1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Lin for Lillard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sigmund, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Would you trade Lin for Lillard?

1. Yes, but only without picks

12.4%
  2. Yes, but only for one first round pick

10.8%
  3. Yes, whatever it takes

41.7%
  4. No

35.1%
  1. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

25 NBA starts at 18/8

versus

0 NBA starts.

Yeah ok Lin isn't more proven than Lillard.

Stupid troll.

2. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

26/5/4 >18/8 with handful of turnovers

Disappointed to see that there is over 50% LOF's and people who lack basketball knowledge.

3. redlawn

redlawn Member

That's summer league stats. A few years ago, Jerryd Bayless was a considered a sure thing in summer league. Trailblazers let him go though.

4. carayip

carayip Member

Lillard's cheaper, yes. But he isn't even that much younger than Lin, something like less than 2 years younger, not much of a difference.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Gotta think this is a thread that will get bumped in a few years, one way or another.

hi future me

6. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

What a great idea! Let's tank the season before the season starts and trade Lin for an inknown commodity. Not smart.:p

1 person likes this.
  7. roxxy

roxxy Member

You can't even trade Lin for up to a year and not without his permission from what I recall.

8. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Lin can be traded after December 15.

Lillard is already better. He averaged 24.5 points on 15 shots, Lin averaged 18 points on 14 shots. Lillard is dead-eye shooter with deep range, 40% from 3PT, 90% from free throw line. That doesn't go away in the NBA. We all know Lin got suspect jumper and broken shooting form. Both can get to the line.

Lillard turn the ball over only 2.3 per game(9.8%), Lin 4.7 per game as starter.

Lillard will establish himself as top 10 PG next year and will have good shot to win ROY. Lin on the other hand is not top 10 point guard and won't be next year.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe in two or three years we will bump this thread and see that it was the best Sigmund ever created. I know it was only Summer League, but I've been high on Lillard for two or three years now, when he was on no one's list. He's been really consistent and seems to have the right mindset and skill package, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up the better player.

10. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

I would trade Lin for Lillard or Austin Rivers in a heartbeat

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

With the Asian vote? Not so bold. Remember Yao's first all-star berth.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Check your sarcasm detector.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Fantasy basketball

14. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Strong troll? Or strongly uninformed?

1 person likes this.
  15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Lillard looks good, but it's like saying that "lets trade Scola for #1 pick in the draft" idea will look smart.
    It's never happening.

Lillard+Matthews for Lin+Patterson? Lets get serious here. Why does Portland do it?
    They could've just offered a deal to Lin if they liked him that much. They didn't.
    They also could've offered the #6 for Kyle Lowry, who was being blatantly shopped. They didn't.
    Now they'll offer a #6 pick who looks solid, and a pretty good SG on a good contract to get Lin + Patterson?
    I saw this idea in the "trades" thread, but I honestly thought the OP was joking and didn't comment on it.

16. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Lillard is 0/0/0 In the NBA.

Unproven commodity.

Might as well post Lauren Jackson's WNBA stats and try to argue that she'd make a better NBA player than Lin.

Lin Only Troll.

Highly uneducated and pathetic one at that, you made an account and have dedicated your entire online life to berating Lin ever since the Rockets signed him LOL.

17. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

As a fan, I don't much mind either way. I chose to vote for Lillard (assuming a low cost)

but looking at it from a front office perspective; Lin is far superior. A large fanbase, capitalizes on the Asian connections of the rockets and is a good young PG projected to improve.

He allows us to rebuild, is responsible for significant income and makes us at least a borderline relevant team for other fans to pay attention too (was surprised by the lack of national coverage)

Lin really wins hands down at this stage for our organisation

18. catch22

catch22 Member

we should trade lin for a sack of potatoes

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

5 star thread. Would read again.

20. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Obvious troll is obvious