1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron article] Machado’s playmaking ability could provide depth behind Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mirus, Oct 5, 2012.

1. mirus

mirus Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/10/10297/

Some excerpts

Nice article tho it's from the mouthpiece of rockets ;)

2. luden

luden Member

I know people are going to get defensive and say that I shouldn't take his comments out of context but who says, "he is a wonderful kid"? You don't call someone older than you Kid, it's like he doesn't see Lin as his equal. Parsons doesn't even call Lin Kid.

Interesting.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

I lmao when they said that he threw the ball at teammates faces. Anyway here is to hoping that Machado gets serious playing time I really like him. Although I do think he is mad cocky. He will definitely be humbled this season like most rookies are because I don't think he will play a lot.

4. pnr

pnr Member

He seems a little too confident... but whatever, hopefully he shows his potential.

5. thisiscaketown

He'll make the team dynamic interesting, to say the least.

6. trowa

trowa Member

confidence is good, but u gotta have some material to back that up

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Ish Smith v2.0.

8. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

doesn't matter how cocky he is, he's just a little dude who can't shoot and gets pushed around on defense

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

LOL...He forgot that Livingston or Douglas are still on the roster. Both are a mile of ahead of him in defense. A year in the D-League should do a world of good for his humbleness.

10. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

dleague isn't going to do much for any player trying to make it in the nba. guys are always trying to rack up points in the dleague. he'll try to do the same but end up looking real bad against dleaguer's

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And? Doesn't mean he can't beat the 2 out with his skill set. Not saying that he will but the guy has game and he knows it. I wouldn't call it cockiness, more so confidence.

12. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You tend to forget Bball are played at both ends. Where else will a rookie develop his defensive skills?

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You tend to forget Bball is played at both ends. Where else will a rookie develop his defensive skills?
    Fixed

14. mirus

mirus Member

exactly.and lin do gain some skills in dleague.

15. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with his offensive skills. It's his defensive skills he needs to work on. He is a liability at defensive end.

16. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

At this point he is a homeless man's homeless man's Rondo(yes 2 homeless man's).
    He is a good passer but he sucks at everything else. Poor athleticism, poor defense, poor scoring ability, etc.

His playmaking ability is useless without scoring and shooting ability and a lack of athleticism which makes him easy to defend.

Basically his cap is roleplayer. I think he can provide some minutes off the bench but at this point Toney Douglas is better than him.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Just like every other NBA rookie this year who's name isn't Anthony Davis or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. That's just stating the obvious not a knock on Machado.

18. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

The guy isn't confident he's clearly cocky. And everything he says (kid?!) makes him sound like a bigger douche.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You saw all that in a couple of minutes. You're good but youre not cheke good.

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

yes, and i'm very big on defense. but in the dleague guys are trying to show that they belong in the nba and they do it by putting as much points in the basket as they can. sadly, most players in the dleague don't play much defense if any at all.