1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Lin for Lillard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sigmund, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Would you trade Lin for Lillard?

1. Yes, but only without picks

12.4%
  2. Yes, but only for one first round pick

10.8%
  3. Yes, whatever it takes

41.7%
  4. No

35.1%
  1. catch22

catch22 Member

look at the date of joining, who is a troll

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I agree with this post. Having said that, sigmund is probably the most annoying poster i have seen in a while

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Enjoy your time here OP troll before the ban hammer hits you like DD

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lillard was a special talent before Sigmund created this....
    Lin on the other hand was never drafted, was cut couple times, therefore the feel good story.

6. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

You guys are in crack if you wouldnt trade Lin for Lillard. I don't know how good Lillard would be, but he's easily more skilled and talented than Lin in virtually every category. BTW, beasting for 25 games doesn't make you a proven commodity.

7. smr6

smr6 Member

The ignorance and misinformation is astounding in the OP.

The trade was NEVER going to go through. The Kings were waiting for the sole purpose of seeing if Thomas Robinson fell to them. They got the man they wanted and once he was there there was no way they were going to let that go.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

How many hours in the NBA has Lillard logged?

How many game winning shots in the NBA has Lillard made?

How many times has Lillard put an NBA franchise on his back and led them into the play-offs?

If your answer was anything besides zero then you are a sports idiot.

Lin has done all of those things so he is much more proven than Lillard. If you want Lillard more than Lin it is based strictly on potential and nothing else.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Show Lillards actual NBA game stats.....

Oh wait you can't.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If the best answer you can come up with is, Lillard hasn't logged any NBA minutes, then you shouldn't even post.

11. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

So Lin is not better than any euroleague PG, because he never played there. OK.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now you rush to Sigmund's side too?:rolleyes:

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

While he's unproven, it's not just potential. Lillard seems one of the safer bets, one of the most NBA ready players in the draft.
    His Summer League performance is not like Anthony Randolph or Morrow summer league a while back. Basically everyone expected Lillard to have immediate impact long before the draft. Noone is surprised by this.

It's interesting that some people wouldn't want the trade, but then again, I guess some are wary of rookies.
    To me, the whole idea is meaningless simply because it's another "lets ignore what the other team wants" trade.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

First off.... Sacramento pulled out of the trade for the 5th pick in the draft.... not Houston.

Second... Lin has not played a single game for Houston under his new contract, nor has Lillard played a single minute for Portland.

Sort of a random trade if you ask me, and certainly not thread worthy.

That being said, IF for some reason Portland wanted Jeremy Lin enough to give up their future prospect guard they just drafted I would certainly pick up the phone if I was Morey, but realize that Lillard hasn't done a thing in the NBA yet, while Lin(even in a short time) has really done some amazing things leading an NBA team against good competition.

Short answer is no, not at this time.

15. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Sigmund = LoH

Lin only Hater

Ban this idiot already.

16. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Even if you think Lin will turn into a scrub you know at least know 3 things:
    (1) He played at an All-Star level for a short period of time against actual NBA competition. You can argue about whether he ever reaches that level again, but we know he has at least that potential.
    (2) He has the work ethic to continue to improve. I don't see Lin eating himself out of the league (i.e. Curry).
    (3) He makes the team he plays for money. This even has indirect on-court implications.

With Lillard we only know he played well in summer league and college against sub-par competition. He did not play for a big-time college program and didn't play against top collegiate competition. He may have had good work ethic in college/HS, but you never know what happens to a player after they make NBA money. Furthermore, there are a ton of top 10 picks that never "beast" for 1 game in their entire career let alone 25 in their second season. Hell, you have top 10 guys that play themselves out of the NBA in 2 years or less.

Bottom line, if you are a risk adverse team owner/GM you surely would not be "[on] crack" if you would not make the trade.

17. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Not sigmund again...

We're all tired of your shiet.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes i would trade Lin for soon-to-be ROY, Damien Lillard

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, since the trade was never on the table, the Kings having their target fall into their laps before it could be consummated, the entire premise posited by the OP is supported only by his imagination. He didn't start a thread about the pros and cons of Lillard or Lin on the Rockets. He started a thread that's the product of his imagination. Anyone here could do the same thing, and it would be what this thread is. As jopatmc said, fantasy basketball.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets were never offered the #5 for Lowry.