1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard's plan to sign w/ Dallas next year makes trade from Orlando problematic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by slothy420, Jul 26, 2012.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

That might actually be a good deal. Bobcats could send Bismack and Gilchrist. Dwight would sit out. Bobcats could get at minimum the number 4 lottery pick. And try to trade that a team to build around him.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. I don't think we'd get that far, but I just didn't want to get blasted and get labeled a hater for saying we'd get bounced in the 2nd round if we got Dwight and Orlando's grabageto go with some of our young guys.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Seriously...I think the entire city is ready to move on from Dwight...cant try keeping a guy here that really doesnt want to be here...Deron only stayed in with the NETS because the NETs moved to NY...you think if it were still in NJ that he wouldnt be on the Mavs roster???

Seriously...who cares now...I know for a fact that I will boo his candy a$$ if he ever plays in houston...this is disgusting, and sickens me to think that this is a professional league...Bryant was right...there are very few players like that left in the league...players with character...players now days are just entitled...

4. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Sounds very conspiracy-theoryish to me, but I haven't heard of a better reason for the lack of respect for HOU coming out of Dwight's camp.

Yep. It would totally suck to lose those 'assets' for essentially nothing, potentially setting our franchise back several more years, although, I think ORL is in a similar situation where they are going to lose DH for vitually nothing AND be stuck with a bunch of crappy contracts. I just want this whole situation to get resolved and soon, although, I'm starting to get the feeling that it won't happen until the trade deadline.

5. ejarts

ejarts Member

have fun living in Dallas TX, where NOTHING happens. fk him. seriously. he will never earn back the respect of people after his whole drama. it will go down as one of the most ridiculous sports drama ever and I don't want Houston to be mentioned in the same sentence. he's just the black guy version of Blake Griffin. just athletic, no fundamentals. F HIM.

6. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

For Rocket fans this is perfect we need Dallas to have a top12 team for 5 years and then suck so when their pick becomes unprotected we can reap the benefits. I bet Murray is scouting middle schoolers as we speak

7. onreego

onreego Member

Dallas? Really?

If anything, Dwight should blame Dallas for all his problems. Hell froze over, Dallas won a chip that eventually ended in a lockout that lead to a new CBA. Thus, making it harder on him to get what he wants.

Blame Dallas Dwight...Blame Dallas.

8. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I'm not sure about this. Dan Fegan represents Kevin Martin and Courtney Lee as well. He also represents NeNe, who would have signed with us if the trade for Pau would have gone through.

Cuban has shown a willingness to throw a lot of money at anything and everyone. Les makes Morey cut everything to get under the tax just about every year, to me that tells me he is more frugal with his money.

I think if Dwight can't get to the Nets or Lakers, he going to go for the best pay day he can get, under the table or anything else. Les isn't going to pay out unless he's getting a big slice of the pie.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Not at all. Agents do that: If you don't (over)pay my client, I'll steer the rest of my clients away from you in the future. Very common.

I'm not good with the SEARCH feature, and it'd go back a ways, but I think Shandon Anderson was one example with us.

EDIT: I think KevMartin is also a Fegan client. No extension. Doesn't help.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

If we give up good, promising young players and your scenario comes to fruition, you guys are going to be one pissed bunch.

Time to move along.

11. thewaterox

thewaterox Member

I don't want him anywhere near the Rockets. I'd have to take a shower after watching the Rockets play with Howard in red. Unless the NBA can make a rule where you have a Star Tag and a limit on each team there will always be super teams. The NBA is becoming MLB where the Yankees and RedSox pick up an extra Star every season to add to already Star studded rosters like Ichiro being traded to the Yankees. In basketball where the rosters are much smaller one extra Star goes a long way. Fans won't pay good money to support a league where the championship is going to one of three teams every year. I'm not going to start supporting Miami or the Lakers I'll watch something else first. My prediction the NFL will become even more dominant in American Sports.

12. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

You may be angry but a black version of griffin?

He is a way better defender and rebounder than griffin and he does have a better postgame than griffin.

I see your trying to make a point of your frusturations but such points cannot be taken seriously when statements like the above are made.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When it all comes down to it, Dwight can pout and whine and demand whatever he wants, but the fact of the matter is that he has nobody to blame but himself.

All he had to do was opt out of his contract, become a free agent, and he'd be in Brooklyn. Plain and simple.

14. DieHard Rocket

If Dwight actually signs/wants to sign with Dallas he is dumb beyond comprehension.

If he's lucky he'd get one shot at a title before Dirk is done and then he'll be worse off than he is now in Orlando.

15. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Tell us how you really feel

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not even mad. Come on Morey, trade for Howard!!

I will call his bluff all the way till the end. Our young talent might be good, might not be good. Howard is already good. I'll take that risk and run with it.

Lets go Morey, get us Howard!

17. CDrex

CDrex Member

Lowe's take on it.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/07/26/dwight-howard-still-wants-out-from-the-magic-but-his-options-remain-limited/

18. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Thanks for sharing, CDrex.

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid (as my name would imply), but doesn't it seem like every time HOU shows interest in someone (be it a player or coach), DAL is always right there going after the same guy(s)? Does anyone else get the feeling that the Mavs have a mole somewhere in the Rocket's front office - or is that just the nature of the NBA... we don't seem to have that problem with any other team (except maybe Portland).

How's that for a conspiracy theory, lol ;)

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I hope you learn to sweat in Houston, beotch.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member