1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All home games will be a three-man broadcast team of Bill, Bull & Clyde

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the three-man team of Bill Worrell, Matt Bullard and Cldye Drexler was interesting last year. Perhaps they know they need to add more to Clyde, or needed to give more to Bullard?

The Rockets also officially announced the Calvin Murphy return.

<HR>
    COMCAST SPORTSNET ANNOUNCES HOUSTON ROCKETS BROADCAST SCHEDULE AND TALENT

HOUSTON --- Comcast SportsNet Houston, a partnership between the Houston Rockets, Houston Astros and the NBC Sports Group and the new television home of the Astros and Rockets, today announced the regional television schedule for the 2012-13 Rockets season. The network's schedule features every regular-season game, seven preseason contests, and comprehensive pregame and postgame coverage with Rockets Pregame Live and Rockets Postgame Live.

Comcast SportsNet's live coverage of the Rockets begins with the team's preseason opener against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Oct. 10 (7 p.m.) at State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. The network's regular-season schedule tips off with the Rockets opener on Oct. 31 at Detroit (7 p.m.).

Comcast SportsNet's live game coverage will be led by longtime Rockets play-by-play announcer Bill Worrell, who will begin his 30th season calling the action for the team. The broadcasts will incorporate a three-man booth for all home games this season, with Matt Bullard and NBA Hall-of-Famer Clyde Drexler providing analysis. Bullard and Worrell will handle announcing duties for road games. They each begin their eighth season on Rockets TV.

"Bill Worrell is one of the top play-by-play announcers in the NBA," Comcast SportsNet Houston Executive Producer Murphy Brown said. "Teaming him with Clyde and Matt for all the home games will provide viewers with unparalleled in-game coverage. The addition of Calvin Murphy as a studio analyst completes what we feel will be one of the highest caliber broadcast teams in the league."

The network will deliver extensive half-hour pregame and postgame shows surrounding Rockets games on Comcast SportsNet. Rockets Pregame Live and Rockets Postgame Live will feature analysis from NBA Hall-of-Famer Calvin Murphy, who returns to Rockets broadcasts for the first time since 2004. Complete coverage of the Rockets will also be featured on the network's news and entertainment programs, including SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live, and across its digital platforms, highlighted by CSNHouston.com.

"We are very excited to have Calvin return to Rockets broadcasts on our new home, Comcast SportsNet Houston," Rockets Chief Executive Officer Tad Brown said. "Calvin is a larger-than-life personality who Mr. Alexander, our fans and our entire organization has great affection for, and he's going to bring his unique perspective of the game in what will surely be an informative and entertaining way."

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They need Bull to sit in the middle so that Bill does not stab Clyde to death out of rage and frustration. :)

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Heh heh heh

[​IMG]

Your keys to the game Clyde?

"I left them in the car."

2 people like this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is this channel available on AT&T Uverse?

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not yet, as far as I know. I think they're still negotiating. The channel goes live on October 1.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sounds great. I hope to catch some of it on NBA Broadband International. I love listening to Bill being a homer.

7. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

i saw some last season games...

and i really dont like ...

8. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

LOL You guys can't tell me you love Clyde's sense of humor. I think this is great, I personally already love Bill, Bull & Glide's styles of commentating, and all 3 coming together would make that Houston's most exciting "Big 3".

9. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Can you please send me link to access/register on this one? I only have league pass, and in the country of my current residence, they have local guys calling the games ... in local language :(

10. jocar

jocar Member

Calvin's only doing pregame, halftime, and post? dangit. I was hoping he was gonna be next to Bill doing play by play.

11. carayip

carayip Member

Come on, can't just fire/demote Clyde straight away. Step by step.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not ideal, but a big step towards improving the game broadcast. With luck, they'll ease Murph back into the chair next to Bill during the course of the season. I can dream. Regardless of what happens in the future, though, this is great news!

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

unless Bill finally snaps this season from the stupidity and tries to strangle Clyde at the table

14. prs325

prs325 Member

If you have Calvin and Clyde reverse roles (Calvin with Bill and Bull, and have Clyde do the pre, post, and halftime) I think it would be palatable for everyone.

You'd have a solid 3-man crew calling games, the only question mark is whether Clyde could handle being the man overviewing and recapping the game. Possibly if another seasoned host is on his side, I imagine that would be the way more entertaining, informative and less irritating that the current set-up.

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I like it, 3 man crews are better because it means less of every1 though Bullard tends to start having long ass conversations about cookies and laughable, to him at least, matters and they forget all about the game. Better than Clyde & Bill alone though ;)

16. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Well at least there is always another guy who can neutralize Clyde's nonsense and Bull's constant complaining.

17. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Good to see her back.

[​IMG]

18. underrated015

underrated015 Member

needs to be bill calvin and bullard. clyde can do pregame n postgame.

19. ROXCHAMPSIN2k8

Anyone know if directv is carrying csn Houston yet? I'm gonna freak if I can't watch games

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

haha...

Murphy Brown the sports producer has been a round for a long time - He used to produce a lot of games for FSN. Glad to see they have someone with a lot of good experience at the helm for Comcast.