1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LANCE ZIERLEIN JOINING CHARLIE PALLILO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. The Real Shady

SEC guy should call into Charlie and Lance's show.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Member

3. Dubious

Dubious Member

Both are leads, but Charlie is serious and Lance is funny. Lance needs a straight-man and Charlie will only be annoyed.

It's like trying to put Brady and Rodgers in the same backfield, a negative for both I think.

(why would Charlie agree to this??????)

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've seen lance pull it back, drop the humor, and take a 100% professional approach before. He can do it. Not sure he will though, also not sure the Lance fans would like it.

5. K mf G

K mf G Member

he's late for his first day, hilarious

6. conquistador#11

the story of his life.:p I think he had an excused absence though, vegas.

7. K mf G

K mf G Member

he probably left his house without his shoes......again

8. desihooper

desihooper Member
    Supporting Member

Seattle, I thought. But yeah, they said he'd be late on Friday.

9. carolbmt

carolbmt Member

I don't like Lance Zierlein. He's the Steve Francis of talk radio - has to have the ball in his hands all the time. He talks too much, tries too hard to be funny. Glad his lousy "talent" is off the Matt & Adam show. Sorry to see him take away air time from Charlie. Send Lance back to 610.

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

I disagree wholeheartedly. He's hilarious and he's genuine. He's not snarky (see: Charlie Pallilo) and will call you out on your BS (see: interactions with Matt Jackson).

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Only caught about 30min of their airtime max today (thank God for decent traffic) but I thought it was great. Lance was better here than he has been on the morning show and I enjoy Pallilo's show more now.

1 person likes this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I listened today...I was worried Charlie wouldn't be down with the idea, but thought it worked great. I think their styles will compliment each other, it has all the makings of a great show. Good stuff.

13. BigM

BigM Member

I listened a little bit and like it. Both these guys are knowledgeable and bring a ton to the table. Should be by far the best show on air.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I'm very happy with how this is shaping up. 610 is all but gone from my dial now.

15. Blake

Blake Member

Listened on the drive home and I think it is gonna work. Only care about listening to 610 when McClain is on at this point

16. David Stern

David Stern Member

I disagree but rep for the creativity on the analogy

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

It was nicely done. Their styles do compliment each other well. All they need to do now is actually structure the show. It's too random with the calls. Have like an NFL segment, college football segment, basketball, caller segment, NFL segment with some calls, baseball segment, etc.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah it's way better now. It used to be baseball segment, dry humor schtick, baseball segment dedicated to 3rd baseman, football, baseball segment dedicated to pitchers during the month of July in 1963, football, baseball segment dedicated to assistant GM's from 1981 in the AL, repeat...

19. conquistador#11

i loved it! Finally I can tolerate roboman charlie.
    But if they want to take down the bozos like lance said he wants to do, on Nfl days(mondays and fridays), in a hungry nfl city that has been starving for success, they better talk Texans and not SEC football or tennis. 610 still has marky V doing texans live from 6-8, which is great stuff for us texans fans.

My dream scenario would have been N.D and lance with mighty as the sports flash guy.

20. Hammer755

Hammer755 Member

Can't remember the last time I turned to 610. The only time my dial leaves 790 during drive times is early in the morning in Katy, when surprisingly I can't pick up 790 but can get 1560.