1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Orlando got screwed again (i.e. Shaq)

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

He's not.

Don't believe nothing these dude preach 'round here.

They just knee-jerk angry today.

Once they see the bright-side, they'll be back on the bandwagon.....

Choke-city to Clutch-city.

That's them H-tizzle "fans" for you.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah, THAT JUST HAPPENED!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Did Orlando really have much of a say in all of this? You've got Dwight saying he'll only re-sign with Team X and then you've got Bynum saying he'll play with Team Y. The players hold way too much power and can dictate what team can do. The Lakers essentially stole Dwight, he's more than what they paid. Bynum has potential and might be really got at some point, but Dwight is good NOW.

In terms of the Lakers as a team now, they will be good if Nash, Kobe, and Gasol have something felt in the tank. I wouldn't say the Lakers are given to be winners. They have some question marks still. Though I know they are better today than they were yesterday.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are. Les knows it.

Asik is the bad contract now on the books. That really is a big question mark.

But you got to think...Orlando would have come back to H-town for what was really a better deal...unless H-town no longer had that deal on the table. That's entirely possible. And that would mean Les and Co were ready to rebuild.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Depends on what your definition of hot seat is.

Everything that happened before the Dwightmare unfolded, Morey got a lot of slack on. This is officially his team now. Every loss is 100% on him. The seat may not be hot, but the burner is now set to "on". Whether we got Dwight or not, it was going to be this way.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This is why i hate the lakers more than any other team, including the jazz...

They are entitled... they are the poster team of the nba(jerry west is even the logo)...

Out of curiousity can anyone tell me when or IF they have ever actually lost in a trade??????

8. houseofglass21

I don't see how the owners could have raised such a fuss about the Chris Paul trade last year when this is much worse and Stern allowed the Howard trade to go thru. Basketball reasons...

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Me too! I also have a fetish for camel toe!

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would've taken bad deals (cont.)</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/233930056156712960" data-datetime="2012-08-10T14:17:26+00:00">August 10, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>(cont.) and no need to take on Harrington contract.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/233930282577846272" data-datetime="2012-08-10T14:18:20+00:00">August 10, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Based on what I've been told Houston pretty clearly had a better offer -- including a guaranteed lotto pick. Frustrating day for Rox.</p>&mdash; John Hollinger (@johnhollinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/233933892753686528" data-datetime="2012-08-10T14:32:40+00:00">August 10, 2012</a></blockquote>

11. srrono

srrono Member

The NBA is gross. I am glad its football season. I love the Rockets I am just really tired of the NBA's crap.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I could be wrong, but he hasn't said a word. I feel for you man. Many people got their hopes up because he was so sure....99% sure.

13. luden

luden Member

There aren't very many teams that are good at rebuilding. Why are we so confident that we'll be good at it?

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

God, please don't let Morey take Gasol off of the Lakers's hands. That would be wrong on about 100 different levels.

#1614 topfive, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  15. redlawn

redlawn Member

Indeed. Now that Lin is on the team, I've been hoping God will hear me out a little more. These are not big requests!

16. RyanB

RyanB Member

Exactly
    unfortunately big markets are always winners
    even if they suck for a short period they quickly fix magically their problems and get back on the track:rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That one percent was set out just in case Hennigan went full r****d. Sadly, he did.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

LOL at citing players who've never played a minute of NBA basketball as examples of Morey's drafting greatness. If a guy has been your GM for 5 years and the only players you can use to back your claim that Morey's draft guru are players from the most recent draft who haven't played yet, that's a problem

Look. Morey's not a bad drafter. He's gotten some good players with low 1st and 2nds. Brooks, Landry, Budinger, Parsons. But those are 4 picks in 5 years, all role players, none of them special. He's been handicapped by drafting position, but for where he's drafted, he's been neither awful nor amazing. He's simply been adequate. And trying to use players who may or may not pan out as evidence that he's a great drafter is ridiculous.

19. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

20. redlawn

redlawn Member

Maybe Caron Butler for Kwame. Few and far between though.