1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we are trying to trade Martin...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jhagerdorn, Aug 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jhagerdorn

jhagerdorn Member

Shouldn't the Rockets try and get Barbosa? It sounds like he would come Very cheap(and on a short term deal) so that when/if they trade Martin, they would still have depth at the 2?

Just a thought cause he is still just turning 30 and he can still score.

1 person likes this.
  2. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

WTF did I just read?

3. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

11 posts over 2 years and this is what you choose to say??

being nice: He will probably want to go to a contender where he is needed. Not a young team that wont make the playoffs.

being honest: are you kidding me? Barbosa?? first off he's a bench player. hes old. our team is young. We dont want anyone in front of Jeremy Lamb to impede his progression and growth. We wont be competitive, there would be no reason to add a veteran like that... Seriously, we need to start looking at who can start threads its getting ridiculous

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Get off his ass, it's a decent idea. Especially since he mentioned as depth. He didn't say bring him in to start. I'd like to bring him in on a 1 or 2 year deal, if his price is too steep I'd pass though. Obviously, this is all under the pretense that we've traded for Dwight, which means that we're in 'win now' mode, and most likely Lamb goes to ORL in that deal.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Oscer Torres

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

get picks, even 2nd round picks would be enough.

cut Barbosa if he was involved.

7. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

random trade idea....

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Big ballers line up

Charles Jones
    Chucky Brown
    Sam Mack
    Oscar Torres
    Scotty Brooks

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

hes either gonna get waived or traded for picks

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not the worst idea in the world. It would fit McHale wanting a 'vet presence'. (Isn't that what he said or what he wants?)

Reportedly the Lakers might be interested, are interested(?) and reportedly LB wants a multi-year deal.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

this.

he wouldn't start over Lamb anyway, he's not THAT good anymore. He's an average backup combo with declining skills, decent depth option at something like 4 mil / 1 year.

and i don't know that he will go to a contender at any price. he's still young, he's not one of the guys with 100 mil in career earnings, he'll make the best career decision.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

why so angry? vitamin deficiency?

13. arjun

arjun Member

there is absolutely NO reason to bring in barbosa...i mean...SERIOUSLY i cant think of even 1 good reason.

14. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

But then we'd have to get started on trading Barbosa.

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I would have loved to see Barbosa on the team had we kept Dragic. Dude can flat out run down the other end and finish. Damn good shooter too. I would rather have Barbosa over Douglas. He would have come cheap and would have been good for our compete and rebuild at same time plan we had going last two-three years.

Teams gone different direction now.

16. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I would rather see what Martin can bring to the table this year and either trade him at deadline or wait and do a sign and trade with him and let lamb take over next season...I believe Martin is going to have a huge season and silence alot of people but unfortunately he isn't going to stay anyways so lamb will be starter next season...get picks or a solid young player with potential

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

only if Iverson is unavailable

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

are you serious....

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the guy is a black hole. once the ball enters his grasp, it is never seen again. Yes, he can score, but he's not a very good basketball player

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

As serious as practice