1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/15/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 14, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

thats some weak thing made up for kobe , putting a ball in a metal hole has nothing to do with killer instinct smh

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lamb is the most passive player I've ever seen, Someone slap this kid right now and snap him out of it.

3. nbafever

nbafever Member

Team was too disorganized. They were not hitting shots and DAL took away their attempts at the rim. Too soft on the defensive end, did not confront many shots, except maybe DMo who took a couple of charges.

ugly, ugly ...

4. trowa

trowa Member

its not excuse. rookies need to learn through playing with other team and preseason is the best time cuz they dont count

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Some of these comments are too much. Yes it was a bad game but it's pre-season & these guys are rookies. Chill.

6. trowa

trowa Member

killer instant means u dont lose confidence even if u miss 10 shots in a role.

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Member

What a train wreak. I have to remind myself it is a back to back against 2 teams that clearly will probably beat us down this year overall.

Baby Rockets. McHale will be on fire I'm sure. Passing drills 5 on 5 are in order at the least. So so sloppy .

Pre-season, boy do we need it. Except Martin, Parsons, Patterson and Asik. Their games look set imo. I expect Martin to have some high numbers nightly. Which should equal a new jersey probably.

8. rocketsmetalspd

3 more games to get things done for the reagular season. Last two will be to get the team ready for the game in Detroit. Will be interesting to see who will make the final roster. Also, what the rotations will be for players that will see minutes coming off the bench.

9. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

He needs to dunk not pass.

10. trowa

trowa Member

and asik needs to stop shooting the ball if he is >2 ft away from the rim

11. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

The most-common phrase on the Knicks forums last season, after a loss: "No Lin, no win."

12. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

If he doesn't get the respect from the rookies, how can he lead?

13. nono

nono Member

I'm sorry but our rookies don't really seem to be elite talents. Royce White and Motiejunas have both looked average. Lamb only has an outside shot and nothing else.
    Asik has been the only bright spot of the preseason. Worrying times.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Its gonna be a long, long season.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

People need to stop passing it to him there. Use Omer properly. Asik is wide open so he has to shoot it. It is an indication of less than ideal PG play.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think it will be fun. I expect the Rockets to be horrible at first. But, as the season goes on I expect the rookies to start figuring things out. I look forward to seeing which players breakout and become useful NBA players. I enjoyed watching Parsons last year, and I think we will have at least a couple rookies shine by the end of the season. We won't win many games, but that is expected with so many young players.

17. MONON

MONON Member

Hey! It's a preseason game. At least 2 of the guys that played tonight won't make the roster. You have to play all the players some significant minutes in some games to get an idea of who plays best together. We only have a couple more games to figure this out before the season begins.

18. caneks

caneks Rookie

as discussed many times, we will see a lot of games like this, we will score, but will be outscored.

19. trowa

trowa Member

yes, thats true, but asik also needs to stop shooting them too

20. marothisu

marothisu Member

I think your statement would be more valid if the Rockets were returning more than 5 players from last year. Most of these guys have never played before, and have never played under the current system.

Haven't played much together + new system = takes awhile for chemistry to come together. Don't expect them to win much in the beginning of the season. Will probably start coming together in the middle or after the first third.