1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. tefunk

tefunk Member

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Cough Jason Kidd. Cough Tony Parker

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

4. Jimes

Jimes Member

Hmm, are you imposing your belief on me? ;)

All I've heard from his quotes are about his own faith, so not sure that counts as proselytizing anyway.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You are entitled to your own opinion as well, but I'd much rather my sons not have to hear any reference to religion at all when watching sports. Equally I hope not to have to explain other athletes indiscretions. I can point to plenty of high quality athletes who dont reference their faith or run into trees because of drunk driving. But there's no need to move this thread to D&D. I was just randomly interjecting a comment!

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

the " # "

8. Arthurprescott2

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Jeremy Lin took some time with Marcus Thompson II to talk about his offseason experience as well as Linsanity: “As he looks back on the craziest year he could imagine, Bay Area native Jeremy Lin had no choice but to concede to the truth of hindsight. He did let Linsanity go to his head. ”If I’m being honest, in some ways, yes,” Lin told this newspaper in an exclusive interview. “I fought it every day. But I think subconsciously, it had its effect, everyone catering to you. People were saying only good things for so long that when people said negative stuff, it was like, ‘Whoa, what’s going on?’ “ After Lin signed a three-year, $25 million contract with Houston, a lot of negative stuff was said. He’s selfish. He’s all about the money. His ego is out of control. And, to top it off, many deemed him a basketball fluke who already has maxed out on the court. Despite it all, Lin is happy. He said he’s thankful for his time in New York, the ride of a lifetime. He said he’s eager about his future in Houston and the possibilities with his new team.”

10. luden

luden Member

nice! is this made by a fan or something that'll get put on shirts/merchandise?

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Yuck. We need better shirt designers

12. littletigers10

How come all these rockets' jerseys and shirts soooooo ugly? I thought someone posted here some really nice designed ones... will those be used by rockets?

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

They sure are ugly.

14. linisthetea

linisthetea Member

damn Houston. Get this **** sorted out. As much as I stan Lin I can't be seen wearing those atrocities.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Stop quoting him, I vomit every time :grin:

16. linisthetea

linisthetea Member

They should hold a fan t-shirt design contest and post it on tumblr or something. Anything is better than what they have on offer there.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The one and only scenario you need is when they lose in the playoffs, doesnt matter which round. They will scapegoat lin for not being there and will boo as usual.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't think they will boo Lin to be honest. The majority of NYkers like him. There will be a few people booing him but most will cheer.

19. AFS

AFS Member

I dunno, the MSG crowd just looks for excuses to boo people. They booed isaiah thomas. They'd boo jeffries. They booed D'antoni a few times. Toney Douglas got booed several times too.

Pretty sure they're gonna boo Lin.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Well they had reasons to boo all those people right. Isaiah because of his name, Jarred because he missed layups (but they loved Jarred this season from what I heard from my bf), Dantoni because they feel he was a bad coach and TD because he isn't very good. Don't really think that they have a reason to boo Lin as much as those guys. But I could be wrong. The crowd is very bi-polar that is for sure.