1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Official 2012 Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 6, 2012.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just saw the interview with Kayla Harrison and while I am happy to see Ronda Rousey's success I am glad that it was Kayla winning the first US Gold. I was rooting for Rousey in 2008 and thought she had a great chance but Harrison is a better spokesperson for my sport.

I'm also glad to see Jimmy Pedro having a part of it after being World Champion, bronze medalist in both Sydney and Athens but not able to get gold. Couldn't have happened to more deserving and greater people!

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya i prefer not to win like that. the little girl on the right got jacked by those judges, plain and simple. no way she deserved that low score on her flawless floor set, which was also the most technically difficult of all the competitors

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

lol Lochte gets Bronze on the 200M backstroke. Tyler Clary gets gold for the U.S.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Update

5. ItsMyFault

Phelps takes gold in the 200M IM over Lochte who gets Silver. Damn. That was a great race.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I really wish Phelps would change his mind and go again in 4 years. Would be awesome to see him go for 20 Golds.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

People were hating on Phelps claiming he is washed up, but he is quietly putting up another superior effort at the Olympics. Lochte is a choke artist this year.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

he will.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lochte looked really rattled after that earlier loss, i forget what the competition was... that's the difference between the two. When phelps loses, he just acts like he slacked off, not that he wasn't good enough, which is probably true most of the time, if not all.

Yeah, i think he'll want to come back once the time gets closer to it. He can just concentrate on a few events, who knows, that could actually make him better, at least in those events, and blow away the competition.

10. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Depends on the financial balance sheet of Phelps.

11. ItsMyFault

We'd get to see it live also on TV unlike these olympics. These streams on NBCOlympics.com are garbage. Not only are they behind by a few minutes, but they lag a lot too.

Spain and Great Britain down to the wire in basketball. 3 pt game.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

First they foul quickly and then not quickly enough....wtf

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Phelps has more medals swimming than some countries have had since the medal onset...that is freaking crazy...

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Unsure as to why Carmelo can't seem to do this with the Knicks...

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, it's not like he's got better teammates and a closer three point line right now....damn you Melo!!

[​IMG]

16. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

please. there are countries without even one. :mad:

17. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

i assume you were talking about gold.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

haha...i'd put odds of somebody from nigeria taking a cheap shot before the game is over at about 1/1 right now.

the announcers missed one of the nigerian players deck melo and get called for an offensive foul a couple minutes ago.

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Americans been desperate for GOLD for Gymnastic since 1996. So now they are buying/bribery it this year. Pretty obvious with the Gymnastic bribery practice since who know when.

20. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Democratic India?