1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/15/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 14, 2012.

1. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I also think McHale might lose his mind this season, having made it known that he does not love to coach rooks and inexperienced players.

Maybe we should just spare him the inevitable conniption fit and go all in and put in Finch to coach, seeing that he is being groomed for the spot anyways. He likes the young guns (did it as Vipers coach) and Morey has all but coronated him the future coach..so why not let them grow together?

Does McHale REALLY want to coach a team of misfits for the next 3 years with little chance of going to the playoffs?

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

He says that he hopes to not need surgery on his knee. Thinks ice & rest will help.

3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Oh thanks. Twitter world didn't explode so I thought he hadn't said anything yet.

4. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

unforgivable defensive effort. you can have a team full of untalented bench warmers win 25+ games in this league just by playing solid defense. for a coach who preaches defense, i hope Mchale makes players accountable on that end of the court. everybody is responsible for playing defense. doesn't matter if you are a sharp shooter, a perpetrator, or a floor general, you are responsible for your man and helping out. this is why i don't like zone defense, people aren't accountable. start pulling guys for poor defense Mchale, and do this early so rookies learn.

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Losing wont be fun to the rockets but to you it will be

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What gives him a right to pick and choose teams anyway. He's at most a mediocre coach..

7. dayanm

dayanm Member

absolutely. Lamb and Machado need to be glued to bench for next 3 games. RW needs to be spanked. Dmo needs to be sent to a bootcamp for a month or two to beef up.

8. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Good game. Keeps things in perspective for the Rockets fans out there that thought we'd make the playoffs. It's worth taking a preseason hit to get some peace and quiet around here.

9. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

Lamb- played terribly. He played slow motion, and made lazy passes. I don't understand why people said this years draft was deep? Marshon Brooks, whom alot of teams regret passing on now, was drafted in the 20s, in his rookie year had alot more skill than Lamb.

Royce- Looked absolutely lost out there. Had one nice pass that the other player couldn't finish on. Needs more play time before I say more about him. Disappointed in his first game though.

DMo- too soft. boy, if people call gasol soft, dmo is a LOT softer. He is getting boxed out by vince carter, and is getting shoved around the court. When Crawdor(or however you spell his name) drove in and made contact with Dmo, dmo got knocked back about 8 inches. needs to gain a ton of muscle.

10. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

to be honest, well said- this is spot on, besides asik being amazing. hes been great, but not amazing. smh rockets :eek:

11. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

im liking your posts dude....you actually make sense.

12. racetrack

racetrack Member

It was back-to-back...the rooks were tired. They'll get better. Go Rockets!

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Donatas just looks inactive to me a lot of time. He keeps jogging around in half court in these little steps. He needs to display that quickness and energy he played with last year.

Maybe he's tired or burnt out or smth, idk. After all, it's a new country and thousands of miles from home, for months, unusual climate, competing for rotation minutes. That can burn you out. But either way, he needs to step up, he's far below what I expected right now. And I only expected a Jason Smith-type performance this year.

14. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

he's too soft. softer than gasol. i guess he's now learning how much stronger the nba guys are compared to the eruo guys.

15. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Hope for the Best for Shaun Livingston

Been rooting for Shaun since first heard of his story here. #4 draft pick in 2004 By the Clippers. Showed signs of a breakout year in 2007 that was tragically cut short by the most freaking injury. A miracle to recover and still play. Been on the road back since then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Livingston

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DBp-JuKBwuU&desktop_uri=/watch?v=DBp-JuKBwuU

16. delta69er

delta69er Member

Yeah I remember in the seasons around '05-'07 him always being a matchup nightmare for us as he possessed such pure point guard skills at 6'7.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he also possessed the ability to post up smaller guards pretty efficiently as well

17. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Yep, he's still got it in him

Definitely beleve in Shaun. Hope to see more of this from Shaun and Delfino

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DBp-JuKBwuU&desktop_uri=/watch?v=DBp-JuKBwuU

18. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Houston first then the player. We dont tacke to kindly to people who put their faveriote players above our team. Learn that boy.

20. umberto

umberto Member

You're right. He'd post up smaller guards and shot those mid-range jumpers at ease until the opponents' coach replace their guards. LOL. Not sure he still able to do the same or Mchale would use him the same way though.