1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Jeremy Lamb score 15+ PPG as a rookie?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 22, 2012.

?

Will Jeremy Lamb average 15 plus points per game as a rookie?

1. Yes

269 vote(s)
    82.3%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Considering the team that the Rockets have (minus Kevin Martin) and if given the green light and about 35 minutes a game could Jeremy Lamb score 20 plus points a game as a rookie?

Just to be clear I already know the guy would get absolutely tourched on defense but I'm just curious about what posters think about Lamb as a pure scoring weopon.

Notable players scoring average in their rookie season:

Kevin Durant - 20 ppg
    Dwayne Wade - 16 ppg
    Lebron James - 20 ppg
    Carmelo Anthony - 21 ppg
    Eric Gordon - 16 ppg
    Derrick Rose - 16 ppg
    Chris Paul - 16 ppg
    John Wall - 16 ppg

Lamb has the complete set of weopons to work with on the offensive side of the ball. The guy can score in absolutely any way. The Rockets roster is full of youth but the only real veteran on the team is Kevin Martin who of course plays the same position that Lamb plays. And before someone says it I know all of those guys are top 5 draft picks and Lamb was only picked at 12, I still think this guy has the potential to be an elite level scorer and I think he very likely will be someone that averages over 20 ppg once he gets starters minutes and has a year under his belt.

2. jvu

jvu Member

20ppg but allows 30ppg

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Lamb will definitely score more than 16 ppg. He's going to be a leading ROY candidate but won't win because he'll get votes taken away by his own competing team mates.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not sure if he has the conditioning to last him the whole season. 82 games is a tough grind without the right attitude and preparation.

5. crash5179

He just seems to move and score so effortlessly. I don't think conditioning will be an issue at all for him. I do expect that he will hit the rookie wall just like most rookies but I think his conditioning will be great.

6. crash5179

Definite possibility! :grin:

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wouldn't worry about him scoring honestly, seems like a natural Martin clone

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I think he can.

Hell, if Tyreke Evans can score 20ppg in his rookie year, despite all his deficiencies on the offensive end. I think a guy as offensively gifted and efficient as Jeremy Lamb can manage 15 ppg in his rookie year.

9. AFS

AFS Member

Really depends on what kind of a role he plays on the team and how many minutes he gets. If he gets the touches, I think he could exceed 15.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I love the way it's just a complete foregone conclusion that martin is gone.

Anyway, with tankathon in full effect, and no martin ,15 seems like the over under number from the sg position. We are going to have to get offense from somewhere else besides lin and parsons. I suppose lamb could be that #3 option. Geez it hurts to type this. It's not like the mighty have fallen here but we are talking a big 3 team of parsons lins and lamb right now? ouch.

11. CCM721

CCM721 Member

You think Parsons is a better scoring option than Lamb?

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The title of the thread and the poll ask if he will score 15+ points, but the original post asks if he will score "20 plus points a game as a rookie." Even more egregiously, the title of the thread and the OP ask if he could score 15+, but the poll question asks if he will score that much. Could and Will are two very different things. I think he Could, but I don't think he Will, as there are just too many things working against him scoring that many points a game. Injuries, veterans in front of him, being traded, rookie wall, competing rookies, and other possible factors will easily make it impossible for him to score 15+. Yeah, scoring 15+ is possible, but not probable.

1 person likes this.
  13. J-Red

J-Red Member

I hope this guy becomes what T-Mac couldn't be for us. A SG who stays healthy and can be built around. Him and D-Mo could be what T-Mac and Yao couldn't be if they stay here and play together and are given that chance to grow and learn from guys like Dream and maybe a bench vet or two brought in for locker room leadership. I'd be happy if he could become someone's Pippen to their (As close to) Jordan. Dream needs to work with D-Mo though. Those 2 are my untouchables, along with Lin purely for marketing the team and hopeful PG stability for a few years. I hope Martin is gone before training camp and Lamb is given the chance to start, he might just shine.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Better question:

If he does score 15+ PPG, do people view his upside as solid starter unworthy of living up to a $8M/year contract once he becomes a FA?

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Will and could are different, but he certainly has the capability to do so, in a fairly efficient manner.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

It all depends on what the Rockets do with Martin, and that isn't to clear at this point. During Lin's presser, Morey said something about the young players and current roster being key to future, and named some players, not even mentioning K-Mart.

If given the green light, I'm sure he could score 15+ a night at least. He is a natural born scorer, and am optimistic about his future here.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sure. Who else is gonna take the shots for the Orlando Magic?

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

15ppg or more for Lamb is doable as a rookie if given the minutes. Unfortunately, savvy vets could score 20+ on him.

19. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

It depends on whether Martin is here or not.

But could he? Sure.

20. crash5179

Give me a break I'm not a profesional writer. :p