1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rant Sports: Rockets Future 'it' Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jenopogi, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Member

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2012/09/26/houston-rockets-the-nbas-future-it-team/

Rockets fit the model
    Going forward, past the season immediately in our future, the odds on who’s going to become an ‘it’ team becomes pretty wide-open. I’ll gladly throw a red hat in the ring for Houston to lock down that spot by the 2013-14 season.

With that being said, I wholeheartedly believe the Houston Rockets have the correct ratio of swagger/talent/youth to become the next ‘it’ team, a la Oklahoma City Thunder, over the next few years.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2012/...-the-nbas-future-it-team/?cCfQIHoX8Osdccr6.99

My comment: does this mean I'm gonna be an 'it' fan?

1 person likes this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

The only "it" I want to have is a number one pick.

1 person likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can't satisfy everybody. A future "it" team doesn't need a #1 pick.

4. zaam

zaam Member

Kind of a nice, entertaining read at a time when not too much is going on.

You hear a lot about the OKC "model" for success. It's important to understand that a great deal of OKC's success came through good fortune (draft, primarily). When luck plays such a large role in something like this, you can't really view it as a model. Models are something that can be followed to replicate success.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't look to OKC's outcome and try to go along the same path; it's just something of a flawed notion to view of their model as a being any kind of formula.

1 person likes this.
  5. caneks

caneks Rookie

lol, I do not believe any team could be as good by just trying to copy another team.

6. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

7. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

1 person likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I see the irrartional optimism has spread beyond the borders of cf.net.

9. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Member

Now this reply truly illicits a laugh from. I literally loled by myself inmediately as i read it... Luckily, no one near me, else they might think am crazy. Bench press and we get Durant .... Hahaha. That would be awesome.:grin:

10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Great for us...:grin:

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Machado can't win for nothing with you guys. I truly believe if he were to break out this season, you all would come up with something else corny to downplay his achievement.

12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It has become a grudge match or something. Machado hasn't proven anything or hurt anything. But many posters have picked sides and now they feel like they have to stick to it. Go figure.

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

Uhhhhh... I hope Machado has a great year. I hope he averages a triple double. I was just pointing out how silly it was to get excited about a basketball player's bench press.

I'll relegate myself to the hangout where I belong.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Link

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

if he averages a triple double, I would have to dish out $20x 82 games = $1620 into the tip jar. And if we make the playoffs thats another $50. And if we go to the finals and every series goes to 7 that is another 28 games x $20 = $560 for the tip jar. man that would be $2230 into the tip jar alone from my end :(

Price you pay to win a 'ship I guess.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Worth another look.;)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vvC4M9H2610" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/57g9BbJ6O2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jBRvb6nmWgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. carayip

carayip Member

The only "achievement" Machado had in the nba seems to be his bench press record so people should be excited...

19. conquistador#11

ok, which of you homers writes for rantsports? =)

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

People should be excited because of the fact that he had more assists than any guard picked in the lottery. People should be excited at the fact that he is a better scorer than previously indicated.