1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At the trade dealine, will the Rockets be after... Howard and Bynum?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

(1) Neither of these guys are gonna sign extensions and will instead become FAs in 2013 (the correct financial decision since extensions can only be for 2 or 3 years and new FA contracts can be for 4 or 5).

(2) Who knows how the season will turn out for each of them. Will Dwight Howard and Kobe get along? Will Steve Nash and Kobe have enough left in the tank? Will Howard and Pau be good together (remember, Dwight has never had a winning season playing next to a traditional big rather than a "stretch 4")? Now about Philly: How good will that team be? Do they have enough shooters around Bynum? Do they have adequate replacements for Iguodala, Lou Williams nd Brand?

It won't be entirely shocking if, by the trade deadline, at least one of these guys won't be entirely happy and will want out (particularly since this will be the only way for them to get the full 5 year deal with another team, or any max-level deal with a team without sufficient cap room).

Is it crazy to think Morey will be pursuing these guys later in the season?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

by my count, you are asking us 8 questions. Maybe 13 if we count each player as a different question.

I'll get right on it!

3. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Stop!! Please - just stop. :mad:

4. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah this thread is a combination of "too soon dude", some "waaaayyy too many questions", and a "can for a second we just talk about the Rockets actual team and not the "Who is wish were on the Rockets" team.

5. ooox

ooox Member

No chance in hell.

lmao let it go.

6. opticon

opticon Member

I think Dwight is a lock to resign in LA. Bynum on the other hand I think will be up for grabs if Philly does not get the under the table confirmation that he will indeed resign.

There is little to no benefit for a player looking for a max deal to agree to a SnT because of the lack of the 5th year.

By Feb Philly will know if he is staying or not Bynum's agent will make sure of it. Morey has all ready given the Philly front office a trade offer sheet for a deadline deal if Bynum does not want to resign.

7. jocar

jocar Member

Sources say Dwightmare III opening next summer will include an all new cast, reoccuring themes, and enhanced CGI

3 people like this.
  8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Howard stays happy in LA , Bynum on the other hand might be playing on one leg by then .

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

They will, if either guy hits the market, which I highly doubt.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If you're LA, you re-sign Dwight regardless. Another year may help them smooth out any issue on or off the court, and if it doesnt, then they can push out the other big 3, keep dwight, and build around him.

If they try and sign and trade Dwight, especially here, they'll just get young talent that's not as good yet, if ever. They're not going to get one player, of equal talent, to replace DH.

So, I don't see Houston going after Dwight, as he wont be available. Bynum? Definitely.

11. rocketseagles07

If you think Howard isn't re-signing in L.A... well I won't even comment. He never wanted to go there, but dwight loves attention, good looking hoes, nice weather, and more attention.... he's not leaving. Bynum is a possibility but I'm sure he will tell Philly he's going to "experiment" with FA but they have a chance to re-sign him. We wont be pursuing either one of these players IMO and if we do it will be Bynum.....

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

In a twisted way, I think Dwight will actually like Mike Brown. But didn't they say they would run the Princeton? How are they gonna fit Howard in there?

As for the OP's question(s), Morey will always try to trade for every player in the league. Why do you have to ask?

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think both resign with their respective teams, unless Brooklyn magically clears enough cap space to sign howard (that would be hilarious if the Lakers got the short end of the stick for once).

Bynum's from central jersey, and is now on a team where he gets to be the man. He'll be just fine in Philly.

14. J-Red

J-Red Member

I hope Asik and D-Mo turn out to be great players (Higher hopes for D-Mo on the offensive side) and we can all stop asking these questions about Howard (The "REAL" Big Baby) and Bynum (An injury prone head-case who's not worth the head-ache). Let's give these guys we have some time to develop and gel together and go from there. I'd honestly rather talk about what Lin had for a midnight snack at this point than deal with another Dwightmare scenario.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

16. rocketseagles07

co-sign 100%

17. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

According to sources with knowledge of Andrew Bynums thought process, you need to let this go. It's over dude. Embrace the talent we have in this squad

18. liveguy

liveguy Member

[​IMG]

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Many people who are from central Jersey can't wait to get as far away from central Jersey as they can.

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

If Kobe and Dwight clash, I think the Lakers would send Kobe packing.