1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When the Regular season starts, Lin Fans need to..

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Hahhahah, nice...

2. 13th Man

13th Man Member

Lin and now Rockets fan here. Why would we do that, that's pretty silly. I think even the hardcore Lin fans from China can distinquish between the Knicks and Rockets.

Agreed. I have no problems in saying that Lin played poorly yesterday and has not been impressive thus far. I still see the same old bad habits in regards to turnovers hopefully this will change as he becomes more focused once the season starts.

Yes but at the same time there will always be some "veteran" posters that hold a weird grudge against Lin and will take any opportunity trash him. This happened on the Knicks forum and I have witnessed it here as well so this goes both ways.

Sure. Lin is starting off on a clean slate here with the Rockets.

I don't see anything wrong with having a debate when it comes to players skills. What if this becomes a real issue down the road, are supposed to ignore it?

What I wish is for people on this board not to continue to label us as LIN fans. We are now Rocket fans. If you want us to be Rocket fans then start treating us as such thank you.

3. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

That was a great series and Hakeem is a great player... Much respect to the 94 Rockets. If you're trying to pull at heart strings I just don't take sports so seriously anymore. But hey go for it.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently yohimbe can't tell the difference between knicks videos and rockets videos.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

New members of the best Rocket community online, for whatever reason that brought you here, welcome; but understand that this is first and foremost a Rocket fan site.

Learn your history and know that tinman is your historian and guide. You do not have a choice.

Let the lessons begin...
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uXNJvC-TVMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tinman, the floor is yours...

6. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Lol... I bet I know more about Rockets history than he does.

7. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Right off the top TINMAN...

Tell me the name of a white combo guard who went to FSU that played his final year as a Rocket?

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

You're fighting a losing battle. tinman lives in the past, I really doubt you can stump him on Rockets history. And lol at trying to ask someone a trivia question over the internet.

9. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Well obviously if he really knew who I was talking about a quick timestamped answer would've satisfied me. But I guess we're past that point.

10. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

I wish clutch would roll into this thread and see how much of a troll yohimbe505 is. continued disrespect to veteran clutchfans members. I have had my disagreements with tinman in the past, but he is a knowledgeable and respectful person.

yohimbe505 has turned this thread into a circus bc he cant understand that the Garm is for only Rockets posts, and there is an entire other thread available (NBA dish) for every other team and player discussion. its such a simple concept. with all the new members here im glad someone finally came out and said something to try and get this board back in order.

look at him right here. first saying hes been a knicks fan for 25 years then declaring that he is a basketball only fan. contradicting himself in literally the same post.

Tinman litereally explains this as clearly as possible, and yohimbe505 flat out disrespects and trolls. Who is being childish in this???

yohimbe505 should be banned for this kind of behavior. Clutchfans was made to be a fan site for smart, knowledgeable fans who want to discuss their favorite team, and believe it or not its not the Knicks. yohimbe505 clearly doesnt care about that.

I love the Houston Rockets, we need to get this board back to people who feel the same way.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The big picture is that this "us vs them" stuff is fun, but counterproductive. We should all be Rockets fans here, or at least non-Rockets fans with useful contributions. If someone wants to post about the Knicks - flame away. But I think entire threads like this are just going to fuel the LOF pests.

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

It is seriously counterproductive. I honestly just want to talk basketball with knowledgeable people & these kinds of threads are off-putting. The superiority complex has me rolling my eyes. The same goes for a lot of the posts I see from the LOF.

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I was wondering if a McGrady mention would show up on page 1 or not, and yep...it sure did.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

dude anyone can answer a trivia question from the internet.

What people here who really experienced the Rockets on Clutchfans, you can tell from their hearts.

Like why did the Rockets fans at the Summit give James Worthy a standing ovation that one night?

Why was JVG pissed at Steve Francis during the superbowl?

Why do fans hate Scottie Pippen?

oh and your question. Sura. sura faints. (you only get this if you are a real clutchfan).

The Real Rocket fans are hardcore. they travel to cheer for their team and they bond with fellow fans who know the difference between the knicks and the rockets.

The true Rocket fans are REAL.

1 person likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

LOL!

If this dude is a life long Knicks fan, why the HELL is he on the GREATEST ROCKETS SITE OF ALL TIME?

For the "hardcore" Knicks fans:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Knicks fan:

CLUTCH CITY IS FOREVER!!!!
    MAXWELL > STARKS
    DREAM > YOUR WHOLE TEAM THEN AND YOUR WHOLE TEAM NOW
    [​IMG]

16. tefunk

tefunk Member

I expect the posting of Knicks videos to be short-lived. If Lin lives up to the hype it would be pointless to post his old vids. And if he doesn't, the vids will just be a harsh reminder of his current failures.

17. Grigori

Grigori Member

I am more interested in the list of things LoFHs need to stop doing like right now, before the regular season even starts, because, seriously, we aren't utterly sick and tired of seeing that, either.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Please add to the list, we'd love to hear your input!

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Sura falls in faint.

At least Don Quixote has a new windmilll to attack.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Clutchfans rule #1

Never state that you know more about the rockets than tinman. You will always lose.