1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP: Female body has natural defense against pregnancy in case of legitimate rape

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 19, 2012.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

How does that apply to me? I've not promoted anything but support services to aid the needy parent of that child whomever they might be...

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You are not pro-life. You are pro-birth. Breast cancer is funny to you, you vote for people that wage elective wars, you're pro death penalty, and you eat meat. You don't care about the unwanted kids when they're born. You just want to put women and doctors in jail.

Beyond that, I'm not getting sucked into another stupid argument over what Ted Nugent meant by "wetback" (you arguing it was a term of endearment) for 50 pages or even one more post. You are the honorary ass of the board.

3. giddyup

germane or abstain?

4. giddyup

Hey, dumbass or shall I say Crapped Crudesayer, my mother-in-law had a mastectomy a few years ago. I saw the TATAS bumper-sticker at her house three days go. I guess if she thinks it's okay, so do I.

You can distort until your heart gives out but pro-Life and pro-Choice are terms that are used in the discussion about abortion rights. I think you keep bringing up the other issues (meat-eating OMG!) in order to try and distract.

For example, does pro-Choice mean that you kill your neighbor if their music is too loud or their dog barks too much? I don't think so.... do you?

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Try Merriam-Webster

http://www3.merriam-webster.com/opendictionary/newword_display_recent.php?id=11905

Please go away now.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

facts are facts, and your fantasy is your fantasy.

I live in reality and truth, you live in the fantasy world that keeps you blind. Enjoy that world but it is not a world of rationality. I hope someday you can come to realize that.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I am glad to hear that you have changed your view because a couple of weeks ago you wrote this:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7095727&postcount=190
    If you are willing to now to support programs that make it easier for parents to raise children I give you a lot of credit for doing so.

8. giddyup

That only confirms what i have ever said.

After we stop killing the babies, someone has to raise them. It should be the parents. If they need help, they should get help. Government and Charity have always provided a safety net. If the child is given up for adoption, same deal for whomever steps up.

I think those remarks were made in response to some criticisms for my taking up the anti-abortion cause rather than some other social support cause. Why? Because first you have to stop the killing. Nothing is more important than that.

All these Choice people are all-too-happy to foist the "problem child" on the rest of society without holding the natural parents accountable.

Got this off my FaceBook newsfeed:

"One of the guys I worked with for several years had a girlfriend who was a single mother with 2 children. They had a child together. They filed their income taxes at different addresses as not to raise any flags, that way they both got the “earned income child credit”. They both got food stamps. She got “free” health insurance for her 2 kids thru Medicaid. To his credit, his child was insured thru our employer. At the end of the year, both these single parents got a check for about three thousand dollars.

Had they married, the earned income child credit would disappear, as would the food stamps, and the medicaid for 2 of the kids. They would become a family with a income of $40,000, rather than 2 single parents making $20,000 each. (my figures may be slightly off, but you get my point) Another guy I worked with would regularly turn down overtime because it would cut down his earned income child credit, which he counted on. These people might not be highly educated, but you better believe they know how to play the system. Can you really blame them?

Until these “incentives” change, it is a huge uphill battle to reduce fatherless households. My prayers are with you and your cause."

9. giddyup

The most irrational thing in this thread is your insistence that your definitions are not arbitrary indicators. You don't know what you don't know. Neither do I but I'm not recklessly destroying lives in my shallow assurance that I'm "right" about the humanity of fertilized eggs. Let me know when you pull a toaster out of some woman's birth canal.... as a result of pregnancy!

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Giddy, bolding your flip flop doesnt make it any less of a flip flop.

Please stop wasting your time with giddyup.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i understand where you are coming from in many many ways. but you simply can not tell a women what to do with her own body. you can deter in as many ways as you can with condoms, birth control, and information.

but it will never truly happen the way you want. you should focus on the alternatives.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i could have worded this post much better but i had my 2 year old son climbing on me while i was typing it ;)

13. giddyup

When did I ever flip-flop? I get criticized for never changing my tune and now I'm charged with flip-flopping.... so which is it?

14. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I have never pulled a toaster out of there, but there was a day that a couple of pop tarts flew out of there. It was a bizarre night. :eek:;):grin:

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I saw a bumper sticker today that said "may the fetus you save be gay"

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The government tells women what they cannot do wi their body every day. If yu do not believe me, just go to any urban jail. They cannot put drugs into it legally and they cannot take money for sex. Telling a woman she cannot take money to allow a man entry into her vagina is telling a woman what she can do with her own body. I agree that abortion should be legal, but this rationale just does not square with the various criminal laws we have that regulate what people can do with their bodies.

17. giddyup

Were the PopTarts warm? If so, go back for the toaster.

All kidding aside, the point is that all that has ever resulted from the birth process is a human child-- sadly sometimes having died in the process of gestation or birth. Most, however, are born live and healthy.

If there is a birth process, it began with conception so to try and separate the two as unrelated events is just self-serving with some other motive in mind.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So basically you are basing your opinion about giving aid to poor people form Facebook anecdotes.

19. Major

Major Member

Facebook anecdotes that aren't terribly accurate, either. But remember - this is the guy who routinely posted chain emails as though they were worth discussing and may be true.

20. giddyup

Uh-oh, the world is about to end. RJ is resorting to cheap shots. The FB anecdote came on the day I posted it. This particular discussion had gone on for days before that and similar discussions for years.