1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama rebuilds mosques while churches burn

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Sep 26, 2012.

?

Obama rebuilding foreign mosques is

1. Money well spent

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Waste of taxpayers dollars

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The email from American Family Association...

Waste of money, or money well spent?

Favouritism or good politics?

Your thoughts...

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is the difference between a mosque and a church?

(Nothing)

1 person likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And this deserved a thread... Why? It's a program started a couple of administrations ago, and "rebuilding mosques" is just a part of the program. Putting aside that the site you quoted this from is a load of crap, what's your point? Start a thread to slam the President just for the hell of it? With all due respect, are you that young, or just that stupid?

2 people like this.
  4. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Re-read the Factcheck link you quoted......

5. IzakDavid13

As usual out come the personal attacks on everything from the load of crap website, my age (37 btw), my intentions and my intelligence...but didn't bother to deal with anything in the opening post or questions asked.

I'll ask again do you think that this is a waste of money, or money well spent?

I'll ask another question, do you think that American tax dollars should be used to rebuild and renovate international mosques in the same countries that are burning the US flag as well as churches, and persecuting their Christian population?

And I couldn't care less about bashing Obama. I have nothing against the guy...I can't stand Hillary or lefty P.C. hippies, but that's another story.

6. IzakDavid13

That's why I put that paragraph in, to show that this scheme wasn't the brainchild of Obama.

I have no need to grasp at any straws, just stating the facts.

7. DaleDoback

Oh......I believe you. Someone must have typed the title of the thread when you weren't looking.......

:rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OK, full disclosure. I'm a "lefty P.C. hippie," and I like Hillary, although I voted for the President in the Texas primary. With that out of the way, what the hell are you babbling about? Frankly, being "that young" would have looked better than simply being that stupid. Since you've eliminated one, I guess we have to assume stupid. Congratulations... you have defined yourself for the board.

#8 Deckard, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Money well spent. I'm guessing you think preserving cultural sites is a waste of money?
    http://eca.state.gov/culprop/afcp/project_listings/index.cfm

Type in 'mosque'. You get 29 results. Money has been given for a total of 507 cultural sites. That's 5% to mosques. This is a non-story and you should feel ashamed for wasting anyone's time (including your own) on such a useless article.

2 people like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Kudos. I intended to mention that and didn't. Excellent post and couldn't agree more.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Type in "church" and you get 26 results. Obama obviously favoring the Muslims.

12. IzakDavid13

1. That was the title of the original article. Should I have changed the article so that the left wing P.C. brigade wouldn't be offended by the mentioning of their Dear Leader?

2. The Obama administration continues to rebuild and renovate mosques in countries where they are burning down churches and persecuting minority religions. Is this a lie or is it the truth? Is this a good investment or a waste of taxpayers dollars?

3. Facts are facts, try arguing the facts. A fact is I put that extra link in to show that this scheme wasn't the brainchild of Obama, why else would I include that paragraph and exclude the rest?

...grasping at straws...:rolleyes:

13. IzakDavid13

Type in church rebuild...

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this is like ToyCen all over again

15. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

You should have made the thread title so it wasn't misleading. Using the title of the article you are quoting just shows everyone the lack of objectivity you engage in.
    The key word is continues. The Obama administration is doing nothing different than the Bush or Clinton administrations did regarding the rebuilding of cultural sites. Seeing as how it isn't those countries' governments that are burning down churches, you bringing that up displays your fallacious reasoning.

Since you seem to ask asinine hypothetical questions, I'll do the same:

Do you believe the Obama administration should collectively penalize Islamic countries because a minority of their population commits crimes?

Do you think you should have even made such a useless thread aimed at complaining about an insignificant portion of a well-intentioned cultural project?

16. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

In what way is this an adequate response to the point I raised? The vast majority of aid within this project has went to museums and preserving cultural manuscripts. 5% has went to restoring mosques. More has went to restoring/preserving Christian buildings.

What exactly are you whining about?

17. IzakDavid13

No, he shouldn't.

Cultural project may be well intentioned, but I believe in this tough economic times money could've been better spent. Just my opinion.

In saying that I am a big fan of preserving historical artefacts.

Useless thread to some, point of discussion for others.

I know this is a touchy issue, but why play kill the messenger? I didn't write the article, all I did was put it up on the D&D for debate & discussion. Isn't this what this forum is for?

#17 IzakDavid13, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  18. DaleDoback

Fair enough. So the person that wrote the original article was obvious in his bias and in his attack. Instead of making your own thread title......you sink to his level and continue to cycle of misleading/false complaints. Well done!

By the way.....not part of the left wing PC brigade.......not at all. But would gladly join if the other option was in the same circle of madness that you and a select few here belong to.

Yes.....the extreme small percent in those countries are a-holes. So what? People like you fail to understand that this is a small.....but loud group. I spent quite a few years 'Spreading Democracy' in the middle east and can say 100%......a vast majority are non-violent and completely civil to people from different backgrounds/religions. But hey......keep the fear train rolling brother....and no. Not a waste of $$$ at all. More money is spent on hammers, toilet seats, computer chairs and black pens at the Pentagon PER YEAR than we have spent in the past 11 on this project.

Here is a better question for you......should we have rebuilt New Orleans after Katrina? You know.....with all the rioting, rapes, murders and destruction of property happening after the storm? Apples to Apples bro......

So a hit piece blasting Obama for 'Caring about Mosque's over Churches' is fact huh? Ok chief. :rolleyes:

Fact is......people like you see a non-story and convert it into a reason to be angry. And that is pretty sad. There is PLENTY to attack the Obama administration on.....yet you guys keep

Exactly.....

1 person likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As an Aussie residing in Australia, are you required to pay US taxes? If so, how much have you contributed to be so concerned about it?

There really isn't much to discuss here. The numbers do not support *your* claim.

1 person likes this.
  20. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I hardly believe cutting such a miniscule project would have any noticeable effect on the deficit. I do hope you realize that the current economic predicament the US is in was brought on by an incompetent president who initiated two wars whilst in office.