1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not for dumping on Morey as a talent evaluator but this is his shot to prove it. These next two horrible years should lead to 2 great draft picks. If he can't nail one of those and find a franchise player then I'm comfortable trying someone else.

2. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not giving Morey a free pass but this point pretty much nails it on the head regarding Morey's future here...

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think I will be madder mid season if Patterson is getting more PT than Motie. our only chance is that we develop foundational player and the only two possibilities are Lamb and DMo.

4. Asian Sensation

THANK GOD College Football, NFL and FANTASY FOOTBALL are just around the corner.

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Don't worry clutchfans. Don't Worry. Seriously. Did yall see the Summer League? I don't know about everyone else, but our rookies were some of the best from summer league and tack on Lin/Asik deals. We still have a very young, but solid team. Maybe even playoffs. These guys will be motivated this year to prove people wrong and this year will provide a great learning experience. Then F/A 2013 will push this team towards contenders status.

A team can't just become great overnight. Its a process.

6. JD88

JD88 Member

Stern said, 'I can get you to LA, just give me a minute.'

7. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

It is actually fairly simple. It is called Position and Leverage. Any and all business owners understand this concept. The Lakers had Bynum who is the second best player involved in this trade therefore they should have to give up less than the other teams involved for that reason. It just so happens that the Lakers were in a good position and had the leverage in this particular trade.

That is the reason in its simplicity. I would have explained it in greater detail if I had the time. Hope this helps.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This....

better not happen. PPat is a bench player.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Remember when the Astros fired Gerry Hunsicker or let him leave? They were stuck with the successive Tim Poopoora and Ed Wade eras which set the franchise back 10 years.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The next two draft classes I'm not really worried about. We won't have a ton of time to evaluate them.

Patterson, Morris, Motiejunas, Lamb, White, Lin, Jones, Parsons and Asik are going to determine how I feel about Morey's competency.

If those guys suck and bomb out, no matter if Morey hits on a decent pick in 2013 or 2014, I'm still probably going to want him fired.

11. redlawn

redlawn Member

So did Rockets want to take on bad contracts or not? Realgm said otherwise.

12. carayip

carayip Member

Yeah and you know, Andrew Bynum aka the 2nd best center in the league who many people want to trade the farm for was drafted #10. :rolleyes:

13. redlawn

redlawn Member

Morey's competency had nothing to do with Dwightmare. Blame that on Dwight, not us.

14. passdarock

passdarock Member

Ego and injuries aside, Bynum is a solid (to put it lightly) player and great starting piece for championship team. He has playoff experience, skill in the low post, height, and a defensive presence in the paint. As for attracting other stars, let Morey worry about that.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

HaHa, this is so true, he must be so busy to do the party thing without a time to post some information about Howard's new uniform number here.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Why do you keep saying this? I'm not blaming Morey for the Dwightmare, I wanted Dwight, and I knew this could happen. C'est la vie.

I'm blaming him for how this team performs from now on. Understand?

17. claydavis

claydavis Member

i guess he really did lowball them. no contract taken back, probably only offering patterson and morris. they likely wanted montejunas and lamb at the very least

18. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I do remember that! And yes... I just threw up in my mouth thinking about the Rockets ending up like the Astros...

19. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

That tweet implies NO because Kevin Martin is an expiring contract worth $12M.

20. thekad

thekad Member

Hate to say I told you so, but many of us said from the beginning that this is how it would play out - with Dwight going where he wanted to go, the Lakers. That there was no way he was coming to Houston unless we gave up everything and even then he would simply leave in the summer because (altogether now) HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY HERE.

Maybe this board will listen to the people who preach obvious common sense next time instead of getting trapped in their silly fantasies.

*checks Lin thread*

Guess not.