1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EC Quarter Finals #3: VBG vs Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Who will win in a 7 game series?

1. Yung-T

64.3%
  2. VBG

35.7%
  1. RedNation

RedNation Member

Only eleven. I stopped count after 34

2. AXG

AXG Member

Griffin isn't a great defender either. I also have Faried and Splitter who can match up against Griffin. But I needed a little more offense in the starting lineup.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, no point in drafting if you don't get Lebron or Dwight. Because apparently Dirk is a scrub now. Lebron on Marion + Garnett would dominate but Dirk is about the same level as Ersan ****ing Ilyasova.

I shoulda stayed retired from these things.

4. VBG

VBG Member

Next time I will draft on name value instead of game value.

5. RedNation

RedNation Member

Called it. . .

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Was the toughest Quarter Finals for me to judge, you would've won vs. many of the other guys and it was hella close. Had to vote for someone and think Chandler, Blake gave him a slight advantage frontcourt-wise.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm the one that debunked your name hyping and showed the actual history, maybe next time check the efficiency, stats and matchups of the players you wanna draft.

8. AXG

AXG Member

There was nothing fundamentally wrong with your team, but if there is a very close matchup, the team with the best player in the game usually wins. It was a very close decision though.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

missed this one two.

i think i would've voted for VBG tbh. I think Yung-T has a very athletic, mobile, well balanced starting lineup with very good defense, but I don't love his 5 position. Hibbert is a 28, max 30 MPG guy, he lacks stamina to play more than that, especially on such a speedy team. + he'll have to chase KG quite a bit. And once he sits, what then? Ed Davis is laid back on D, and he's no center. He's a small ball backup PF who rebounds well because the Raptors played Bargnani/Amir Johnson at 5. Ilyasova at 5 maybe?

Also, toughness is a question mark. Hibbert is soft-ish guy, and while he has a mismatch vs. KG (who's not a good man defender on centers), KG may simply punk him eventually.
    And overall it's a very young, very athletic, but not very experienced and not very tough team. LeBron and Ilyasova are probably the two toughest guys there, but I think a Haslem/Wade type tough vets would be great there somewhere.
    Very young. basically, it's LeBron + a bunch of 25 year olds and younger. Some have playoff experience, but not so much. Vs. a vet team like this, it's a disadvantage. And then VBG throws in Bradley-Collison off the bench for even more toughness.

I like how the talent matches together there for Yung-T (although I think another backup 5 or a higher stamina center would've been better... Noah?). But I don't love the intangibles going vs. a grizzled tough vet team like this.
    Obviously, LeBron would be awesome, but imo winning this might be too hard for him.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Threw in Davis for a possible smallball line-up vs. smaller teams, where I can run zone and run up&down with great athleticsm, passing and shooting.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agree with the vets thing, but all my guys(except for George this year) did well in playoffs and Bron, Conley are born leaders. Trust them. ;)

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

ahh, i see. well, i guess Ilyasova makes some sense at 5 with Davis at 4, when the backcourt is so athletic and can really run.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, will see who I face next. Really like the idea of a small ball unit with my players.

14. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, like completely ignored Garnett destroying everyone in the playoffs. People ignored Dirk because his team didn't do as well this year even though Shawn Marion was his second best player. Garnett is so underrated now its crazy.

Afflalo is terrible. Afllalo sucks. Paul George is awesome. Except Afflalo scores more points, more efficiently than Paul George. But Afflalo can't score at all. Paul George creates so much offense as the fourth option.

Hibbert like everyone else was slowed down by Garnett. Shot 35% and scored 11 PPG against the Celtics. Garnett clearly was chilling in the regular season but lets just ignore that because its convenient.

You really think you know stats when you just pick random defensive and offensive stats? Its pathetic.

Come back when you know good stats like RAPM which actually look at the effect a player has on the court rather than looking at basic stats that can easily be manipulated.

15. VBG

VBG Member

So basically get off your high horse. The only reason you won is because you got to draft Lebron and apparently that allows you to waste picks on players like Paul George.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea okay VBG...

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

At least lose with dignity and don't start such a sh!tstorm with random accusations...

18. VBG

VBG Member

No, I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't claim that I built my team without looking at matchups or stats because that is just stupid. Stop acting like you're the only one who knows any stats.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And when I show year long stats that debunk your whole "KG easily dominates Hibbert" or "Marion is the best Bron defender" theories it's suddenly useless and I'm the one being wrong, great.

Your whole theory was based on myths that can be easily be erased if you check the actual history of the player's matchups.

If you are really into stats you should've checked that before making up false statements and insisting that they are right.

20. RedNation

RedNation Member

Brahs 4 life guys