1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official 2012 Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What's the problem?

[​IMG]

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

it has vitamins that you don't want to lose!

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

based on gabby's 15.033 (15.066?) and aly's 15.133 and the fact only 2 out of 60 qualifiers apparently went over 15, komova's routine didn't really look like a 15.36 or better. on the floor exercise you seem to lose a point just for showing up.

and i'm not sure why the tiebreaker for 3rd was throwing out the low score. why is screwing up worse a good thing? although if aly doesn't screw up the beam then that doesn't matter. about halfway through her beam routine i was thinking how much i liked watching her because she wasn't flashy but always seemed really steady. and then about 5 seconds later she almost fell to the floor.

good to see phelps get the individual medal.

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

How would you know that the girl pissed in the pool?

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I just somehow found this thread (and forum for that matter)

while watching the rebroadcast on the West Coast, I just heard a Romanian doing her floor routine to a really cool arrangement of 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' in the individual all around...

she should have been given bonus points for that alone...

there have been some other cool British songs that have been featured as well.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Wasn't in the pool, it was on the starting block... and because she told everyone.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Have to love Aly Raisman's music choice, too.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

(and because she was sitting on your lap)

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

no, but funny story. Same girl was sitting on a friends lap during a meet, he had a white towel wrapped around his waste (I'm sure you can see where this is going). She gets up, red spot right where she was sitting.

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think we may learn more about his London extracurricular endeavors in 9 months. :p

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBnhd4ngwEo?version=3&amp;hl=zh_TW"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBnhd4ngwEo?version=3&amp;hl=zh_TW" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Embarrassing.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You know i don't give a F about you and your sorry azz hater-parade on me.

You couldn't even bring a proper argument against me on this one, just one dumb word with no meaning in this context.

If you think majority of athletes are clean you should stop reading fairy tales and believing milk+hard work only make you the best athlete in the world.

Now please stop replying to my posts and get on with your life.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

PS You on my ignore list now, so don't even bother typing.

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

You expect him to prove something that you have shown no proof of whatsoever? Then you get the last word in and put him on ignore...pretty weak bro.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Chong Wei Lee won in Men's Single in Badminton semi-final for Malaysia!!!!

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Talk about the biggest PMS in probably the history of clutchfans.

You managed to use that one post that consisted of one word, and come up with probably the most irrelevant rant ever in the history of forum posting. Not only did you manage to come up with a strawman argument regarding a point I never made, but you somehow managed to convince yourself that I've been following you around.

First of all, if you don't want your posts to be replied to, then go write a blog or something. Second of all, this is the only post I made in this entire thread, I have no idea how you even came up with the idea that I've been constantly replying you.

Thirdly, as already mentioned, you don't seem to understand how arguments work (going by this thread you don't seem to know how anything works). If you are asserting a premise or proposing an argument, it is not on others to come up with proof against it but instead on you to come up with proof to support it. Have you heard of "proving a negative"? Probably never. Can you prove to me right now that there isn't a giant invisible floating penis above your head that is constantly ejaculating intangible sperm on you?

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Quoting this so maybe he'll respond to his outlandish accusations.

Del Po vs. Federer is a great match going on now. No tiebreaker for the final set. Fed got his first break against Del Po, was gonna serve for the match, but then Del Po broke back against Fed. Now back on serve and 14-14.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Dang, Fed goes up Love-40 on Del-Po's serve to earn 3 break points. Del Po wins 5 straight points with strong serves to hold the game. Clutch play.