1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/17/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 16, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

That was a really fun game. Jones was really impressive he will definitely crack the rotation and see significant playing time I adore that kid. Royce white had some nice passes he is a really nifty player. Martin is going to be huge for us this year we really need him to be honest to spread the floor and keep the defense honest. Lin played great no need to elaborate to much. Big issue is that he has NO confidence in his perimeter jumper hopefully that will come as the pre-season goes on. Still a lot of time for that. Also was really unselfish, could be a little more aggressive but you can still see that he is still trying to get his legs under him & find his fit in the offense. Parsons had some nice steals he missed a few buckets though & patterson had a pretty good game there were a few silly things he did but he produced. Jones was an animal don't know if I said that already but I love that kid SO much. Lamb & Dmo are still really figuring stuff out be patient with them same with royce. I love scott but I haven't seen any improvement from him really same passes & such but lack of defense & he had attitude on the court when he got that *rookie* call coaching staff had to come over and talk to him. They did the same thing to Lin when he was getting frustrated just at half time both coaches came over to talk to him. I love seeing that to be honest have to keep these kids in line. Delfino was nice he had a really nifty pass as well.

2. Arthurprescott2

This team is really fun to watch when they're winning. Imagine, if this team makes the playoffs how insanely fun that would be (even if they play mostly vets). Not likely to happen and I'm actually pro-tank. However, the group we have right now is very rootable.

3. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Lin had a decent game. Tons of assists. His jumper is broke, but that's theoretically the easiest thing to fix. Defense was decent. He needed a game like this for his confidence especially with an upcoming week off.

Lamb looks passive. He gets the ball, does a couple of half hearted crossovers, then passes off, or settles for a jumper. Is his foot still bothering him, or is this just how he plays?

White wants to be spectacular when he has the ball in his hands. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but as a rookie it's expected I guess. However, this is the second game in a row where his effort in transition defense has been piss poor. Tonight he had a layup attempt blocked and a turnover. Both times, he moped back up the court on transition defense, barely bothering to cross half court. I want to see the opposite: when you make a mistake, run your ass off to try to make up for it. Parsons did this last game, where he got a dunk blocked by Kaman I think, but instead of moping, ran back hard in transition D, and secured a rebound that would've otherwise been an easy putback for D. Collison.

4. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

LOL at TD's 44 points. He has to be the star of the game, right?

Seriously, tho, that was a fun game to watch.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It isn't a mistake, calm your t***

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I agree with your lineup in your bi-line.
    One change, at this point I switch Douglas and Machado.

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Houston Rookies looks meh except Jones...

8. VanityHalfBlack

Box scores all screwed up...

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lamb has been surprisingly disappointing, I think him and Dmo had the most expectations out of everyone, so far non has really impressed anywhere.

Lamb is way way too passive on every end of the floor, he's no Tmac yet and can't move like him.

10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I will do some changes later soon...:grin:

11. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Lamb's body language is horrible. The coach should had yanked him. Absolutely no effort and intensity.

12. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Where is the interview when he said he was tired?

13. kent335

kent335 Member

Lin was matched up against Mike Conley. Conley was the 4th player drafted in the first round of the 2007 draft. Lin's play matched Conley tonight. Both had about the same play effect on the game. Great job by Lin.

14. kent335

kent335 Member

Undrafted player, Lin, holding his own against a lottery pick.

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

[​IMG]

:cool:

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lin is about the same tier player as Conley I think and maybe even a little better if he can be more consistent.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lamb is taking too many 3 pointers
    hes not attacking the basket when theres an open lane
    he should shoot inside more then shooting for 3

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is a silly argument. Lin did say that he was tired alot but absolutely everybody was tired because it was a lock out. The difference though is that Lin wasn't conditioned to be a starting pg at all. He was in good shape but he wasn't in starters shape because he never played & didn't know what starters shape was. No surprise he got hurt because his body just wasn't prepared for that drastic increase in minutes suddenly. If anybody has a right to complain about being tired likely it is him because he was being worked like a horse when his body wasn't conditioned to do so. Considering that a lot of players who knew they would be starting & playing big minutes (I am looking at you Dirk) came into the lockout season fat as hell & Lin was at least in shape for the level of play he thought he would be contributing (3rd guard play) mad props to him. Don't understand why this is being talked about it is all in the past. Lin is in great shape now & everybody can see that kid is insanely jacked & nobody can call him lazy or a complainer considering that he is the total opposite of all that. There are so many other cool things to be talking about as opposed to the past. Like the really solid play tonight, Jones crazy dunk & Royce's nifty play. Lets focus on that nbody is being a hater at all just trying to provide some clarity to this. Sorry if I come off as rude don't mean to.

19. King Boo

King Boo Member

Lin had 12 assists to Conley's 1.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Doesn't Lin make more money than Conley?