1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No plays for rookies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by allaroundplayer, Oct 16, 2012.

1. allaroundplayer

It's going to be hard for the rookies to have good scoring averages this season if McHale sticks to his rule of not calling plays for rookies.

2. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

Jeremy Lamb would be so much better if he had set plays for him...

I'm so tired of waiting for a star to emerge.....just run plays for them this season and see what we got.....This is the season tofind out what we really have this season Mchale!!!:eek:

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Mchale doesn't call plays for anyone

in fact does he even have plays on offense?

1 person likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, Parsons had to persuade his teammates to give him the ball last year by promising to invite them out as his entourage after the games.

And Morris should have been backup to Scola instead of giving time to 1yr Vets like Patterson

grrrrr

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

There's a reason why people call him McFail.

Also I thought he's just here for a short bit until the next young dude we have lined up is ready to head coach. Is dude ready yet?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am sure it's also McHale's fault that they are out of position on defense and fail to run back on transition.

7. sidestep

sidestep Member

In the preseason, it really stands out that opposing teams like the Spurs are running plays they will use in the season, while Rox seem to either have no set plays, or are doing... experimental things. In fairness though, he's prolly still seeing what everyone can do before he designs plays around their skillsets. That's at least the generous interpretation. Otherwise, it's just FFA which I don't want to believe.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Starters play well, while the rookies play like **** against Dallas.

The GARM's conclusion: It's McHale's fault for not running plays.:rolleyes:

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Great point. As a matter of fact all 5 rookies should be the first ones off the bench. They should be the second unit. They should be given the chance to rekindle that chemistry they had in SL.

10. plates300

plates300 Member

going to go out on a limb here and say is it McHale not calling out plays or are the players just not executing the plays? Not defending McHale but they're rookies for a reason...

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Let the blaming game begin! Save it for the regular season when our team goes for 20 wins.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

hahahaaa .. some of you people are hilarious .. Let's see if these rookies can even demonstrate basic fundamentals before we start drawing up plays for them [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Macahdo and Lamb dont have much of a chance with Douglas, Delfino, Livingston hanging around. But theres no one behind Pat and Asik. So D-Mo and Jones will get a lot of opportunities.

14. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

To honestly answer this yes he does, but I agree, he is way more free willing, to let them run, or live through a break down of a play, unlike JVG era so to speak, and Adleman, everything was perfection. McHale wants perfection in rebounding, and Defense, and those are important parts to the game, we will see what he can do with a "rough" line-up, they're young, unproven, and one is a lil bitter, but in a contract year....we will see....I don't think McHale could go the full season without calling a play for one of the rooks

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think Delfino should get time over Lamb.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

High pick and roll...

didn't work? Pass it around.... didn't work?

Bob and weave...

ah screw it...

run it again!

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It really should be the other way around. Young players like Lamb and Machado...we need to know what we have.

We know what we have in Delfino, Douglas, and Livingston. A mediocre starter, good depth player...That's what they are and that isn't changing. Delfino would be a good pick up for a championship team or playoff team needing depth...not a team that is trying to rebuild to help steal developmental minutes from young prospects.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, i still don't understand that signing. Out of all the FA that were out there.

19. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

he tells royce white to lead fast breaks for goodness sake

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm not a coaching expert, but even if McHale doesn't run plays for rookies, why would that be a problem? I would much rather the rookies play disciplined defense and be able to spread the floor properly during their first years. Once they have the basics down, then run plays for them.

Just look at how Parsons offensive role expanded as the year went on. I don't want players like Lamb just come in and jack up shots without getting the defense down first.