1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Case of the Disappearing Black Voter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Aug 31, 2012.

1. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

as long as karma doesn't swing around front where your face is, dutifully at work.

2. Refman

Refman Member

The economy is really bad for the middle class these days. The middle class has suffered the brunt of job loss and foreclosure. The vast majority of the foreclosure properties I see are between $100,000 and $250,000.

Saying that e economy is bad for the poor is ignoring a lot of problems in other strata.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

What's the point here Ref? We know it is bad for all but a few. glynch was talking about people who are barely able to rent in the best of times. He didn't say that the middle class had it great... he questioned the perceptions of people who were comfortable and listened to Fox all the time. I don't think glynch was ignoring other strata.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i'm going to go to milwaukee pay rent in an abandoned building so i can vote for obama

5. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

You know, this entire article is basically destroyed in the comments below it. I dunno why you'd bother reposting this nonsense.

As for the 60% figure being quoted.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

the case of the disappearing middle class person.

and

the case of the disappearing moderate republican politician.

7. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

This is probably not the place for you to be soliciting clients

1 person likes this.
  8. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

But it is Republican Convention time - you realize how much money there is to be made?!?

9. Refman

Refman Member

glynch, in his typical glynchness, made specific reference to our comfortable middle class views. You see, glynch apparently has a monopoly on understanding the poor. He doesn't. A good many people that I represented were conservative and watching Fox up until the point that their home was foreclosed on. As usual, glynch paints with an absurdly broad brush.

Perhaps glynch should brush up on the writings of Tytler about what happens to a democracy when the people realize they can vote themselves money out of the public treasury.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Glynch is wrogn on this one, a lot of the fox news/talk radio right wing hard core is hardly comfortable, they're basically slipping behind and so they take out their aggression on the next lowest folks on the ladder (poor & minorities).

11. glynch

glynch Member

12. glynch

glynch Member

Actually I was thinking more about posters like Basso the original poster of the theory that 40% of Milwaukee blacks are phantom voters ginned up by the leftist Dems.

I do agree how many of the humble Fox viewers are urged to take out their aggression on folks lower on the ladder.