1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/17/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 16, 2012.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, he was saying that he had never played big minutes in NBA before. All of a sudden, he had to play 30+ a game, on top of the condensed schedule, his body was not used to it, that's after initial excitement was over.

I'm not sure if he was complaining of being tied, or just simply explaining why he was fatigued.

2. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Seriously, if people are still confused:confused: I THREATEN TO START A NEW THREAT ABOUT THIS:mad: :

Lin is getting paid $5M this year. But for the sake of salary cap calculation he's counted as $8M+.

So when you praise/criticize him, please use $5M as your measuring stick.

If you want to say he's not worth $15M, you have to wait 2 more years. Thank you for your patience ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Chauncey Billups says hi.

4. adamzee

adamzee Member

seconded. this is getting a bit ridiculous..

5. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

Lin is on the track to the regular season level

6. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

For the LOLZ

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qw9SqRumHpE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. dantian

dantian Member

Exactly!:grin:

I think Lin should be praised for his ability to find the right open man at the right moment. I don't think there is much doubt about his scoring ability when it's healthy and the team's success would be relying on that.

8. umberto

umberto Member

LOL, I saw this at the local night markets here all the time. The local muslims like it. Never dare to try it though. BTW, is Omer a muslim?

9. mirus

mirus Member

yes.one bulls fan asked him and he says he missed friday prayers bcost of nba duties or such.

10. umberto

umberto Member

Thanks, mirus. Actually muslim needs to pray 5 times a day and eats only "halal"(food prepared according to Islam law) food. The adjustments initially must be quite difficult. I love this guy. But Lamb will have to watch his back playing beside Omer esp. during muslim fasting month. LOL

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

he's taking 8.3 mil of salary cap, thus preventing the team from using that space on another 8.3 mil player, so shouldn't we use 8.3 mil as the measuring stick? :p

anyway, it's pointless to use salaries for comparisons. The league is full of overpaid and underpaid players.
    Lin was brought in to be a solid starter, and that will be his measuring stick. His salary isn't screaming "All Star" either, so if he becomes anywhere close to one, he'll be a massive bargain.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

96.1% of Turkish citizens are muslims, so I think there's a 961% chance :cool:

Try it, kebabs are good. An easy way to gain some pounds, though, just like any fast food..

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

*96.1%... :eek:

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Lamb will be fine.

15. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

It's clutchfans ... where 2 games makes a trend and 4 games is enough sample size to crucify or crown someone. Except for Jeremy Lin of course ... where 25 games is a string of flukes that we should just ignore.

3 people like this.
  16. Linboy

Linboy Member

I second that.

17. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Lin video interview in link
    http://www.csnhouston.com/basketball-houston-rockets/talk/lin-conversation-mchale-helped-performance

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Are you crazy! Doner Kebab is delicious! It is like a lamb sandwich, just better.

Chicken is my favourite, with hummus, chilli and BBQ sauce...mmmmmmm!

#718 IzakDavid13, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  19. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

My thinking exactly. During preseason he appears to be over-thinking affecting his aggressiveness and confidence when he can't make the play.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Where can I get this???