all very good. AFC has Texans and what? New England?

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

So far, that's really it. (You can maybe add the Broncos, but not sold on them yet). It's been a weird year. The two WC spots are absolutely wide open for teams like Miami, Buffalo, NYJ, Oakland etc. to have a run at them.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Any of these teams can snowball and look red hot by December. I'm thinking the Ravens plummet 2009 Broncos style. They only have 4 home games left in the season, and none of them are easy.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is likely that New England and Houston will meet in the AFC championship game. Texans win and go to the Super Bowl. The real question is who will they face or maybe who would we like to face. Well it is not Green Bay! How about Giants? Not my favorite either. I think I want San Francisco or Atlanta. What do you think?

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Glad the Texans aren't in the NFC. The playoffs should be very interesting in that conference.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I guess the Texans picked the right time to get good. When the team many think is the 2nd best team in the conference is only 4-3 and has looked pretty mediocre at times and you just whooped the team in 2nd place, the path to a conference title and the Super Bowl is probably as easy as it's ever going to get. You just got to keep your head down and focus and not allow any slip ups.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

More than anything else, the biggest thing for the Texans is health. I wasn't happy when I saw Schaub and Foster late in that Ravens game in the 4th quarter. No need to risk any sort of injury to top players on both sides of the ball.

16. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I hope the NFC teams beat up on each other so much that by the time one of them makes it to the Super Bowl they won't be able to stop us.

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I wouldn't rush to put the Texans at the top of the AFC. Still some good teams I can see come along and perform in the playoffs. Don't forget that dude on the Broncos that might be able to put it together down the road.

18. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

They don't have the pass defense to go all the way. Also they don't run as much as they should.

19. msn

msn Member

Much enumeration of embryonic chickens in progress here. :grin:

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member