1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting in Colorado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dockerland, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You should have quoted that one then I would not have had a clever comeback.

Noble but you would have likely just made the people around you massive targets. Without a gas mask you would have had no vision.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Along with blurry vision and gasping for air (tear gas).

ILoveRockets? Have you ever been exposed to tear gas? You just don't get over it in 2 minutes. You're coughing and tearing for and hour if not longer.

1 person likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

That article is from 2 months ago.

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. ILoveTheRockets

I find it humorous that our government bust pot growers all the time for buying materials to grow mar1juana a little at a time, and have active databases for this. But a guy buying explosives, swat gear, military gear, weapons, commercial firework blasting caps, etc. goes unnoticed? All while not having 1 lick of licenses for any of it.

I challenge any one here that has the funds to attempt to go buy what this man had on him, and in his apartment and see how far you get. Even living here in Texas where the laws are little more laxed than the rest of the country, you'll still have to jump through red-tape to get this equipment, online or in person.

6. ILoveTheRockets

I am not dismissing this, but tear gas is more effective in smaller enclosures than inside of a theater with 70 other people breathing it in. Some people will have been more exposed to it than others. And with the exit door open, and people going out the entrance door in the room. the venitilation system would downgrade the effectiveness of the gas. That's why cops shoot in more than 1 canister of tear gas in bigger area's. 1 canister will not cripple 70 people. just won't.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The first responders couldn't even get in the room to help the dying people without masks Rambo.

8. ILoveTheRockets

Rambo? I guess you don't know tear gas is about the same as OC Spray. It's annoying as **** and burns, but doesn't mean you can't take it. And I'm sure the first responders wore mask just in case it was more than just tear gas. Yeah tear gas ****ing sucks, but to say someone in the theater when it happened who could have been legally carrying a gun couldn't return fire because tear gas was thrown is just plain dumb. It really is.

I been sprayed with high grade OC Spray, much worse than tear gas, and I was still able to think and function, and that was sprayed at a much closer range than most of the people exposed got.

9. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

This has nothing to do with being naive and everything to do with applying a bit of common sense. Let me entertain your paranoia for a bit. What level of 'Government' are we talking about? I've seen some mention of the FBI in previous posts (oh no, they may be monitoring certain terms on the Internet!), so tell me what level of the FBI? Did the Department of Justice know about this? Was it a rogue Special Agent helping the shooter in his plans?

As for motives, based on what I've read so far, I'll say the shooter was a recluse who didn't know how to have normal social interactions. That he resented others who received attention for the wrong reasons and felt slighted for not being recognized for how smart he was. He surrendered because he wanted to see the media frenzy surrounding his actions. I'll stick with him being a crazy dude, and not a manufactured one.

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

11. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

12. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

There are things out in this world that you will never understand and this shooting is one of them. It truly breaks my heart watching the coverage.

President Obama about give a speech...

1 person likes this.
  13. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Lil Wayne funded the operation. Now we know the source of the money. It's not muslim terrorists or the feds. It's black gangsta thugs trying to kill off whitey. He was a good enough shot to kill exactly 12 people and only put the other ones in intensive care. How did he know exactly 12 of the 70 people shot would survive and not bleed to death? The shooter was well taught by Lil Wayne and his army of thugs.

#554 BetterThanEver, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know when even Casey thinks it is a terrible idea to shoot back that it most definitely is a terrible idea to shoot back.

16. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

This.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

RIP to all involved. Just so so sad.

As an aside, Colorado is a great and awesome state - i don't know why this happens there.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

edit: response to conspiracy theory deleted, maybe moved to D&D.

thoughts and prayers to the community of Aurora.

#558 B-Bob, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  19. Grape_Swisha281

omg.. yall ever seen the movie Rampage? its on NetFlix but any who this is exactly what the shooter did in the movie dressed the same way, same guns and started (while in real life it ended soon) and drove away in his white car (James was sitting in his white car when arrested) this is a copy cat world and im glad hes alive because he needs to be studied... RIP Colorado Victims

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I can't believe they're showing his trial on TV and streamed online. The kid got exactly what he wanted, fame. Way to go media.