1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Youtube] Jeremy Lin videochat with 5 year old fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by underdog7, Aug 6, 2012.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Good things happen to good people. Linsanity! Proud to have you on our team.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

not so much for Yao Ming. :(

4. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

I think it's pretty clear that this boy has no basketball knowledge.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do love the truth...

6. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nmB24MnkpJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

Why are you doing this here? This is a class act move unrelated to his actual basketball skill. Go hate somewhere else and grow up.

8. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

I'm not hating, I'm telling the truth.

9. onreego

onreego Member

Who shat on your dreams when you were 5?

10. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Ignore Sigmund. Seriously, you're all feeding the troll.

Whether you like Jeremy or not, this was amazing. It wasn't for PR. He was just being a nice guy. Much respect to him

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You Knicks fans still bitter with losing Jeremy? Cheer up, you got Felton back!

I know people like you, you're hoping lin would fail as a basketball player since he's not in NY anymore. Typical crab mentality.

Since you've posted this video. Care to post all the video's where he beasted and single-handedly saved your team's season?

One bad game defines a player and negates all of the other great games he played? The kid was practically a rookie and had the entire globe watching him and he didn't only deliver, he beasted. Heck, even an established nba player tends to choke given the same limelight they gave Jeremy. Others would play mediocre to good but don't forget that he played GREAT even with all the international media/coverage.

A mediocre player would've easily succumbed to the pressure and choked or played decent at best. A player who performs at a high level given the situation (international media and tv coverage scrutiny) and is basically a rookie IS in fact something special. You and i know this. The only difference is, you're hurt and in denial and probably even envious.

We're lucky to be part of such a phenomenon. Whether he lives up to it in a Rockets jersey remains to be seen. But one thing is definite, Jeremy Lin is for real. He might not be a Magic or a Stockton but the kid played well and beyond what many of us ever anticipated and to neglect all that and say he would just be a so-so player moving forward is just dumbfounding.

12. Screw

Screw Member

Maybe we should ask Jeremy to skype with Sigmund to stop his crying

13. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Please. First of all, I am not Knicks fan. I was on the record about Lin during the Linsanity. He was averaging 6 TO and was playing no defense. He was lucky, because he had easy schedule with mostly non-playoff teams and bad road teams(Lakers, Mavs). Rondo dominated him(18/17/19, lock him D), Deron dropped 38 on him, Rose 32. Chalmers put him on lock. It wasn't just one game.

What bothers me is that I have to see five new threads about Lin every day, even though he is not even best Rockets player. Turnover prone, shoot first point guard who won't have Chandler to turn his bad passes into assists. Can't wait for new season, because Rockets will struggle and Lin will be the biggest reason why.

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Seems like a cute kid and everything, but WTF, somebody needs to tell the douche behind the camera to HOLD IT HORIZONTALLY. It effing destroys these videos.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You forgot that the Rockets have Chandler.... Chandler Parsons
    and FYI the truth is still Paul Pierce

16. RockSC

RockSC Member

I think Screaming A. got his points. Lin was exposed and played a terrible game. That was his worst game in his career. Melo and Stat did not step up to help Lin. I still think has to play enough bad games to say that he is not good enough. After all, he played way more good games than bad games. Sigmund definitely is trying hard to convince us with "a small sample size". We'll see though, if Lin can live up to his potential.

17. SunsRocketsfan

somebody needs to show the dad this PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.. SAY NO TO VERTICAL VIDEOS!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bt9zSfinwFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

SAS is the truth? Please Siggy, I want to learn how you brain works... fascinating.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Let me guess, come next season, everytime he plays good, you will never comment or applaud him. You'd just disappear from the threads or lurk.

But once he gets on a slump, you'd be pulling out the "i told you so" card.

You focus on the turnovers. You give importance to his bad game with miami. You only notice the negative things about him. Why?

Jeremy Lin was basically a rookie when he did all that and saved the Kncks season. He did all those under massive pressure with almost the entire globe watching his every move.

Heck i would get 5 of your loved ones to watch you play a pick up game and you would **** your pants and throw airballs on the court. Let alone playing in Madison square garden infront of thousands of passionate Knicks fans and millions of nba fans on tv and he still out perform star players and legit nba veterans.

Point is, a normal less talented player wouldn't have delivered. Not even close to what he achieved. He carried a depleted Knicks roster on the biggest stage and one of the most, if not the most well documented series of games in the entire NBA history and left everyone in awe.

Now tell me, how the heck does a mediocre player do all that? For you he's a scrub. Then why haven't i seen a single regular so-so player accomplish the same feat in all my years watching the NBA?

I'm saying this not as a Rockets nor a Jeremy Lin fan but as a normal human being who has seen all the facts. Because honestly, at the rate you are going, neglecting what people have accomplished and pin them down with what you see and believe as overwhelming negative proof, you're clearly a hater.

You're someone who just goes in here and post any thing you want to believe in and with an overblown sense of how important your opinion is in relation to those of others.

I've never argued and almost at all costs avoid getting into an argument in here but i have seen your posts over and over and it's the same nonsense. You are lucky we have a very patient moderator in Clutch who hasn't banned you yet because you obviously just come in here and troll in all the Lin threads.

I don't know you personally and would never even bother going there but seriously man.. Get a life. Open your damn eyes and read all your posts. If you're doing all this for one single intention and that's to troll then i test my case.

Good luck with what you're doing and let's see where it would lead you.

1 person likes this.