1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game plan change? (Bynum)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Actually, Bynum does want to stay in LA. If he had a choice, he'd pick LA over HOU. He knows in a few years when Kobe retires, the Lakers will be all his. I don't see LA giving up Bynum unless it's to get Howard.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

From Berman.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah I did no think about that part...but the thing I think will still happen is the 3 way between us LA and Orl... I was thinking the cap room my be a threat to both LA and Orl to get the deal done. Without us giving up a few of the players we really like.

like I said...I have been following this pretty close and I believe this is the attitude of our front office. I may be wrong about some of the scenarios of getting it done or how it can happen...but I see Bynum and keeping lamb and Donuts as the new endgame.

4. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Don't have one but it was right after the report came out from CBSSport.com (BLOG) that stated that all these other teams are OK. A report the following day came out where his agent said that those places are not being considered and the he wants to stay in LA. So the argument was made that the places on the list are the places with cap space and that a rumor was started because he will command max salary.

Anyhow, I trust the word of his agent through sources more than a CBS blog with anonymous sources.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I wouldn't mind this at all.

6. megastahr

never saw that...that was in reference to you Cleveland...get your facts straight before making a counter argument. I am not saying you are incorrect, but what you are referring to was in direction relationship to rumors that he had already informed the CAVS that he would go there.

There was never mention of his comments to the rockets in that article from his agent.

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

If we could get bynum without giving up lamb, it would be all goood.

8. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

Bynum seems to have a too big ego, + very immature (remember the games vs the rockets last year ?) dont want him, 'd rather let the young guys play and draft a C in next draft

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well that info is no correct when it comes to Lamb. His signing has not been completed and official.

10. megastahr

how do you know this...cause berman and 610 reported it this morning.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bynum won't make it to FA. Well he may, but only to re-up with LA.

Not true. Speculation at best.

Last week, Lee told ESPNLosAngeles.com that it would be "foolish" for any team to trade for his client without first speaking to Bynum to gauge his interest in signing an extension or long-term contract.

The Lakers so far have not granted the Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, Magic or any team permission to speak directly with Bynum or his representatives.

Again, no he hasn't. Bynum has said nothing. Bynum unhappy? Not true either. Bridge irreparable? Wild speculation! Slow down there.

Bynum has been the subject of trade rumors for most of his career and is somewhat used to them by now. Although it gets tiresome, Lee reiterated that any notion this latest round of speculation would sour him on the Lakers is incorrect.

"I haven't heard him say anything negative about the Lakers."

Read on, read carefully before posting.

Last week, Lee told ESPNLosAngeles.com that it would be "foolish" for any team to trade for his client without first speaking to Bynum to gauge his interest in signing an extension or long-term contract.

The Lakers so far have not granted the Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, Magic or any team permission to speak directly with Bynum or his representatives.

Lee also denied that Bynum had a list of preferred destinations, saying he and Bynum chuckled when they read reports while on vacation in Alaska last week indicating he already had made such decisions.

However, sources have told Broussard that Bynum likely would not sign an extension anywhere else but with the Lakers this summer because it benefits him financially to wait until after the season so he can get a longer, more lucrative deal.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Rockets haven't announced it. They announced White and Jones' signings only.

13. megastahr

Understood...The houston comments were almost a week before that cavs comments...and no rebuttal was mentioned from bynum or his agent...the article you are referring to was from an interview with the agent where he was directly asked HAS BYNUM AGREED TO GO TO THE CAVS! ...houston was never mentioned.

Just because lakers havent given houston permission to talk with them means nothing...if he has made a statement on his own...which was reported by sources close to bynum. It was almost accepted nationally that he was okay with houston. I actually read an article where it said that he liked the idea of being the man, and to work under mchale.

Once again I am not saying that you can not provide me proof that they have said those reports were false...but I have not found one...and I looked.

And what you posted is completely unrelated to the comments of bynum going to houston...you just pulled out a piece of the article and misused it, and avoided all the context of what the comments were in reference to.

14. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

That article explicitly stated that he did not want to leave LA.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't bother with megastahr. Bynum is coming to Houston according to him! Woo!

Terrible thread. 1 star. Vote it down. Ban thread, delete user.

1 person likes this.
  16. megastahr

Ok well thats fine...but being open to Houston and not wanting to leave LA are not completely contradictory.

I am not sure whats up with people on this board, like you and JR, that feel like its their job to run down posters by belittling and desperately trying to discredit/disprove.

If you are going to bother doing this...as annoying as it is...at least have some conclusive evidence and not grasping at straws or taking comments completely out of context.

Just like commenting on me posting the hoopsworld tweet...when I clearly stated that yes...this is hoopsworld... (no need to point that out)... but that many others also said the same thing.

He was by no means the first and was just posting after the news had already broke...as if he was always in the know. (which even further confirms my point)

17. megastahr

lol...way to go buddy...cant win the debate so you resort the child like rants...how are you still on this board?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

How are terrible posters like you still around?

I debated your points, you refused them, nothing more to see here.

Where did Bynum say he would consider signing with Houston? You're referring to that list(Cleveland, Dallas, Houston) aren't you?

Where did Bynum 'already said he's willing to sign here.'?

You said he is unhappy and that his relationship with LA is apparently so bad, that it's irreparable. Agent said not true. He hasn't soured on LA and has nothing bad to say about them. Furthering my point, why would his agent and the Lakers GM sit down and talk contract if Bynum is unhappy?

There is no list of teams. Not Cleveland, not Houston, not Dallas, not anyone. LA. That's it.

Bynum likely would not sign an extension anywhere else but with the Lakers this summer because it benefits him financially to wait until after the season so he can get a longer, more lucrative deal.

19. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

THIS THIS THIS!!! I would rep you if I could.

Finally someone has some common sense when it comes to the 3 way trade with HOU, LAL and ORL. ORL is not going to deal Howard for less than what the Rockets have on the table already.

Its not going to happen. We would offer less if we were getting Bynum and Howard was going to LA. LA has absolutely nothing to add to our package going to ORL and they don't have anything to give us for helping them get Howard. Whoever leaked that trade proposal to the media obviously didn't put much thought into it but on the other hand I guess it still has about 99% of fans and media believing that there is a possibility of this trade happening. SMH

PS. fixed it for you :p

20. nono

nono Member

I absolutely don't want to take on the ****ty contracts of Richardson and Turkeyglue for Andrew Bynum. Please do not do this Morey. Years of tanking can be destroyed by one stupid trade.