1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Home Repair] Help! Foster dog destroyed laundry room

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 00rocketgirl, Oct 1, 2012.

1. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

TL;DR I need blinds repair and door trim repair advice. Where does one go for that kind of stuff? Recommendations in southwest Houston/Sugar Land/ Missouri City/Stafford area? I'm a girl, I don't know these things.

I got a foster dog last Monday from a local rescue and was already so fed up with her & ready to give her back from all that happened this past week (she doesn't get along with my old dog and just is not fit for apartment living.) It was even more difficult when I took in a stray yorkie for a couple of nights before finding him a home, and then I came home this evening at my parents house to this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the culprit:

[​IMG]

It was getting too suffocating with this crazy foster dog and my dog in the same small studio apartment, so I took the dogs to my parents home this weekend. This morning I left the foster dog in the crate, made sure all the latches were shut, and kept her in the laundry room, but she got the bottom latch undone with her paw and must've really had to squeeze her way out and completely destroyed the laundry room. She ripped up blinds, chewed at 2 different door frames and one window frame, shredded a wooden basket, 3 different calendars, a bulletin board and a bunch of other papers. I am so glad I had a last second thought to shut the laundry room door or I fear what the rest of the house would've looked like.

The thing is, my parents don't know I have a foster dog (they've said no to me getting one before which is why I hadn't told them yet), let alone that I brought it to their house. They most certainly don't know about the damage to the laundry room today. They probably won't be home for a couple of weeks but I want to get this damage fixed ASAP and as cost effective as possible. I kind of want to fix it before letting them know about the damage.

I called one place that only sold blinds and they recommended City Blind Repair in Bellaire- anyone ever use that? Anything better?

And I don't know where to begin about door and window trim- do I call a handyman? Are their businesses that do that? Help!

Thanks

btw is this a bad place to let you know this foster dog is available for adoption? Let me know if you are interested and I can direct you to the adoption application. She could be a good dog, but she is still a puppy, about 9 months, full grown at about 30 lbs. and sweet nature. But like any puppy, she has a lot of energy and likes to chew.

2. Classic

Classic Member

boyfriend?

3. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

no, this is one of those moments when I wish I had one.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I would imagine a safe bet would be Home Depot or Lowes for those kind of quick fix repairs.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

6. VanityHalfBlack

Kam to the rescue!!!

7. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

In all seriousness. Give that dog a bone.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just clean everything up as best you can and leave your parents a blank check surrounded by your baby pictures. That is the best thing you can do at this point.

9. Classic

Classic Member

10. Classic

Classic Member

edit, sorry, noticed it wasn't your apartment but your parents house

You need to find a handy man

11. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Your dog is so cute.

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Or burn the house down. :)

You can do this stuff all on your own with materials from Home Depot, or you can just hire a contractor for this minor job. I know a few...you can PM me or email. Also, I can empathize with you because I got a house, and I've been fostering for about a month only on the weekends and feel suffocated at times. I feel bad for my little dog too...

13. papadrunk

papadrunk Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

There are no bad dogs, just bad dog foster parents. :p

1 person likes this.
  15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Donate it to a Korean animal shelter

1 person likes this.
  16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

My guess would be to just replace the blinds, which are really easy to install. Then sand the molding and repaint it. If there's deep bite marks you may have to get some wood filler maybe.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Door casing (trim) is easy to replace and not that expensive. Any man who has used a saw before can do it.

18. RUDYG

RUDYG Member

Sand and wood filler for boards (paint),window blinds look online for some and for the dog get him some deer antlers but make sure the antlers are strong with no cracks will take him forever to chew worked on my fat basset hound he snacked on anything even a softball bat

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why are you not paging Kam

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can't tell if this is inside joke or racist joke.....